PDA

View Full Version : Fun stuff.

Railsplitter
06-12-2004, 01:41 AM
The scoreboard wasn't a good as I'd want it to be, but there were the game had it's moments.

I'd like to be in his shoes: Guy is sitting between two great looking blondes when the Kiss Cam focuses on them. He get a kiss from each one

Coincidence #1: Fellow University of Illinois at Springfield Alum sat right behind me. Didn't see her until the late innings, though

Coincidence #2: Somebody in the left field stands throws trash onto the field about the tops of the 8th. About the time the cops bring him up to the concourse, a Braves batter strikes out and a recording of Hawk saying "He gone" is played.

Going into the top of the ninth, there seemed to be sense of people wanting to extend the inning so Carlos Lee would get a chance to extend the streak. After he drove in a run, then Valentin Homered, people were sensing a comeback.

SpringfldFan
06-12-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter

Coincidence #1: Fellow University of Illinois at Springfield Alum sat right behind me. Didn't see her until the late innings, though

UIS? For a Chicagoland guy, whatever possessed you to come down here to Springfield to go to school?

Railsplitter
06-12-2004, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by SpringfldFan
UIS? For a Chicagoland guy, whatever possessed you to come down here to Springfield to go to school?

Does my name give you a clue?

ewokpelts
06-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
The scoreboard wasn't a good as I'd want it to be, but there were the game had it's moments.

I'd like to be in his shoes: Guy is sitting between two great looking blondes when the Kiss Cam focuses on them. He get a kiss from each one

Coincidence #2: Somebody in the left field stands throws trash onto the field about the tops of the 8th. About the time the cops bring him up to the concourse, a Braves batter strikes out and a recording of Hawk saying "He gone" is played.

Going into the top of the ninth, there seemed to be sense of people wanting to extend the inning so Carlos Lee would get a chance to extend the streak. After he drove in a run, then Valentin Homered, people were sensing a comeback.

How bout the crowd's reaction to the them vs. us commercial?
Gene

SpringfldFan
06-13-2004, 10:13 AM
Does my name give you a clue?
Lol, point well taken. So I guess I should be asking why a Chicagoland guy came down to go to Lincoln H.S. (Nothing against Lincoln H.S. - they *do* play great baseball and basketball!).