PDA

View Full Version : Rain, rain go away...

HebrewHammer
06-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Is it just me or has there been a rain cloud following the team around this season? I also find it odd that there is a window in between storms for the sCrUBS to get their game in, but the Sox game will likely be delayed, sounds like a Chicago media conspiracy to me.

steff
06-10-2004, 04:26 PM
Should be ok tonight..

bobj4400
06-10-2004, 04:36 PM
looking at this radar, it doesnt look to promising...

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/60647?lswe=60647&lwsa=WeatherLocalUndeclared

steff
06-10-2004, 04:43 PM
If it stays doing what it's doing now, they'll play. It'll be a messy one though.

npdempse
06-10-2004, 04:50 PM
NWS is forecasting HEAVY rains tonight, with near 100% chances from about 6pm onward. I'm not going to go, spend money on beer and ballpark food, sit around in the drizzle for two hours before they decide they've gotten enough of our concession and parking money and call the game, like I've done twice already this season.

HINT to those who do take their chances--when they start flashing birthday messages, take a hike, the game's called.

Lip Man 1
06-10-2004, 05:06 PM
Look at the positive if the game is rained out tonight.

The Sox skip an automatic loss Saturday since they won't be using the '5th starter of the week'.

:smile:

Lip

delben91
06-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

The Sox skip an automatic loss Saturday since they won't be using the '5th starter of the week'.

Lip

Sounds like a good title for the next "great" pop song.

jabrch
06-10-2004, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1

Lip

And that, I think, is why the team called the game so quickly. IIRC, the game is in the home team's hands up until the first pitch - then it is in the hands of the umps. I imagine Ozzy was thrilled to have this game called to avoid Munoz or whomever would have started.

Hokiesox
06-10-2004, 11:39 PM
How are they going to make up the interleague matchup?

batmanZoSo
06-10-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Hokiesox
How are they going to make up the interleague matchup?

I don't think they will unless it can decide the final standings. That would be weird to head to Philadelphia for one day in October to try and clinch the division.

serena
06-11-2004, 12:43 AM
They were saying that it might be made up on August 2, which is currently a travel/off day for both teams.

StockdaleForVeep
06-11-2004, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I don't think they will unless it can decide the final standings. That would be weird to head to Philadelphia for one day in October to try and clinch the division.

Why would we head to philly, wouldnt the game be made up here? Unless your proverbally meaning "head to philly" and not literally. Plus this game would have to occur cuz with the nl east bein what it is and the wildcard, could be a very crucial game for the phillies.

jabrch
06-11-2004, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by serena
They were saying that it might be made up on August 2, which is currently a travel/off day for both teams.

Philly is going to be here to play the Cubs Aug 1 and is off on Aug 2. We happen to have an off day on Aug 2 (but we will be between serieses @ Det and @ KC. We could easily come home to play that 1 game, should it matter.

Brian26
06-11-2004, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by steff
Should be ok tonight..

Thank God I didn't listen to your advice! :D: I stayed dry last night and caught up on some bills and paperwork.