PDA

View Full Version : I'm sick of Mariotti bashing


32nd&Wallace
06-11-2004, 11:51 AM
I'm not going to make a lot of friends with this but here goes. There seems to be a contradiction on this website with people who bash both JR and Mariotti. But can you name another person in this town who is JR's harshest critic. Who calls him out for being overly concerned with his profit margin.
I find reading Mariotti's column and listening to his show to be somewhat of a catharsis as of late. Why? Because he does not spin.
For example, everyone on this website complains on how JR makes a huge profit on his team and refuses to reinvest.
I could understand this is if people on this website blindly supported JR and said "hey 94 was no big deal" "hey 97, no problem"
When JM attacks attendance issues, its attacked in the context of those two seasons. Not because of Sox fans. Mariotti has gone on record saying Sox fans are better than Cub fans. His 2003 opening day column praised Sox fans for being more knowledable and less tolerant of bad management and ripped Cub fans who are just their for the party.
Anyone on this website who blasts Mariotti and then turns around and whines about JR's frugality is a hypocrite.

bennyw41
06-11-2004, 11:53 AM
What about us who hate Marrioti, but are indifferent with JR?

32nd&Wallace
06-11-2004, 11:57 AM
Then that's fine. I respect that.

SEALgep
06-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
I'm not going to make a lot of friends with this but here goes. There seems to be a contradiction on this website with people who bash both JR and Mariotti. But can you name another person in this town who is JR's harshest critic. Who calls him out for being overly concerned with his profit margin.
I find reading Mariotti's column and listening to his show to be somewhat of a catharsis as of late. Why? Because he does not spin.
For example, everyone on this website complains on how JR makes a huge profit on his team and refuses to reinvest.
I could understand this is if people on this website blindly supported JR and said "hey 94 was no big deal" "hey 97, no problem"
When JM attacks attendance issues, its attacked in the context of those two seasons. Not because of Sox fans. Mariotti has gone on record saying Sox fans are better than Cub fans. His 2003 opening day column praised Sox fans for being more knowledable and less tolerant of bad management and ripped Cub fans who are just their for the party.
Anyone on this website who blasts Mariotti and then turns around and whines about JR's frugality is a hypocrite. I think you're mixed up if you don't think Mariotti spins. He's a spin master. Complaining about JR is one thing, but that doesn't mean you have to support Mariotti, who is about as stupid as they come.

bennyw41
06-11-2004, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
Then that's fine. I respect that.

I hate Marrioti for his two-faced, spin control articles. He's the biggest windsock in the world, and even more importantly, he has some beef with JR that isn't public, yet makes it part of his agenda to bash him for sometimes no reason. I would love to find out the real reason behind the hatred of the two, because then we could see what his motives are in his articles, because "finding the truth" isn't one of them.

32nd&Wallace
06-11-2004, 12:04 PM
Even if you say he doesn't spin, you have to give him credit for attacking JR like no other commentator does in this town. And he attacks him for the things that everyone on this website complains about. Yes, I admit he does spin like every sports columnist.
I think he gives you things from an objective viewpoint. Having been a journalist, I agree that it is pretty low when you have sports columnists or radio hosts not being shy about who they support. Grobber open about being a Cub fan. Even Lou Cannelis about being a Sox fan. You guys are journalists! It would be akin to Tom Brokaw endorsing John Kerrey for President at the end of his newscast.
In that sense, I think that makes him less of a spinmeister.

CubKilla
06-11-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
What about us who hate Marrioti, but are indifferent with JR?

How can you be a fan of the White Sox and be "indifferent" with JR?

SEALgep
06-11-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
Even if you say he doesn't spin, you have to give him credit for attacking JR like no other commentator does in this town. And he attacks him for the things that everyone on this website complains about. Yes, I admit he does spin like every sports columnist.
I think he gives you things from an objective viewpoint. Having been a journalist, I agree that it is pretty low when you have sports columnists or radio hosts not being shy about who they support. Grobber open about being a Cub fan. Even Lou Cannelis about being a Sox fan. You guys are journalists! It would be akin to Tom Brokaw endorsing John Kerrey for President at the end of his newscast.
In that sense, I think that makes him less of a spinmeister. Mariotti is a closet Cubs fan, which I don't see how you can respect over people who readily admit that they do in fact like one team over another, and identify that they do have a bias. He won't do that. And when you leave out facts and other discussions that hurt his argument, that my friend is spinning. And that kind of spinning is dishonest because you're manipulating the story for your own personal agenda. People are cheated of the real facts, which is ridiculous.

