PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Billy Koch ....... for nothing

Hangar18
06-11-2004, 09:32 AM
Just wanted to let you know youve been a Hindrance to this
team since you got here. I pray for your release.

Randar68
06-11-2004, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18

Great, another day, another "I hate Koch" thread.

Hangar, why not start another KW Sucks/Captain Chaos thread?

I don't think we've had enough of either lately. It's awfully early in the morning to be drinking already, don't you think?

jackbrohamer
06-11-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by Randar68
It's awfully early in the morning to be drinking already, don't you think?

It's noon somewhere

Hangar18
06-11-2004, 09:38 AM

I don't think we've had enough of either lately. It's awfully early in the morning to be drinking already, don't you think?

well, my thread was more CREATIVE, says THANK YOU to him.
Im frustrated seeing we arent in 1st place when we should be up 5 games at least.

HebrewHammer
06-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Im frustrated seeing we arent in 1st place when we should be up 5 games at least.

Did you mean to put creative in teal?

thepaulbowski
06-11-2004, 09:45 AM
It's awfully early in the morning to be drinking already, don't you think?

If you are going to drink all day, you have to start early. :D:

Hangar18
06-11-2004, 09:50 AM
did I mention how much I dislike him? and Reinsdorf for letting his Policies for letting a guy like him come here?

ma_deuce
06-11-2004, 09:52 AM

We could never say enough about how much Koch sucks.

Deuce

Randar68
06-11-2004, 09:58 AM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=376818

Irishsox1
06-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Billy's blown saves in Oakland and Seattle now feel even bigger since the Sox just slipped into second place. Yes, it's a long season, but giving away games in June will come back to bite you in the ass come September. As for the anger I felt this morning when I saw that the Twins were back in first place, I to said "Thank you Billy Koch....you jerk!!"

Randar68
06-11-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by Irishsox1
Billy's blown saves in Oakland and Seattle now feel even bigger since the Sox just slipped into second place. Yes, it's a long season, but giving away games in June will come back to bite you in the ass come September. As for the anger I felt this morning when I saw that the Twins were back in first place, I to said "Thank you Billy Koch....you jerk!!"

:prozac

For Christ's sake, it's June 11th. *****, people...

CubKilla
06-11-2004, 10:26 AM

I'll drink to that!

:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

CubKilla
06-11-2004, 10:27 AM

If we lose this Division by one game I'm bringing this thread back up in October :)

Randar68
06-11-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by CubKilla
If we lose this Division by one game I'm bringing this thread back up in October :)

If we lose the division by 1 game, there will about 70 different events that caused it, not 1 or 2.

Perspective. Like common sense, it doesn't seem to be real common.

fhqwhgads
06-11-2004, 10:30 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=376818

Oh, come on! Hangar doesn't ever run topics into the ground! *cough*Twinsddidn'ttakePrior*cough*
:)

SSN721
06-11-2004, 11:21 AM
If we lose the division by 1 game, there will about 70 different events that caused it, not 1 or 2.

Absolutely, its easy to focus on the one player we all hate and forget when lots of other players on the team have come up short. I think there would be far more then 70 examples of how we could say we could have one that one game that we lost the division by if it comes to that in the end of the year. You might as well start a "Thank you White Sox.....for nothing" thread. Every player on this team will have ups and downs, some more than others obviously. But you could already think of tons of instances how we could be up a few games as opposed to half a game back right now, all of which dont involve Billy Koch.

Randar68
06-11-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
Absolutely, its easy to focus on the one player we all hate and forget when lots of other players on the team have come up short. I think there would be far more then 70 examples of how we could say we could have one that one game that we lost the division by if it comes to that in the end of the year. You might as well start a "Thank you White Sox.....for nothing" thread. Every player on this team will have ups and downs, some more than others obviously. But you could already think of tons of instances how we could be up a few games as opposed to half a game back right now, all of which dont involve Billy Koch.

Hell, the 2 balls Aaron Rowand misplayed in RF in the Oakland series may have cost them 1-game each, but do we have to start ANOTHER freaking thread to go over it?

Good Lord.

steff
06-11-2004, 11:43 AM
did I mention how much I dislike him? and Reinsdorf for letting his Policies for letting a guy like him come here?

If you want to lay blame Henry.. lay it on Kenny - who spent mucho time stroking JR to give up the cash to Billy.

SEALgep
06-11-2004, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by steff
If you want to lay blame Henry.. lay it on Kenny - who spent mucho time stroking JR to give up the cash to Billy. We've spent enough time trying to blame KW for everything as well.

mdep524
06-11-2004, 12:18 PM
OK, here is my point on Koch (since this seems to be the Koch thread du joir, I'll post it here.)

Ozzie recently said that once Koch "gets back in the groove" he'll get the closer spot back again, pretty much unconditionally.

WHY DOES BILLY KOCH NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE THE CLOSER OF THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX??

WHY???

If someone else comes in and does a decent job, why does Koch need to have some kind of inherent inside track to "deserve" the closer's role? Even if he does get this stuff in order (which I don't think is even remotely likely, though fools gold will be found by many fans of Koch), if someone else (Takatsu?) has been getting the job done and the team is winning, why does the job necessarily have to go back to Koch?

