PDA

View Full Version : Scrubs Annaheim Final Scores in Trib

Fisk72
06-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Hangar & Co. - Maybe this topic has already been discussed and I apologize if that's the case. I find it a bit irritating that (in the Cubune, at least) we've seen the final scrubs score the day after each of their night games in Annaheim. If I remember correctly, when the Sox had night games out in Oakland and Seattle last week, we had to wait a day in order to just get the box score - let alone a decent article recaping the game. Meanwhile, we where innundated with scrubs this and scubs that. Then again, I guess I shouldn't be suprised by any of this, with the "Cubbie Koolade" everyone's being forced to drink anyways.

munchman33
06-13-2004, 02:04 PM
This has been going on for years. I though it was common knowledge. Surely Hangar must know about this?

longshot7
06-13-2004, 03:47 PM
I was at that game - it was brutal. I got in lots of arguments with stupid Flub fans.

Frater Perdurabo
06-13-2004, 05:20 PM
It's perfectly understandable given the fact that the Tribune Company owns the Cubs. The editors can claim every day and twice on Sunday that they treat the teams fairly, but their actions speak louder than their hollow words.

Tribune Company has a vested interest in seeing the competition weakened and eventually buried. It Capitalist Darwinism. They want to eliminate the competition. The Tribune would like nothing more than for the Sun-Times (their newspaper competition) to die and for the Sox (their sports entertainment competition) to die.

Of course they are not going to come out and say it, and many of their employees may not even be aware of it, especially those (and I acknowledge that there certainly are many) who are Sox fans. But the profit motive is the absolute prime motivating factor for all corporate behavior. Strip it down to its barest, basest elements, and few things would make the Tribune Company's management (and investors) happier than to have the Sox move to another city or be contracted. Again, their actions (like making sure they hold the presses for the Cubs results from the West Coast) speak much louder than their words.

MRKARNO
06-13-2004, 06:05 PM
I dont know about you but I got all of the stories for the White Sox the next day when they were on their west coast road trip in the tribune. The sun times never has late scores.