PDA

View Full Version : WSI Regular got it right with JR, Maggs!

joeynach
06-11-2004, 04:14 PM
I found this so interesting in the thread i started about Maggs leaving. PinWheels3550 posted this remark.

"REMEBER the wttw channel 11 interview with Sirott JR says " I am a steward for my investors I can't allowsUS to lose money" the guy doesn't believe in the first rule of business he's CHEAP!!!!!!"

Exactly, pinwheels got it right. The 1st rule of business has not been exercised by this ownership and becuase of that they will never suceed (win a championship). You definatly have to spend money to make money, but this group wont spend money past what they project as guranteed return. And Art Moreno will be the first to tell you that. Therfore they are handicapping themselves. Whatever happened to the entrepenurual spirit, thats how a successful business is run. This is just sad, we look like milwaukee or kansas city.

bennyw41
06-11-2004, 04:25 PM
No offense nach, but......

:threadsucks

You haven't made any point, or discussed anything that has been beaten to DEATH.

joeynach
06-11-2004, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41

You haven't made any point, or discussed anything that has been beaten to DEATH.

well you dont have to be a dick about it.

hsnterprize
06-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
I found this so interesting in the thread i started about Maggs leaving. PinWheels3550 posted this remark.

"REMEBER the wttw channel 11 interview with Sirott JR says " I am a steward for my investors I can't allowsUS to lose money" the guy doesn't believe in the first rule of business he's CHEAP!!!!!!"

Exactly, pinwheels got it right. The 1st rule of business has not been exercised by this ownership and becuase of that they will never suceed (win a championship). You definatly have to spend money to make money, but this group wont spend money past what they project as guranteed return. And Art Moreno will be the first to tell you that. Therfore they are handicapping themselves. Whatever happened to the entrepenurual spirit, thats how a successful business is run. This is just sad, we look like milwaukee or kansas city. This post was quoted on "Mac, Jurko, and Harry" on ESPN Radio 1000 at around 4:20 this afternoon. I forgot who called in, but the caller mentioned White Sox Interactive by name.

SEALgep
06-11-2004, 04:41 PM

jeremyb1
06-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
The 1st rule of business has not been exercised by this ownership and becuase of that they will never suceed (win a championship). You definatly have to spend money to make money, but this group wont spend money past what they project as guranteed return.

Maybe I come from a more humble background than most but I consider 63 million to be spending money. Furthermore, if the reason JR doesn't spend more is to keep up profit margins for the shareholders the organization clearly is making money. Finally, I don't know how this discussion can ever be constructive. How can you say what amount of money would be sufficient to spend if you don't know the team's revenue? Clearly some degree of financial responsibility must be maintained or the team could go bankrupt.

South Side
06-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41

UGH, Mods please ban that picture from being used ever again!!! It's not even comical anymore.

TommyJohn
06-11-2004, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by South Side
UGH, Mods please ban that picture from being used ever again!!! It's not even comical anymore.

I agree. That guy's a dip.

South Side
06-11-2004, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by TommyJohn
I agree. That guy's a dip.

I actually like the guy himself, it is just ridiculous how much he pops up. Is it humor you people are trying to relay with posting that guy because it's just not working anymore...

pudge
06-11-2004, 06:44 PM
That guy is friggin classic, I die every time I see him... warped sense of humor I guess...

And BTW, this thread does kinda suck...

gosox41
06-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Maybe I come from a more humble background than most but I consider 63 million to be spending money. Furthermore, if the reason JR doesn't spend more is to keep up profit margins for the shareholders the organization clearly is making money. Finally, I don't know how this discussion can ever be constructive. How can you say what amount of money would be sufficient to spend if you don't know the team's revenue? Clearly some degree of financial responsibility must be maintained or the team could go bankrupt.

Whatever people don't know about revenue around here they will be more then happy to make up or assume that it's bigger then what it is.

Bob

pearso66
06-12-2004, 10:59 AM
I think people tend to compare what we spend ot the Yankees and Red Sox of this world. He might be able to spend more than $63 million, but who on this board knows that for sure? Do I want him tos pend more money? of course, but only if he has it. Is he making money, of course JR is making money, there would be no point in owning a team if he was losing money. But how much is he making? I don't know, as do none of us. Plus JR has to abide by all the stock holders wishes also. What if JR really does want to up salary to say $80 mil, but the other stock holders dont, so he cant. Maybe we are all getting mad at the wrong man.

soxtalker
06-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by pearso66
I think people tend to compare what we spend ot the Yankees and Red Sox of this world. He might be able to spend more than $63 million, but who on this board knows that for sure? Do I want him tos pend more money? of course, but only if he has it. Is he making money, of course JR is making money, there would be no point in owning a team if he was losing money. But how much is he making? I don't know, as do none of us. Plus JR has to abide by all the stock holders wishes also. What if JR really does want to up salary to say $80 mil, but the other stock holders dont, so he cant. Maybe we are all getting mad at the wrong man.

I also note that there are plenty of complaints when food, beer, parking, and ticket prices go up. IIRC, the fellow from Boston who was visiting parks across the country remarked at how low the White Sox ticket prices were compared those they have to pay in Boston.

CubKilla
06-12-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by soxtalker
I also note that there are plenty of complaints when food, beer, parking, and ticket prices go up. IIRC, the fellow from Boston who was visiting parks across the country remarked at how low the White Sox ticket prices were compared those they have to pay in Boston.

Prices for everything are higher in Boston. EVERYTHING. And excuse any Sox fan from failing to shed a tear when ticket, parking, and concession prices go up but close to nil is signed during the same offseason.

Personally, I can care less what prices are for anything in Boston or anywhere else around the ML's. At least the higher prices brought in schlubs like Schilling, Foulke, Ortiz, and Ramirez over the years.

pearso66
06-13-2004, 11:21 AM
well IIRC, and I'm not positive on any of this, it's just stuff I've heard randomly. The White Sox have some of the lowest concessions in the league, and I think ticket prices are among the lowest also. Yet we spend more than 1/2 of the league. While I won't shed a tear for them not signing anyone and raising ticket prices, I wont use that as an excuse for them not putting more money into the team. Should they put it back into the team, yes, but is it nice to be among one of the cheaper tickets in MLB, yes its great.

joeynach
06-13-2004, 11:43 PM
This post was quoted on "Mac, Jurko, and Harry" on ESPN Radio 1000 at around 4:20 this afternoon. I forgot who called in, but the caller mentioned White Sox Interactive by name.
That caller was me. Joey from flossmoor, get it Joeynach.