bennyw41
06-11-2004, 12:09 PM
In response to Cub Killa's question:(sorry forgot to push quote)


I'll tell you why. I don't want him dead, which many people do. I have a connection to his family, and also have dealt with his colleagues in a certification program. I don't think he is as horrible or evil as most do. I do though think there are somethings that he could do better, I don't like the way certain things are done. So, I guess the bad and the good for me equal out. I am just a realist, and I know he ain't selling anytime soon. He is a business man, and I respect that. I don't respect some of the baseball things he does. In a round bout way, I think that makes me indifferent to the stupity that marrioti fuels.

Hangar18
06-11-2004, 12:11 PM
I dislike Mariotti because he DOESNT write hard-hitting articles
all the time. When faced with a Heavy article on JR's Policies VS Dustys Toothpicks ........... he goes with the FLUFF.
I WISH HE'd tear this organization a new one ..........
I dare him to write one months worth of articles on the JR

CubKilla
06-11-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
I'm not going to make a lot of friends with this but here goes. There seems to be a contradiction on this website with people who bash both JR and Mariotti. But can you name another person in this town who is JR's harshest critic. Who calls him out for being overly concerned with his profit margin.
I find reading Mariotti's column and listening to his show to be somewhat of a catharsis as of late. Why? Because he does not spin.
For example, everyone on this website complains on how JR makes a huge profit on his team and refuses to reinvest.
I could understand this is if people on this website blindly supported JR and said "hey 94 was no big deal" "hey 97, no problem"
When JM attacks attendance issues, its attacked in the context of those two seasons. Not because of Sox fans. Mariotti has gone on record saying Sox fans are better than Cub fans. His 2003 opening day column praised Sox fans for being more knowledable and less tolerant of bad management and ripped Cub fans who are just their for the party.
Anyone on this website who blasts Mariotti and then turns around and whines about JR's frugality is a hypocrite.

The bulk of what Marrioti writes, especially about the Sox, is garbage. But there are those times when Marrioti writes a Sox-based article that I agree with 100% and some here pick the one sentence or phrase or term within the outstanding article and stew upon and pontificate about that one sentence or word or phrase and exclaim, "he had me up till there."

I think the hate for Marrioti is so strong amongst Sox fans that they look for the one thing that is well thought out in a Marrioti article that is anti-Sox and bash based on that.

After all, the only people that can be critical of the White Sox or the Organization are us, the fans.

bennyw41
06-11-2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I WISH HE'd tear this organization a new one ..........
I dare him to write one months worth of articles on the JR

What would that prove? I think its time wasted, even Marrioti knows that. Self-loathing is only cute for a little. I hope that Sox Pride for you isn't hating the organization that you love.

CubKilla
06-11-2004, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
In response to Cub Killa's question:(sorry forgot to push quote)


I'll tell you why. I don't want him dead, which many people do. I have a connection to his family, and also have dealt with his colleagues in a certification program. I don't think he is as horrible or evil as most do. I do though think there are somethings that he could do better, I don't like the way certain things are done. So, I guess the bad and the good for me equal out. I am just a realist, and I know he ain't selling anytime soon. He is a business man, and I respect that. I don't respect some of the baseball things he does. In a round bout way, I think that makes me indifferent to the stupity that marrioti fuels.

I can understand that then. I know a person very close to JR and his family that claimed to me once that JR is one of the kindest and most giving persons he has ever met. It was like a punch to my stomach considering I personally despise the way he has run the White Sox over the last 20+ years. But I can see why you would be "indifferent" after your response. My apologies.

bennyw41
06-11-2004, 12:22 PM
No apology needed. But you're right, I don't think I've heard ONE negative thing about JR's character as far as giving, kindness or management skills. Two things on that:

The only reason why JR is much more vilanized than the Cubs management is because he is singled out as "sole-Owner". If you talk bad about the tribune, its just like bashing a corporate entity, its a lot easier to put a face to an insult, hence the JR bashing.

