PDA

View Full Version : *Official* If you sign him we will come! Campaign


bartmanisgod
06-12-2004, 01:57 PM
I really don't want to see Maggs walk. He is a great player and I think I would cry if I saw him in right field for the Yankees! Please the evil empire has enough of their own talent let's keep ours! I am starting the official "If you sign him they will come" campagin. If the White Sox sign Magglio to a 5 yr 70 mil deal than I think people should show up to the games! If JR FINALLY makes a commitment to winning or aty least spending money on quality players I think the least sox fans can do is go to the games! (This is not another attendance thread) I am going to make a sign that says "If you sign him they will come" and bring it to every sox game I go to for the rest of the year! (Yea it's a spin off field of dreams) I am curious to see who else would do it...or at least make signs about signing maggs and bring them to the ballpark?

HomerCoach
06-12-2004, 02:01 PM
I'll fly my sign every time i'm in the WSI chat for games, or the 3 remaining games on ESPN or Fox that i can watch while in my livingroom.

pinwheels3530
06-12-2004, 02:04 PM
If you sign him I will re-new my season tickets!!!
RESIGN MAGGS STOP BEING SO CHEAP JR!!!

SEALgep
06-12-2004, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by pinwheels3530
If you sign him I will re-new my season tickets!!!
RESIGN MAGGS STOP BEING SO CHEAP JR!!! If Maggs doesn't sign, it's easy to blame JR, but it's just bad business to sign him for more than he's worth. If you're going to give him a blank check, you might as well give it to Beltran.

pinwheels3530
06-12-2004, 02:21 PM
BS we don't know what number were thrown around, no one is saying to give him a blnk check JR shoul raise the payroll. HE"S CHEAP

Hangar18
06-12-2004, 02:28 PM
im in

bartmanisgod
06-12-2004, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
im in

I knew you would be! :)

samram
06-12-2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by bartmanisgod
I really don't want to see Maggs walk. He is a great player and I think I would cry if I saw him in right field for the Yankees! Please the evil empire has enough of their own talent let's keep ours! I am starting the official "If you sign him they will come" campagin. If the White Sox sign Magglio to a 5 yr 70 mil deal than I think people should show up to the games! If JR FINALLY makes a commitment to winning or aty least spending money on quality players I think the least sox fans can do is go to the games! (This is not another attendance thread) I am going to make a sign that says "If you sign him they will come" and bring it to every sox game I go to for the rest of the year! (Yea it's a spin off field of dreams) I am curious to see who else would do it...or at least make signs about signing maggs and bring them to the ballpark?

Even if Maggs is back, if the Sox are 26-31 this time next year, USCF will be a ghost town. Winning drives attendance, not who's on the team.

cubhater
06-12-2004, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by samram
Even if Maggs is back, if the Sox are 26-31 this time next year, USCF will be a ghost town. Winning drives attendance, not who's on the team.

My sentiments exactly. If we go in the tank next year with him, I'm sure he'll be #1 on the trade list, not many teams will be interested in paying him for the next half-decade, and the Sox won't get many top prospects because other teams know JR would be desperate to dump his contract.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to keep Mags but not at the expense of using that money to significantly improve our shortcomings.

Whitesox029
06-13-2004, 01:05 PM
Even if Maggs is back, if the Sox are 26-31 this time next year, USCF will be a ghost town. Winning drives attendance, not who's on the team.Yeah but who's on the team drives winning, which drives attendance. So indirectly, who's on the team does drive attendance. I know you're gonna say we've been doing fine without him, but I think that's psychological.....the Sox know maggs will be back. It keeps them going. If they thought he was gone for good, they might feel intimidated at having to fill his shoes permanently.