PDA

View Full Version : Free Parking Along the Red Line

Cellview22
06-12-2004, 11:49 AM
Can anyone tell me where I might find free parking along the red line? I know there's some meter parking near the corner of State and Roosevelt, but those say 2-hr only.

Another question: If I decide to park near the Cell, where's the best place to park for $8 or under?

GO SOX!!!

cubhater
06-12-2004, 12:17 PM
Good luck finding any free parking in the south Loop. All the residents living in the lofts and condos makes it difficult finding any curb parking. And forget anything near Chinatown. It's packed too.

Can't think of any place near The Cell under $8. There's plenty of street parking west of Morgan Street (1000W) where you don't need a permit on game days. It's about a 20 minute walk to the game though. Just don't park on Morgan unless you want to bump into some Latin Kings.

If you get to the game early, drive around some of the warehouses/businesses north of the stadium and south of 31st. There are a few blocks where you dont' need a parking permit but double-check the street signs to make sure. There's also plenty of non-metered parking along 31st St.

32nd&Wallace
06-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Get to the park two hours before game time there is parking along Shields Avenue in between 34th and 32nd Streets.
Also, there is a bar called Catchers down on 35th STreet next to the Bridgeport Auto Body Shop. If you go in there, have a few beers (very cheap, $1 for an MGD) they will let you park in their lost across the street.

32nd&Wallace
06-12-2004, 12:41 PM
Also try along 31st Street..... Near the viaduct and Maxwell's Polish....Plenty of parking and very safe

ewokpelts
06-12-2004, 01:28 PM
Daver Parks by Stateway Gardens. He says he's never had aproblem.
Gene

vegyrex
06-13-2004, 10:09 AM
Daver Parks by Stateway Gardens. He says he's never had aproblem.
Gene
LOL

batmanZoSo
06-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Good luck finding any free parking in the south Loop. All the residents living in the lofts and condos makes it difficult finding any curb parking. And forget anything near Chinatown. It's packed too.

Can't think of any place near The Cell under $8. There's plenty of street parking west of Morgan Street (1000W) where you don't need a permit on game days. It's about a 20 minute walk to the game though. Just don't park on Morgan unless you want to bump into some Latin Kings.

If you get to the game early, drive around some of the warehouses/businesses north of the stadium and south of 31st. There are a few blocks where you dont' need a parking permit but double-check the street signs to make sure. There's also plenty of non-metered parking along 31st St.
Ha. You just gotta learn the language of the Latin Kings. They won't harm thee.

Seriously, I'll pay the won't-get-lynched charge and be happy. :smile:

pinwheels3530
06-13-2004, 11:34 AM
There is a parking lot next to the Chinatown stop at the red line, not sure how full it get's or how much they charge.

elrod
06-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Stateway Gardens is gone. I parked the other night (Tuesday) on 35th Street across from the Police Headquarters. It's free and there are about a thousand police cars around. It's just east of the green line station. There are other spots around IIT. I don't think it's unsafe to park there at all.

Brian26
06-13-2004, 12:37 PM
There is a parking lot next to the Chinatown stop at the red line, not sure how full it get's or how much they charge.
Chinatown might be more difficult than Lincoln Park to find an open parking spot on the weekends, no joke. It's a mess down there.

npdempse
06-14-2004, 01:31 AM
Chinatown might be more difficult than Lincoln Park to find an open parking spot on the weekends, no joke. It's a mess down there.
I've never had a problem parking on Wentworth. You could also try Michigan a little south of 22nd, if you want to use that station--tons of free parking. It's seriously nowhere near as rough an area as it used to be, as McCormick is spreading its influence and I'm sure Daley wants to ensure that no conference-goers get themselves jumped.

doublem23
06-14-2004, 01:50 AM
I've street parked many times around the Cell and never, ever felt threatened. As long as you stay West of the Dan Ryan, I think you're mint.

italiancee
06-14-2004, 07:02 AM
stop trying to park in the neighborhood. its hard enough to find parking and now your trying to be cheap and park in a residents spot.haha

go sox!!

elrod
06-14-2004, 09:42 AM
I've never felt threatened street parking east or west of the Dan Ryan. Nearly all of the projects east of the Dan Ryan are gone. There are hundreds of cops along 35th street east of the highway, and IIT is heavily patrolled. Your best bet for free parking near the green line station on 35th or just north in IIT.

skottyj242
06-14-2004, 11:11 AM
[QUOTE=italiancee]stop trying to park in the neighborhood. its hard enough to find parking and now your trying to be cheap and park in a residents spot.haha

go sox!![/QUOTE

I don't live in Bridgeport but I have a resident sticker so you can yell at me too if you can't find a spot.

Fridaythe13thJason
06-14-2004, 11:18 AM
I don't live in Bridgeport but I have a resident sticker so you can yell at me too if you can't find a spot.

That's not something I would openly suggest talking about on the internet.