PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 6.11.04

Hangar18
06-11-2004, 10:20 AM
FOR NOT PLAYING a game, the SOX outdo the cubs in the SunTimes ......... a 1st!!! however, the Trib avalanches the sox today to make the point moot. CUbs hit the 900 mark.
Richard Roeper did an article the other day remarking on all the Buffoons at Wrigley on their phones. pretty funny. (I watched the flubs the other day with my cousin and asked him if he knew how to play the CellPhone gm? he was confused, I said count the number of cubfans on their phones behind home plate, he got mad, about 15) Added Roepers story from the other day

Cubune:
8 cub
2 sox
Cub-Times:
3 cub
5 sox

Standings since SPringTraining as cubs take 300 story lead .....

CUBS 902
SOX 604

Hangar18
06-11-2004, 10:26 AM
Eric Zorns article today ....... Remarks on the crudeness of
cub fans. I like

itsnotrequired
06-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Tribune gets some points as well for their article on the Wrigley shooting. They don't call it a "Lakeview shooting" and actually say it was outside Wrigley Field.

Zorn article was hott. I like how he says something to his son after the game about cursing and then follows with this line:

"You may send my Father of the Year trophy to Tribune Tower, 60611"

Hilarious.

Hangar18
06-11-2004, 10:36 AM
Also.........the score, unbelievably, actually devoted 45 minutes
to whitesox talk. Good honest discussion and not fluff.

daveeym
06-11-2004, 11:30 AM
I think the media is realizing the cubs are in a world of hurt and may be old news in a month.

Maximo
06-11-2004, 11:36 AM
Hanger:

Start checking the obituaries of the newspapers and see if the Cubs are listed.

When that day comes......will you count it as a Cubs article?

CHISOXFAN13
06-11-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Also.........the score, unbelievably, actually devoted 45 minutes
to whitesox talk. Good honest discussion and not fluff.

Amazing what happens when Mulligan is on the air!

maurice
06-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by itsnotrequired
Tribune gets some points as well for their article on the Wrigley shooting. They don't call it a "Lakeview shooting" and actually say it was outside Wrigley Field.

But its on page 3 of the Metro section. If it happened in front of the Cell, it would be first page of the Sports section . . . if not first page of the main news section.

Also, the article erroneously claims that the victim struck the driver of the vehicle with a souvenir baseball bat, a claim the police discredited the day of the shooting.

It appears that the Cubune accidentally linked the story in the cubbie headlines section of chicagosports.com.