PDA

View Full Version : Tonights game on TBS?

BearSox
06-11-2004, 04:34 PM
Anybody know? That'd be great for us out-of-towners

Jurr
06-11-2004, 04:36 PM
That would be a negative, ghost writer. It sucks, too, because in Memphis, any Braves game gets blacked out with MLB extra innings, so I'm totally screwed tonight.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Although the game will not be shown on TBS, you don't stay home empty handed, you get to watch the Mel Gibson classic "What Women Want".

Who needs Sox baseball when you have Mel Gibson!

DrCrawdad
06-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by BearSox
Anybody know? That'd be great for us out-of-towners

I know that when the Cubbies play the Braves the TBS broadcast is usually blacked out here in Chicagoland.

Check your local program listing for details or turn on TBS at 7PM Central time tonight to see for sure.

Jurr
06-11-2004, 04:44 PM
It's not even on in the south. What women want, baby!!!!

Nard
06-11-2004, 06:40 PM
Nope. They only show important series with teams like the Tigers, Expos, and Pirates.

BearSox
06-11-2004, 07:04 PM
Is it just me or does Konerko look a lot like Mel Gibson tonight...and Koch I swear looks like Helen Hunt and where are their uniforms! :gulp:

samram
06-11-2004, 07:18 PM
For anyone in the south, the game is on Turner South.

misty60481
06-11-2004, 07:52 PM
Jose Valentine looks like that French inspecter Peroit on TV

Nard
06-11-2004, 08:08 PM
Judy Garland is looking more like Marissa Tomei every second.

idseer
06-11-2004, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by VeeckAsInWreck
Although the game will not be shown on TBS, you don't stay home empty handed, you get to watch the Mel Gibson classic "What Women Want".

Who needs Sox baseball when you have Mel Gibson!

and that's not all! according to MY local paper, you get to watch 'what women want' all over again tomorrow night instead of the game!

:angry:

in FACT ... NONE of the 3 games are to be televised!

:angry: :angry:

Lip Man 1
06-11-2004, 10:14 PM
WGN is televising the Saturday game. I don't know if WTBS will televise Sunday's or not.

Lip

Huisj
06-11-2004, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by Jurr
That would be a negative, ghost writer. It sucks, too, because in Memphis, any Braves game gets blacked out with MLB extra innings, so I'm totally screwed tonight.

dang, isn't memphis a long ways away from atlanta? that's ridiculous.

nasox
06-12-2004, 02:33 AM
Originally posted by Huisj
dang, isn't memphis a long ways away from atlanta? that's ridiculous.

I guess it is better to be safe than sorry though.

HITMEN OF 77
06-12-2004, 11:05 AM
On WGN today at 6. Finally get to see a game on TV. Hopefully be home from work by then to catch the start.

CyYoung5621
06-12-2004, 11:08 AM
I love it when its on WGN cuz i get to see the sox play

kcsportscaster
06-13-2004, 01:46 AM
Hello, I am new to this message board, but not to this awesome site as I discovered it a couple of weeks ago. This site is MUCH BETTER than the official Sox site. Also, I am BOTH a HUGE Sox AND Braves fan, so this weekend's series is fun for me personally. To answer the question further about TBS, NO, unfortunately, they will NOT televise Sunday's game either. They, for some insane reason, deem the movies "The Other Sister," and "Father of the Bride" more important than a series between two contenders in their respective divisions. Thankfully, I have Turner South where I live in Alabama, so I am able to watch the Braves most every game like the old days when TBS televised nearly every game. Note: Our Fox Sports Net regional station televises the Braves on Wednesday nights.

I do want to ask this of Sox fans in Chicagoland: Is there any chatter about wanting to get more Sox games on WGN? I, as a Sox fan in Alabama, want many more games on WGN, because none of us here get either your FSN channel or WCIU-TV except those who have DirecTV and the Extra Innings package. Back on Thursday night, I bought the one day mlb.tv package in order to watch the Sox game with the Phillies, which was, of course, rained out, but they fed the Phillies telecast instead of for me bonus Hawk and
D-J!!!!