I think its hard for most people to seperate the business and the sports. Although they run together, they are completly different animals.(Not on a soapbox, just my opinoin.)

TDog
06-11-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
How can you be a fan of the White Sox and be "indifferent" with JR?

How can you be a White Sox fan and revere Bill Veeck? Throughout the 1959 season he was trying to make deals that would have broken up the only post-World War II era Chicago baseball team to go to the World Series. After the season, he pretty much accomplished that. When he owned the Sox in the 1970s, he had trouble making payroll.

I don't hate Bill Veeck. And I don't hate Jerry Reinsdorf. (A few months ago it was fashionable to do so for not signing Colon and Ponson, but now it's other things.) If Reinsdorf sold his interest in the Sox there would be someone else to complain about.

Sox fans focus too much on the ownership. As for columnists who do the same, people got their point a long time ago. The news is that the White Sox are playing exciting baseball.

bennyw41
06-11-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by TDog
How can you be a White Sox fan and revere Bill Veeck? Throughout the 1959 season he was trying to make deals that would have broken up the only post-World War II era Chicago baseball team to go to the World Series. After the season, he pretty much accomplished that. When he owned the Sox in the 1970s, he had trouble making payroll.

I don't hate Bill Veeck. And I don't hate Jerry Reinsdorf. (A few months ago it was fashionable to do so for not signing Colon and Ponson, but now it's other things.) If Reinsdorf sold his interest in the Sox there would be someone else to complain about.

Sox fans focus too much on the ownership. As for columnists who do the same, people got their point a long time ago. The news is that the White Sox are playing exciting baseball.

AMEN!!!!!!!!

jackbrohamer
06-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
Anyone on this website who blasts Mariotti and then turns around and whines about JR's frugality is a hypocrite.

They're both complete jerks, for different reasons. Why do I have to pretend one of them isn't a jerk just because they don't like each other?

rahulsekhar
06-11-2004, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
I'm not going to make a lot of friends with this but here goes. There seems to be a contradiction on this website with people who bash both JR and Mariotti. But can you name another person in this town who is JR's harshest critic. Who calls him out for being overly concerned with his profit margin.
I find reading Mariotti's column and listening to his show to be somewhat of a catharsis as of late. Why? Because he does not spin.
For example, everyone on this website complains on how JR makes a huge profit on his team and refuses to reinvest.
I could understand this is if people on this website blindly supported JR and said "hey 94 was no big deal" "hey 97, no problem"
When JM attacks attendance issues, its attacked in the context of those two seasons. Not because of Sox fans. Mariotti has gone on record saying Sox fans are better than Cub fans. His 2003 opening day column praised Sox fans for being more knowledable and less tolerant of bad management and ripped Cub fans who are just their for the party.
Anyone on this website who blasts Mariotti and then turns around and whines about JR's frugality is a hypocrite.

The problem is that Mariotti doesn't just bash JR - he bashes the entire Sox org, piece by piece. He bashes the neighborhood. He bashes the players. And he never has anything positive to say about anything Sox-related - everything always has a backhanded swipe.

Meanwhile, Chemical Corky & Crew have pretty much a free reign to do what they want and get glorified for it. It wouldn't be so bad, except that he's been given a fairly public and important forum as the main ST columnist. So his constant Sox-bashing and Cub-promoting ends up impacting the way the team is viewed locally and nationally.

If he only bashed JR, that would be OK. But his blind hatred of all things JR bleeds over into everything and that's IMO what pisses most of this board off.

pudge
06-11-2004, 01:37 PM
32nd & Wallace -

My problems with JM are the following:

1) He's a suck up and a bandwagon rider, he wants to say what will be popular with the fans. For example, look at how he "lightly" slapped Prior on the hand in his recent article about the autograph session, comapred to how he bombards Frank Thomas.

2) I personally think JR is a better person than people give him credit for, but JM automatically assumes he's an "evil" owner. That's just poor journalism in my mind, he never seeks the other side of the story.

3) He contradicts himself from one article to the next.

So whether you like JR or not... there's no reason to like JM.

jackbrohamer
06-11-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by pudge
32nd & Wallace -

My problems with JM are the following:

1) He's a suck up and a bandwagon rider, he wants to say what will be popular with the fans. For example, look at how he "lightly" slapped Prior on the hand in his recent article about the autograph session, comapred to how he bombards Frank Thomas.

