PDA

View Full Version : Biddle getting surgery next week.

Jerry_Manuel
09-21-2001, 06:58 AM
From The Trib:
Biddle surgery: Rocky Biddle will undergo arthroscopic surgery on
his right labrum next week, becoming the 11th White Sox pitcher to go under the knife in the last year.

After the Sox tried to get Biddle to close up his delivery early this summer, he felt a pinching in his shoulder that has not gone away, even with the use of anti-inflammatories.

The extent of the injury is not known, but general manager Ken Williams said he expects Biddle to be ready to pitch by next spring training.

Biddle, 25, will likely have the surgery performed by Dr. Lewis Yocum.

Paulwny
09-21-2001, 07:08 AM
If I were the head of the insurance company paying for all these surgeries, I'd start an investigation.

ode to veeck
09-21-2001, 10:41 AM
well now I feel bad about all joking the last few months about Rocky's labrum falling off ...

...but there's a deeper pattern here of Sox trainers and doctors and not taking care of the staff who have known problems (barcelo, kelly, etc etc etc) , if our doctors treated us this way it would be viewed as criminal negligence

(what happened to the steaming mad smiley, you know the one with flames on the old board, west?)

Randar68
09-21-2001, 10:46 AM
...but there's a deeper pattern here of Sox trainers and doctors and not taking care of the staff who have known problems (barcelo, kelly, etc etc etc) , if our doctors treated us this way it would be viewed as criminal negligence

Well, in thier defense, Parque, Wunsch, and Biddle all have said they hid thire injuries from the staff. Don't think Barcelo did, and Osuna was only with the Sox for a couple of weeks before he went down, so they didn't even have time to screw him up.....

Pitchers are frail, in general, and I think it's just been a case of "what goes around, comes around..."

Bmr31
09-21-2001, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Randar68

Well, in thier defense, Parque, Wunsch, and Biddle all have said they hid thire injuries from the staff. Don't think Barcelo did, and Osuna was only with the Sox for a couple of weeks before he went down, so they didn't even have time to screw him up.....

Pitchers are frail, in general, and I think it's just been a case of "what goes around, comes around..."

who cares if they hid them or not? The point is, teams dont get this many arm injuries, without a reason.

Randar68
09-21-2001, 12:18 PM
who cares if they hid them or not? The point is, teams dont get this many arm injuries, without a reason.

OK, bmr, a team has the second fewest days on the DL for thier pitchers over the course of 10 years, and suddenly, without changing training regimens or philosophies, they suddenly come down with a ton of arm injuries over a short period of time. Pitchers are fragile and very succeptable to arm injuries, and the odds finally stacked up against the Sox, and "When it rains, it pours."

Hey, it's just a difference of opinion, but IMO, it's not something we will see continue at an inordinate pace, as it has over the past 12-13 months.

Daver
09-21-2001, 06:34 PM
They did however hire Nardi "the pitcher assasin"Contreas,and I blame him.

BLAME NARDI BLAME NARDI

harwar
09-22-2001, 11:00 AM
I think the injuries to the pitching staff are just par for the course this year.I mean has ANYTHING gone right his year?2001 has been a nightmare for most Sox fans.In the "what-the- f#ck",department,Carlos Lee has had a bad second half,not just a few weeks,we're talking months here,offensively & defensively.I still see great things for him in the future,but he seems lost or confused.I think he needs a mentor during the off-season to get his mind right.