As for the team's performance: Miles ahead of last year with a certain comatose "manager." Ozzieball is definitely working as I have seen more hit and run plays as well as more bunting by the Sox this year than in previous years. Also, methinks Ozzie has found his new closer in Shingo after getting the Braves out one-two-three in the top of the ninth Saturday night. The Sox should definitely get rid of Koch after his most recent meltdowns. I'm still having nightmares over last Sunday night.

Oh, and one more thing: I HATE THE CHUBBY FLUBBIES WITH PASSION!!!! 1908 AND BARTMAN FOREVER AND EVER AMEN SO HELP ME GOD!!!!

Later on,

Ken

Nick@Nite
06-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Hello, I am new to this message board, but not to this awesome site as I discovered it a couple of weeks ago. This site is MUCH BETTER than the official Sox site. Also, I am BOTH a HUGE Sox AND Braves fan, so this weekend's series is fun for me personally. To answer the question further about TBS, NO, unfortunately, they will NOT televise Sunday's game either. They, for some insane reason, deem the movies "The Other Sister," and "Father of the Bride" more important than a series between two contenders in their respective divisions. Thankfully, I have Turner South where I live in Alabama, so I am able to watch the Braves most every game like the old days when TBS televised nearly every game. Note: Our Fox Sports Net regional station televises the Braves on Wednesday nights.

I do want to ask this of Sox fans in Chicagoland: Is there any chatter about wanting to get more Sox games on WGN? I, as a Sox fan in Alabama, want many more games on WGN, because none of us here get either your FSN channel or WCIU-TV except those who have DirecTV and the Extra Innings package. Back on Thursday night, I bought the one day mlb.tv package in order to watch the Sox game with the Phillies, which was, of course, rained out, but they fed the Phillies telecast instead of for me bonus Hawk and
D-J!!!!

As for the team's performance: Miles ahead of last year with a certain comatose "manager." Ozzieball is definitely working as I have seen more hit and run plays as well as more bunting by the Sox this year than in previous years. Also, methinks Ozzie has found his new closer in Shingo after getting the Braves out one-two-three in the top of the ninth Saturday night. The Sox should definitely get rid of Koch after his most recent meltdowns. I'm still having nightmares over last Sunday night.

Oh, and one more thing: I HATE THE CHUBBY FLUBBIES WITH PASSION!!!! 1908 AND BARTMAN FOREVER AND EVER AMEN SO HELP ME GOD!!!!

Later on,

Ken
Hey, welcome aboard! :D:

DSpivack
06-13-2004, 12:22 PM
Living here at Emory for the summer, well the next two weeks anyway, I won't be able to watch the Sox, even though they're playing the Braves. :angry:

Turner South and the FSN South I got at my old school [Oxford College of Emory U.] but not here. :whiner: :whiner: :whiner:

Tragg
06-13-2004, 12:28 PM
75% of the baseball I get all summer is Braves, Braves, Braves.

So finally they play the Sox and NO GAMES ARE TELEVISED.

Effing ridiculous

hsnterprize
06-13-2004, 01:18 PM

D-J!!!!

Later on,

KenKen,

Welcome to the land of Sox Pride!!!!! Glad you could come by and sit a spell. Anyway, we'd all love for the Sox to get more games on WGN, but unfortunately, the Cubbies dominate WGN, so there'll be a lot of Cubs games on that station vs. the Sox. I also think it's weird that you can almost watch every Braves game on TBS outside Atlanta, but they wouldn't show the Sox-Braves game. Now here in Chicago, we see the Cubs-Braves on our local Fox Sports Net affiliate and WGN. So when we saw "What Women Want" on TBS, we didn't think anything about it.

Of course, Atlanta, as nice of a place as it is (I've been there a few times while I was in teh service), can have a few dolts in their local media. There was some schlep who wrote a scathing piece about U.S. Cellular Field in the Atlanta Urinal & Constipation (oops...that's the Atlanta Journal and Constitution). I and other Sox lovers whote him back...he seemed to be like any other local beat writer writing about Wrigley Field's wonderful attributes and slamming the Cell. Go figure.

Once again, welcome aboard.