2) I personally think JR is a better person than people give him credit for, but JM automatically assumes he's an "evil" owner. That's just poor journalism in my mind, he never seeks the other side of the story.

3) He contradicts himself from one article to the next.

So whether you like JR or not... there's no reason to like JM.

He's also a bad writer. Even when he writes something I agree with it is very difficult for me to make it through one of his columns.

nitetrain8601
06-11-2004, 01:55 PM
I'm fine with JR. He did give me my first part-time job. He isn't a bad guy at all. I just can't stand Mariotti. The guy gets annoying after a bit. I could stand some of him and when I think he actually says something smart, he gets stupid on me.

SoxFan76
06-11-2004, 01:57 PM
My mom despises the White Sox, and is a Cub fan. She HATES Mariotti with a passion. I guess he isn't just pissing off Sox fans.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
I'm not going to make a lot of friends with this but here goes. There seems to be a contradiction on this website with people who bash both JR and Mariotti.....

I think you need to go back and reread Marriotti's columns. His hatred for the Sox goes way beyond the owner. I guess you've forgotten who labeled our team the "Smut Sox" after a Sox/Cubs game? He wasn't talking about JR, was he? Didn't think so.

Marriotti takes aim at you and me all the time. There is another columnist in town, far more known and influential, who has privately called Marriotti a windsock. If you think that ******* has any concrete convictions, you couldn't be more mistakened. The only thing you can count on from that idiot's mouth is whatever draws himself the greatest attention and self-glory.

What a pathetic wretch...

Frankfan4life
06-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
The problem is that Mariotti doesn't just bash JR - he bashes the entire Sox org, piece by piece. He bashes the neighborhood. He bashes the players. And he never has anything positive to say about anything Sox-related - everything always has a backhanded swipe.

Meanwhile, Chemical Corky & Crew have pretty much a free reign to do what they want and get glorified for it. It wouldn't be so bad, except that he's been given a fairly public and important forum as the main ST columnist. So his constant Sox-bashing and Cub-promoting ends up impacting the way the team is viewed locally and nationally.

If he only bashed JR, that would be OK. But his blind hatred of all things JR bleeds over into everything and that's IMO what pisses most of this board off.
Thank you for a very insightful post. It pretty much summed up what I wanted to say. I especially liked your "backhanded swipe" reference. It's something I've noticed in all of his columns about the Sox.

pudge
06-11-2004, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
He's also a bad writer. Even when he writes something I agree with it is very difficult for me to make it through one of his columns.

Well, I'd need an example of what you consider good writing. Technically, his writing is actually rather strong. It's structurally clean while also being very lively and entertaining. He's one of the better writing sports columnists in the city, frankly. It's just too bad he spews such vile.

bennyw41
06-11-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Well, I'd need an example of what you consider good writing. Technically, his writing is actually rather strong. It's structurally clean while also being very lively and entertaining. He's one of the better writing sports columnists in the city, frankly. It's just too bad he spews such vile.

I agree. I have only heard complaints about his context, his writing is fine, I don't think he'd have a job if it wasn't, they can pay anyone to have 14 conflicting opinions to write.

Hondo
06-11-2004, 03:21 PM
Mariotti is a cartoon character who knows how to create controversy with what he says.
People in the know like most of us here and most Chicagoans don't take what he says seriously.
The problem I have is his national impact.

He flip flops all the time and has no credibility.

bennyw41
06-11-2004, 03:36 PM
What makes us "in the know"?

Hondo
06-11-2004, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
What makes us "in the know"?

Most of us read Marriotti, see him on "Around the Horn", or hear him on the radio. We know his sthick. instigate the step back and watch the poo fly.
For a casual fan who happens upon a column he writes or sees him on tv will think he actually speaks for Chicago and it's fans.
Living away from Chicago now I know that to be the case.
Blame it on people's willingness to believe anything they read but to an outsider Mariottti's stuff resonates.

JasonC23
06-11-2004, 04:22 PM
Just wanted to mention that this is a thread title I never thought I'd see here.

Carry on.

jackbrohamer
06-11-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Well, I'd need an example of what you consider good writing. Technically, his writing is actually rather strong. It's structurally clean while also being very lively and entertaining. He's one of the better writing sports columnists in the city, frankly. It's just too bad he spews such vile.

