PDA

View Full Version : *Official* The Forums look great thread

bartmanisgod
06-13-2004, 02:18 AM
Just wanted to tell you guys that I love the new look! Now I just have to figure out how to use everything!

Keep up the good work! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

StockdaleForVeep
06-13-2004, 02:20 AM
Just wanted to tell you guys that I love the new look! Now I just have to figure out how to use everything!

Keep up the good work! :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Heh, mild complaint, bloody just when i was about to make wsi personality its removed from the rest of us common folk, BAH!

Michelle
06-13-2004, 02:20 AM
There's an official Q&A thread here (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34934) :D:

Michelle
06-13-2004, 02:21 AM
Heh, mild complaint, bloody just when i was about to make wsi personality its removed from the rest of us common folk, BAH!The post count criteria hasn't changed, lol.

nitetrain8601
06-13-2004, 02:37 AM
this is nice guys....keep up the good work

StockdaleForVeep
06-13-2004, 02:41 AM
The post count criteria hasn't changed, lol.

Eh, i was just lookin forward to havin a personality...:(:

Plus now my mortal enemy Batman, whom had about 1,000 posts more than me, is not on the same level as me, registered user....ooo he wont be happy

"Batmans a scientist"

Michelle
06-13-2004, 02:45 AM
Eh, i was just lookin forward to havin a personality...:(: 3 more posts and you're there :wink:

lowesox
06-13-2004, 04:02 AM
The post count criteria hasn't changed, lol.
Hey, what is the criteria. How many times do I need to post before I can become an 'elder'. I can't tell you how many of my posts were needless, just so that one day I will be able to look down on others.

Yeah it does look great though. Although I had to sign in for the first time in like two years.

StockdaleForVeep
06-13-2004, 04:14 AM
Hey west the forums look awesome. My only complaint is you did this upgrade through a white sox winner, you should have done it last night during the sox loss:D: . Ok that is supposed to be in teal but I can't find the color change. It's late and I must be going crazy, it's probably right in front of my face. Great job west.:supernana:
I believe the colour is medium tourqoise..correct?

as for shoeless, i will use a quote

http://spooner.alltoons.co.uk/images/grabpics/stewie/03.gif "He needs to get laid, BIG TIME"

WhiteSox = Life
06-13-2004, 04:43 AM
Fabulous. Utterly fabulous.

I've nothing more to say than that... At least that is related to this topic.

:D:

pinwheels3530
06-13-2004, 05:02 AM
Man where's the spell check my posts are going to be brutul!!!!:D:

patbooyah
06-13-2004, 05:09 AM
i will probably post all my posts in this font now. this way everyone will understand that i'm a dignified writer.
:gulp: :gulp:

this new board is fun. i can't thank you guys enough for making sure we sox nerds also get to call ourselves tech nerds because we post on the latest software.

please note i utilized my first icon tonight, too.

CubKilla
06-13-2004, 05:15 AM
I'm glad I remembered my password :redneck

Will we be able to preview threads by placing the arrow over thread topic? That feature ruled!!!!!

my5thbench
06-13-2004, 06:55 AM
it is easier to read, so thanks for that...guess that's

about the best you can hope to hear from an old guy...

not really!! it's very nice

CLR01
06-13-2004, 07:28 AM
I'm glad I remembered my password :redneck

Will we be able to preview threads by placing the arrow over thread topic? That feature ruled!!!!!

You should be able to. I have noticed that that feature doesn't work on the threads transfered over from the old board. As those threads die out and get bumped down it should be back to normal.

BigEdWalsh
06-13-2004, 07:44 AM
:o: Hey, I like what's been done. At first glimpse last night I thought what the f*@% is this s&*!? But after further exploration this morning this all looks pretty sharp.:biged FarWest, you've earned the BigEdWalsh Seal of Approval.:gulp:

beckett21
06-13-2004, 11:03 AM
Ok, time to give this puppy a test run....

Everything looks fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work, it's appreciated!!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

Brian26
06-13-2004, 11:11 AM
Wow, the board looks great. It will take some getting used to though.

ma-gaga
06-13-2004, 11:14 AM
Ok, time to give this puppy a test run....

Everything looks fantastic! Thanks for all the hard work, it's appreciated!!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance:
cool look...

:) and the scrolling feature still works!

:cleo
"i forsee great things for this place"

batmanZoSo
06-13-2004, 11:16 AM
it is easier to read, so thanks for that...guess that's

about the best you can hope to hear from an old guy...

not really!! it's very nice
I like that it's white background now. And the new banners are nice.

jabrch
06-13-2004, 11:53 AM
Do we have a "new teal and deeppink"?

voodoochile
06-13-2004, 12:03 PM
Do we have a "new teal and deeppink"?
no deeppink, but this magenta is pretty close...

Teal does not exist <------Please note, that is in teal...:bandance:

Whitesox029
06-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Everything looks great...wow! I can use italics without using the little bracket thingy with the "i" inside!! I'm going to have some fun with these buttons....But anyway just one complaint....It keeps making me type my login name and password everytime I come on even though I check "Remember Me." Am I doing something wrong or is this maybe a glitch to be worked out?

FarWestChicago
06-13-2004, 01:03 PM
Everything looks great...wow! I can use italics without using the little bracket thingy with the "i" inside!! I'm going to have some fun with these buttons....But anyway just one complaint....It keeps making me type my login name and password everytime I come on even though I check "Remember Me." Am I doing something wrong or is this maybe a glitch to be worked out?You've got corrupted cookies. Delete all your cookies for whitesoxinteractive.com and flyingsock.com. That should do the trick.

SoxBoy14
06-13-2004, 01:06 PM
I love the new look. Good job wsi.

I don't remember these guys but I look forward to using them:lurkers

Whitesox029
06-13-2004, 01:07 PM
You've got corrupted cookies. Delete all your cookies for whitesoxinteractive.com and flyingsock.com. That should do the trick.I'm not entirely what you'd call...internet savvy...if you could give me directions on how to delete these "cookies" that'd be great...and get me some java while you're at it.

FarWestChicago
06-13-2004, 01:12 PM
I'm not entirely what you'd call...internet savvy...if you could give me directions on how to delete these "cookies" that'd be great...and get me some java while you're at it.Post in the Upgrade Q&A thread (http://www.flyingsock.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=34934) and somebody should be able to help.

TomParrish79
06-13-2004, 01:31 PM
I thought I was in the wrong place at first, but the place looks great.

bafiarocks03
06-13-2004, 01:41 PM
you guys musta been up all night working on this one, i love it!!

Lip Man 1
06-14-2004, 01:07 PM
Just wanted to congratulate the folks who spent the time doing this. As mentioned this new style is different and will take some getting used to (I've never been one to embrace change...my motto has always been, 'constant change means constant chaos!) but the font's, colors and style appear 'cleaner.'Again thanks to those who know how to do things like this.

Lip

Baby Fisk
06-14-2004, 01:16 PM
I've been exploring the new improved WSI this morning and can conclude: it's a White Sox Winner! Congrats to all for putting it together. What did the old one look like again?

:hawk
"West and the gang...YES!"

SSN721
06-14-2004, 02:06 PM
Looks great, thought I put in the wrong website at first. Will take awhile getting used to this slick new streamlined look but I like it already. Great job West and Co. :cheers: :)