PDA

View Full Version : Article on Mr. Zero

Philo-Sox-er
06-11-2004, 08:35 AM
Here's a link to an mlb.com article arguing for using Takatsu as our closer:

http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/news/mlb_perspectives.jsp?ymd=20040610&content_id=767700&vkey=perspectives&fext=.jsp

BigEdWalsh
06-11-2004, 09:50 AM
Far out!! Not only an article about Mr. Zero, but someone besides us basically saying, "White Sox, WAKE UP!! Shingo should be closing games!"

:army

DaveIsHere
06-11-2004, 10:11 AM
You know tha the team will be too stubborn to make him the closer becaus eof the money the pay Billy, i really hope that this doesnt become the reason we dont make the playoffs

eurotrash35
06-11-2004, 10:28 AM
I agree 100% with that article. I've been a big Ozzie supporter so far but that article makes him look like a moron. If those quotes are true they're probably the stupidest things I've heard come out of his mouth since he's been manager. I guess they could probably have been taken out of context though, but I do hope that Ozzie gives Shingo a shot.

SSN721
06-11-2004, 12:32 PM
I don't think Ozzies comments were that bad or ridiculous. I think he has shown that he is just cautious, I cant really blame him after he has seen how volatile the closer situation is here. I want to see Takatsu given a shot very badly, I think he can do it. But being Guillens first year and how fickle or pen can be I can understand his hesitation to really rock the boat. I think he will end up making the move very soon though to give Shingo his shot at closing.

eurotrash35
06-11-2004, 12:39 PM
It just looks really stupid when you're making comments like "well I don't know if Shingo will be successful as a closer" while continuing to put in a guy you KNOW is not getting the job done.