Well I can start with his own newspaper. Rick Telander, while I do not often agree with him, is a very good writer. Telander's a thoughtful, effective writer; Mariotti is shrieking reduced to writing

pudge
06-11-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by jackbrohamer
Well I can start with his own newspaper. Rick Telander, while I do not often agree with him, is a very good writer. Telander's a thoughtful, effective writer; Mariotti is shrieking reduced to writing

LOL, I will agree that Mariotti does tend to "shriek" sometimes. I am an alum from the same school as Telander, so I know he has technically solid writing skills, but he's also a painfully dull and dry writer, and worst of all, he tends to make odd statements with no logical support behind them. (Of course Mariotti does that sometimes too...) In the end, it's just a matter of preference... they are very different, but they are both good writers.

nasox
06-11-2004, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Well, I'd need an example of what you consider good writing. Technically, his writing is actually rather strong. It's structurally clean while also being very lively and entertaining. He's one of the better writing sports columnists in the city, frankly. It's just too bad he spews such vile.


Yes, I agree, and while listening to his show the few times I have, he really is quick on his feet and is pretty clever at times. He is good with words and is a pretty inteligent despite some of his views.

TornLabrum
06-12-2004, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by bennyw41
I hate Marrioti for his two-faced, spin control articles. He's the biggest windsock in the world, and even more importantly, he has some beef with JR that isn't public, yet makes it part of his agenda to bash him for sometimes no reason. I would love to find out the real reason behind the hatred of the two, because then we could see what his motives are in his articles, because "finding the truth" isn't one of them.

Moronotti has made his beef with JR public. Several months ago I heard him say that the reason for this feud stems from an incident that happened probably a decade or so ago.

When he first came to town, Moronotti claimed, he wrote something complimentary about Uncle Jer and he received a phone call thanking him, blah, blah, blah....

When it was over, Moronotti said that he appreciated it, but warned him that he might have to write something that he might dislike in the future. He claims that Uncle Jer said that would not be a problem.

However, when such an article was written, iirc, he said thatall contact with the Sox was suddenly cut off with him and he was informed by the Sox that Uncle Jer would no not be speaking with him in the future.

That's the story as best I remember it.

gosox41
06-12-2004, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by pudge
LOL, I will agree that Mariotti does tend to "shriek" sometimes. I am an alum from the same school as Telander, so I know he has technically solid writing skills, but he's also a painfully dull and dry writer, and worst of all, he tends to make odd statements with no logical support behind them. (Of course Mariotti does that sometimes too...) In the end, it's just a matter of preference... they are very different, but they are both good writers.

Maybe Telander should go to the Marriotti school of writing where facts don't matter and personal vandettas do.

That's why Marriotti is bad. He has been factually incorrect more then once. The whole steroid thing in 2003 ebfore the season started sticks out in my mind. Go read what he wrote about the Sox and Frank when the Sox tried to boycott steroid testing.

Also, I'll never forget the column years ago when heblamed JR for the fact that the NCAA basketball tourney was being played in too big of an arena. Come on.


Bob

hose
06-12-2004, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
Anyone on this website who blasts Mariotti and then turns around and whines about JR's frugality is a hypocrite.



GMAB :angry:

Moronotti is a pisant and Jerry can be cheap at times.

GoSox2K3
06-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
I'm not going to make a lot of friends with this but here goes. There seems to be a contradiction on this website with people who bash both JR and Mariotti. But can you name another person in this town who is JR's harshest critic. Who calls him out for being overly concerned with his profit margin.
I find reading Mariotti's column and listening to his show to be somewhat of a catharsis as of late. Why? Because he does not spin.
For example, everyone on this website complains on how JR makes a huge profit on his team and refuses to reinvest.
I could understand this is if people on this website blindly supported JR and said "hey 94 was no big deal" "hey 97, no problem"
When JM attacks attendance issues, its attacked in the context of those two seasons. Not because of Sox fans. Mariotti has gone on record saying Sox fans are better than Cub fans. His 2003 opening day column praised Sox fans for being more knowledable and less tolerant of bad management and ripped Cub fans who are just their for the party.
Anyone on this website who blasts Mariotti and then turns around and whines about JR's frugality is a hypocrite.