IMO, Koch should NOT get the closers job back under ANY condition- unless every other reliever falls completely on his face and Koch shows some kind of real change (not just that he has the same stuff but his numbers have looked better for some small sample size).

If he can get batters out, anyone can come in and pitch the ninth inning. It really burns me up that there id this feeling in the Sox organization that Billy Koch must return to that role at some point in the season. :angry:

mdep524
06-11-2004, 12:20 PM
BTW, here is the quote I am talking about, from the Sun Times:

"When Koch gets back on track he's going to be in the closing role, but right now we're going to go with anyone.'' -Ozzie.

kittle42
06-11-2004, 01:04 PM

65-68 of those events will involve Billy Koch. :smile:

gosox41
06-11-2004, 01:12 PM

True, there could be lots of reasons the team doesn't win. But I'm a firm believer in putting your best players oout there and letting them determine the outcome then deflect blame off a clearly inferior guy who just sucks.

Can you say for certain that Marte is not a better pitcher then Koch the last 2 seasons?

Bob

JasonC23
06-11-2004, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by mdep524
OK, here is my point on Koch (since this seems to be the Koch thread du joir, I'll post it here.)

Ozzie recently said that once Koch "gets back in the groove" he'll get the closer spot back again, pretty much unconditionally.

WHY DOES BILLY KOCH NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE THE CLOSER OF THE CHICAGO WHITE SOX??

WHY???

$$$$$$$$$$$$

ma-gaga
06-11-2004, 02:46 PM
"When Koch gets back on track he's going to be in the closing role, but right now we're going to go with anyone.'' -Ozzie.

I read this, and they are going to jerk Koch around aren't they? They are going to destroy his timing, confidence and what little effectiveness the guy has.

Koch is terrible, the W.Sox would be a better team if they cut him. But if they expect him to be sharp once every 6 games, they are going to be even worse than if they keep throwing him out there every third game.

He's usable, but I don't know if KW has the patience to use him correctly. ugh. Bad situation.

:gulp:

Mohoney
06-11-2004, 03:03 PM

Exactly. It's not our fault that the Mets are allowed to impersonate a Major League Baseball team and go to the Twinkie Dome and get swept. Any decent team should leave that place with a victory in a three game series. If the Devil Rays can take 3 of 4 up there, and make Minnesota look just plain bad in doing so, then there is no excuse for the Mets other than that they just plain suck.

I blame the Mets' inability to win even one game in the Dome for our fall from 1st place. I would also like to point out that things like this have a way of evening out over the course of 162 games. We will sweep somebody at home sometime this year and make this half-game up. We will win on a day when the Twins are idle and make this half-game up.

It will all come down to what we do against them head-to-head.

TaylorStSox
06-11-2004, 03:57 PM
I'm just waiting for Lip to chime in with the same ol crap too. These things have been discussed numerous times.

Why not just put "I hate JR. I hate Billy Koch. I really don't care about the Sox. I want to be a noncomformist." in your sig's and stop wasting time typing it daily?

mcfish
06-11-2004, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by Mohoney
Exactly. It's not our fault that the Mets are allowed to impersonate a Major League Baseball team and go to the Twinkie Dome and get swept. Any decent team should leave that place with a victory in a three game series. If the Devil Rays can take 3 of 4 up there, and make Minnesota look just plain bad in doing so, then there is no excuse for the Mets other than that they just plain suck.

I blame the Mets' inability to win even one game in the Dome for our fall from 1st place. I would also like to point out that things like this have a way of evening out over the course of 162 games. We will sweep somebody at home sometime this year and make this half-game up. We will win on a day when the Twins are idle and make this half-game up.

It will all come down to what we do against them head-to-head.

I believe that between 9-16-03 and 9-18-03 a decent team know as the Chicago White Sox went to the Twinkee Dome and got swept in a three game series. It can happen, the twins are a good team.

About Koch, I think he's been terrible this season, but he only has only been a part of 2 losses and only got the loss 1 time. Adkins lost the game in Oakland. His only other blown save, we won the game. I don't think Billy should be closer, but I don't think we would have won another 6 games without him either.

jabrch
06-11-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by TaylorStSox
I'm just waiting for Lip to chime in with the same ol crap too. These things have been discussed numerous times.

Why not just put "I hate JR. I hate Billy Koch. I really don't care about the Sox. I want to be a noncomformist." in your sig's and stop wasting time typing it daily?

LOL - nice dig!

Mohoney
06-12-2004, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by mcfish
I believe that between 9-16-03 and 9-18-03 a decent team know as the Chicago White Sox went to the Twinkee Dome and got swept in a three game series. It can happen, the twins are a good team.

About Koch, I think he's been terrible this season, but he only has only been a part of 2 losses and only got the loss 1 time. Adkins lost the game in Oakland. His only other blown save, we won the game. I don't think Billy should be closer, but I don't think we would have won another 6 games without him either.

But, Art Howe >>> Jerry Manuel.