PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6-11-04 Sox vs. Braves GAMEDAY THREAD


Brian26
06-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Wow. Hawk's mad at the ump for squeezing Scho on a 3-2 pitch. Sure enough, the next batter clears the bases with a 3-run double.

soltrain21
06-11-2004, 07:53 PM
That was a pretty crazy call, though. Sandy didn't even move his glove...

balboner
06-11-2004, 07:54 PM
With Schoeneweis looking like crap lately, it makes a possible trade for another starter even more important. Also, the fact that we are playing basically two infielders (Harris and Gload) in the outfield is hurting our defense.

MikeKreevich
06-11-2004, 08:09 PM
I thought Ozzie should have gotten chased there. He should have visited the mound and waited for the home plate umpire to visit. The umpire probably wouldn't have run him because he wouldn't have known what Ozzie was saying. Has Ozzie been thrown out yet?

Nard
06-11-2004, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by balboner
With Schoeneweis looking like crap lately, it makes a possible trade for another starter even more important. Also, the fact that we are playing basically two infielders (Harris and Gload) in the outfield is hurting our defense.

He's two bad starts. Get a new 4th starter? Are you kidding me?

We'll still win this one.

idseer
06-11-2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Nard
He's two bad starts. Get a new 4th starter? Are you kidding me?

We'll still win this one.

actually ... his era coming into this game is lower than it's ever been before. i'd say the norm for him is barely an average pitcher at best who got off to a better than expected start.
i'm not sold at all on scott.
in other words, the last 2 starts may very well be the REAL schoeneweis.

SEALgep
06-11-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by idseer
actually ... his era coming into this game is lower than it's ever been before. i'd say the norm for him is barely an average pitcher at best who got off to a better than expected start.
i'm not sold at all on scott.
in other words, the last 2 starts may very well be the REAL schoeneweis. I hope you're wrong, but it's possible. It makes us getting another starter that much more important. Schoney would still be a pretty good 5th starter.

idseer
06-11-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by SEALgep
I hope you're wrong, but it's possible. It makes us getting another starter that much more important. Schoney would still be a pretty good 5th starter.

agree. i have no problem with a lifetime .500 pitcher being our 5th starter.

Brian26
06-11-2004, 09:34 PM
CARLOS EXTENDS THE STREAK TO 25!

cheeses_h_rice
06-11-2004, 09:34 PM
Jose just made this game a bit more interesting.

:)

Brian26
06-11-2004, 09:34 PM
JOSE WITH A 3-run BOMB! 6-4 Braves. Things are cookin' in the 9th.

Brian26
06-11-2004, 09:35 PM
:farmer

"All we need is a bloop and a blast."

Brian26
06-11-2004, 09:36 PM
And Konerko gets the bloop.

Tying run to the plate in Ross Gload. Rowand pinch runs for PK.

We got ourselves a fantastic finish here.

Brian26
06-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Gload hits into the a fielder's choice as Aaron is forced at 2nd.

Timo up with 2 outs.

BearSox
06-11-2004, 09:37 PM
:supernana:
Rally Time Baby!

Brian26
06-11-2004, 09:40 PM
Braves win 6-4 as Timo strikes out.

ndgt10
06-11-2004, 09:41 PM
Our bench is weak.