PDA

View Full Version : Tonight a must win

IA_soxfan
06-10-2004, 01:34 PM
A loss tonight would mean three series losses in a row. The sox need to step up and stop this slide before it gets out of hand. Furthermore, Kenny needs to solve the fifth starter problem ASAP. The black hole that is our last spot in the rotation is keeping this team from getting on any kind of a roll. Anybody else feel this way?

bobj4400
06-10-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by IA_soxfan
A loss tonight would mean three series losses in a row. The sox need to step up and stop this slide before it gets out of hand. Furthermore, Kenny needs to solve the fifth starter problem ASAP. The black hole that is our last spot in the rotation is keeping this team from getting on any kind of a roll. Anybody else feel this way?

Amen. Though I do think we need to be careful when dealing for a 5th starter. GM's know they have KW over a barrell and will want to fleece him...

HomeFish
06-10-2004, 01:40 PM
Tonight's game might not even be played. Heavy rain expected.

fledgedrallycap
06-10-2004, 01:44 PM
A must win, no. However getting out of this funk would be nice, especially since we're defending our home turf.

kittle42
06-10-2004, 02:15 PM
As frequently heard on Iron Chef:

"A win would be nice."

Brian26
06-10-2004, 02:16 PM
A win would be very nice.

Lip Man 1
06-10-2004, 02:17 PM
The Sox have dropped six of their last nine and dropped 2 1/2 games in the standings to the Twins. Yes they really need a win.

Lip

SSN721
06-10-2004, 02:28 PM
I think the phrase "must-win" is tossed around too much around here . But I would say this game is pretty important. Hate to see us lose three series in a row and be one loss short of a losing streak. It would ba good win, one that we would need. I guess you can say it might be a must win, but I just hate to put that moniker on games right now. But I guess it is as important as a series win in september. The nice thing about this team is most of the time they come through and win in situations like this.

Frater Perdurabo
06-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by HomeFish
Tonight's game might not even be played. Heavy rain expected.

This actually might be a good thing. It would rest the bullpen going into the series with Atlanta. It also would push back the "fifth starter" spot on Saturday. I know the Sox have had lots of off days in the past few weeks, but after the last two games, the pitchers need all the breaks they can get.

fledgedrallycap
06-10-2004, 03:03 PM
Does anyone else believe that Philly is our National League cousin in terms of the team they field?

They are very similiar in that when healthy, they have a nice starting rotation; nobody great, but solid 1-4.

Have some speed at the top of the order and a nice line-up all the way through that produces runs and hits for power.

It also appears they have a nice bullpen, especially with a Wagner closing things out.

lowesox
06-10-2004, 03:05 PM
Great thread. Tonight's game is going to be very important -- if it's played. Not quite a 'must-win' but crucial none the less.

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by Frater Perdurabo
This actually might be a good thing. It would rest the bullpen going into the series with Atlanta. It also would push back the "fifth starter" spot on Saturday. I know the Sox have had lots of off days in the past few weeks, but after the last two games, the pitchers need all the breaks they can get.

Yeah then when we get to make it up in Sept with both teams fighting for a playoff spot.