FarWestChicago
06-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Too little, too late...

mantis1212
06-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Not for Carlos at least :smile:

SEALgep
06-11-2004, 09:43 PM
At least we went out knowing we're not dead.

cheeses_h_rice
06-11-2004, 09:44 PM
I have to tip my hat to Jared Wright -- he looked pretty damn good for most of the game.

Too bad the Sox waited 'til the 9th to do anything.

:(:

BearSox
06-11-2004, 09:44 PM
I don't know what women want but I know I want a better showing from the Sox tommorow

ChiSoxJay
06-11-2004, 09:45 PM
How did schoey look on the bump tonight?

SEALgep
06-11-2004, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by ChiSoxJay
How did schoey look on the bump tonight? He got squeezed early, so it was kind of hard to tell.

samram
06-11-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
He got squeezed early, so it was kind of hard to tell.

I remember he got squeezed on the Jones walk, but would it kill one of the Sox pitchers to pitch over a bad call? Especially against Eli Marrero.

pilotsjs89
06-11-2004, 09:53 PM
--

IA_soxfan
06-11-2004, 09:54 PM
Maybe Schoenwiess is starting to lose it, or perhaps the league is starting to figure out his new cutter. I read something today that said he has an ERA over 5.00 in his last 3 starts (not including today's shellacking). He needs to turn it around his next start. This team has survived amicably so far with no real fifth starter, but I don't think it will continue to do so if Schoney goes in the tank.

Lip Man 1
06-11-2004, 10:05 PM
It would be nice to beat the Braves just once since it hasn't happened yet in four tries.

Lip

Fungo
06-11-2004, 10:07 PM
I'd a let Crede hit.

duke of dorwood
06-11-2004, 10:29 PM
Seems like any pitcher that puts on that uniform becomes a star. Their pitching coach must have a potion. If so, Koch should drink a gallon of it

THE_HOOTER
06-11-2004, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
It would be nice to beat the Braves just once since it hasn't happened yet in four tries.

Lip

Go away already.

Isn't there anything better to do in Idaho than be a bitch????

CWSGuy406
06-11-2004, 11:00 PM
Well I was at the game. It looked like Scott got the raw deal on a couple calls in the second or third, but oh well. At least the Phillies won, so we don't lose any ground.

Just wanted to tell you guys about something pretty cool I saw tonight. This one little kid, about five years old or so, got two baseballs, one from a foul ball, another from a player giving it to him. Well, late in the game, this one kid was real sad that he didn't get a ball. And the kid goes and gives one of his baseballs to the other kid, that was pretty nice to see. I don't know why I'm telling you guys this, I just thought it was a nice act...

BearSox
06-11-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
Well I was at the game. It looked like Scott got the raw deal on a couple calls in the second or third, but oh well. At least the Phillies won, so we don't lose any ground.

Just wanted to tell you guys about something pretty cool I saw tonight. This one little kid, about five years old or so, got two baseballs, one from a foul ball, another from a player giving it to him. Well, late in the game, this one kid was real sad that he didn't get a ball. And the kid goes and gives one of his baseballs to the other kid, that was pretty nice to see. I don't know why I'm telling you guys this, I just thought it was a nice act...

Sox Pride! :smile:

CWSGuy406
06-11-2004, 11:11 PM
Oh yeah - I know we lost, but congrats to C-Lee for extending the hitting streak.

BTW - for those of you who listened to the game on TV/Radio, or even for those at the game, for the first couple of innings, did you hear a loud whistling sound? Well, this one guy right behind me was whistling loud as hell, and the usher told him about mid-game to stop because people were complaining. Could you guys hear that on TV?

Bucktown
06-11-2004, 11:14 PM
I loved the way Carlos pumped his fist after getting his hit. It is great to see the players excited like that.

31 to go.

Brian26
06-12-2004, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by THE_HOOTER
Go away already.

For some reason, this comment made me laugh out loud. :D:

batmanZoSo
06-12-2004, 12:16 AM
Folks, this is why we need Garcia. Schoeneweis and Garland, playoff pitchers they are not. They're 4s and 5s.

Of course, let's get to the playoffs first...and this ain't how you do it. Fortunately it means nothing as the Twins get hammered by the Phillies as expected. Nicely predicted by several people.

batmanZoSo
06-12-2004, 12:17 AM
Go away already.

That was remarkably uncalled for.

Lip, you keep on truckin.

RKMeibalane
06-12-2004, 01:49 AM
Go away already.

Nope.

RKMeibalane
06-12-2004, 01:50 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
That was remarkably uncalled for.

Lip, you keep on truckin.

Normally, I would agree with you, but Lip's negativity has driven more than a few Sox fans to the brink of insanity. He's always looking for the cloud within every silver lining. It gets old after reading the same thing over and over again.

SSN721
06-12-2004, 09:16 AM

Man, if I saw that I could have left the game a lot happier. That is a really cool thing. Definitely shows some Sox Pride, glad to see it. COngrats to Carlos. Other then the ninth this team didnt show any kind of effort at all last night. Very flat. If the big show cant do much better then that they better be giving him some more run support. They had enough chances to still win this game as pathetic as they looked. I guess that is the one positive I will take away. At least this year it was a 6-4 game where it would probably have been a 6-0 game last year. I know a loss is still a loss but at least we put up a fight every game.

idseer
06-12-2004, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane
Normally, I would agree with you, but Lip's negativity has driven more than a few Sox fans to the brink of insanity. He's always looking for the cloud within every silver lining. It gets old after reading the same thing over and over again.

and what was wrong with him clueing in many that the sox have yet to beat atlanta?

mdep524
06-12-2004, 12:31 PM
Oh yeah - I know we lost, but congrats to C-Lee for extending the hitting streak.

BTW - for those of you who listened to the game on TV/Radio, or even for those at the game, for the first couple of innings, did you hear a loud whistling sound? Well, this one guy right behind me was whistling loud as hell, and the usher told him about mid-game to stop because people were complaining. Could you guys hear that on TV?

YES. I definitely heard that on TV and it was annoying as hell. In levels of annoyingness, it reminded me of that one hot dog vendor in Detroit that used to yodel at the top of his lungs during games. Does anybody remember that guy? I almost had to turn the sound off on broadcasts from Detroit- I hope he's gone this season.

RKMeibalane
06-12-2004, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by idseer
and what was wrong with him clueing in many that the sox have yet to beat atlanta?

I think most Sox fans are aware that our Pale Hose have never beaten the Braves. We're not Cubs fans. We know what's actually happening on the playing field.

idseer
06-13-2004, 08:18 AM
I think most Sox fans are aware that our Pale Hose have never beaten the Braves. We're not Cubs fans. We know what's actually happening on the playing field.
do you? i didn't know it. and i doubt MOST sox fans knew that.

without looking it up tell me what the sox alltime record against the mets is.

my5thbench
06-13-2004, 08:25 AM
urgent , more votes are needed for our friend from across

the pond jump on Sox fans

my5thbench
06-13-2004, 08:27 AM
I tried to excersize an unalienable right quite familiar in these parts, stuffing the ballot box but it only let me

vote once