Ok Jay, how did you steal 32nd&Wallace's password to post using his account?

:moron
You got me! All I have to say is that USCF is a ballmall in a dangerous neighborhood with steep, empty blue seats!

hose
06-12-2004, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by GoSox2K3
Ok Jay, how did you steal 32nd&Wallace's password to post using his account?

:moron
You got me! All I have to say is that USCF is a ballmall in a dangerous neighborhood with steep, empty blue seats!


LOL I thought the same thing!!

32nd&Wallace
06-12-2004, 11:08 AM
Okay, you guys have a point. I guess I should have entitled the thread "I dont understand the Mariotti bashing"

hose
06-12-2004, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by 32nd&Wallace
Okay, you guys have a point. I guess I should have entitled the thread "I dont understand the Mariotti bashing"


I take it Hangar hasn't made it to your neighborhood bar yet? :D:

As St. Paul the Apostle traveled to Italy and Greece to spread the word , Hangar is also on a mission to set the record straight.


Hangar/Wilkes in 2004

32nd&Wallace
06-12-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by hose
I take it Hangar hasn't made it to your neighborhood bar yet? :D:

As St. Paul the Apostle traveled to Italy and Greece to spread the word , Hangar is also on a mission to set the record straight.


Hangar/Wilkes in 2004
I dont understand this one...My neighborhood bar?

pudge
06-12-2004, 04:22 PM
Originally posted by gosox41
Maybe Telander should go to the Marriotti school of writing where facts don't matter and personal vandettas do.

Bob

Well again, I have to clarify that I'm separating actual writing skill from the content that he's writing about. Believe me, 95% of the time I despise his content. I just don't think someone can jump up and say he's a "bad writer" when in reality he is actually a skilled writer, even more so than Telander, IMO.

Now if you want to call him a bad journalist, or a bad reporter, I wouldn't argue. ;)

gosox41
06-12-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by pudge
Well again, I have to clarify that I'm separating actual writing skill from the content that he's writing about. Believe me, 95% of the time I despise his content. I just don't think someone can jump up and say he's a "bad writer" when in reality he is actually a skilled writer, even more so than Telander, IMO.

Now if you want to call him a bad journalist, or a bad reporter, I wouldn't argue. ;)


I kind of encompassed all them in one. So he is a bad journalist and reporter then.


Bob

SOXSINCE'70
06-13-2004, 05:24 PM
Dave Wills has a good description of people like Scumbagotti: "DRILLRODS".This loser isn't happy unless he's giving pleasure to the sCrUBS and bashing the Sox.IMO,he is one of the main reasons the media in this city is so slanted.I've been a fan for 34 years.I've heard it all before:"The Sox are too cheap to sign Maggs,they're too cheap to do this or that,Reinsdorf Sucks",blah,blah,blah.
I don't need an east coast know it all to tell me what's wrong with the team.
I know Reinsdorf's a jackal.Memo to the reason I can't listen to 'MVP between
9-11 every weekday:Stand in line,loser.The only thing you're positive about is the Sox suck.Go away.Go far,far away.And don't bother coming back!:angry: :angry:

AMestan
06-13-2004, 10:25 PM
Sorry 32nd..

I've lived here all 42 years of my life. I've read the sports page in both newspapers since I was in grammar school. Mariotti is the biggest joke in all facets of the media. He's the type of guy who talks a good game and is a chicken **** when push comes to shove. Everything he writes about is spin and controversy. He has no substance. I would really like to know if Jay ever played any organized sport in High School or College. I know he couldn't play in the playground or alley because no one would put up with his ****. I really like how Jay-off, Telender, and Slezak tell us what Chicagoans should or shouldn't do. They wouldn't know what a Chicagoan or a Sox fan looked like if lightning stuck them and all of a sudden they got a clue. If Jay-off grew up on 32nd and Wallace I doubt he would become a writer, he would probaly join the peace corps to get away from the neighborhood or Chicago for that matter, beacuse of all the times he would've gotten punched for shooting off his mouth. Jay-off and Telander should stick with the Wrigley love and stop writing about the Sox or Chicago for that matter. I think I care more about France (we should have given Stalin France after WWII) then Jay-off knows about the Sox, Chicago, baseball or sports in general.

Now you know my thoughts on Jay-off.

Take Care..