PDA

View Full Version : Sox best team in baseball?

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 12:53 PM
http://www.hardballtimes.com/main/teampages/alteamgraphs/

The Sox are above the .600 winning percentage line, have the lowest avg of Runs allowed per game and third highest runs scored per game. But once again the Sox are suffering from "bad luck" as they are under preforming the expected record form runs scored vs runs allowed. This has happen to the Sox the past three years, while the Twins have out preformed theirs.

RustyKuntz
06-10-2004, 01:03 PM
The only stat that matters is wins.

So my answer is no.

Hondo
06-10-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

The Sox are above the .600 winning percentage line, have the lowest avg of Runs allowed per game and third highest runs scored per game. But once again the Sox are suffering from "bad luck" as they are under preforming the expected record form runs scored vs runs allowed. This has happen to the Sox the past three years, while the Twins have out preformed theirs.

They're winning at a .554 clip not over .600

It's the Yankees as of right now.

pudge
06-10-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Hondo

But the Yankees have too many stars that won't mesh and a questionable pitching staff. Riiiiiiight.

SOXintheBURGH
06-10-2004, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by pudge

But the Yankees have too many stars that won't mesh and a questionable pitching staff. Riiiiiiight.

But everyone on tv told me the Cubs and Red Sox were playing in the World Series this year!!! :?:

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by Hondo
They're winning at a .554 clip not over .600

Did you look at the graph? It say the Sox should be over .600 based on runs scored vs runs allowed.

Hondo
06-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Did you look at the graph? It say the Sox should be over .600 based on runs scored vs runs allowed.

Are there any graphs showing I should be making a million dollars a year to give to my boss??

samram
06-10-2004, 02:15 PM

Thanks for the link. Very interesting stuff. I think one thing we can see this year is that the pitching (except for the last two nights and a few others) has been consistent, while the offense is bipolar. There's a lot of 10-1, 12-2 wins and a lot of 3-2, 4-2 losses. Although, the Sox are still 13-6 in one run games. It seems they have all the bases covered, so to speak, and still are underperforming. How do the Twins do this every year?

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by samram
How do the Twins do this every year?

That is an interesting question to look at, not sure if some one has yet. Might be park factor since the Twins usually have one of the better home records.

minastirith67
06-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by RustyKuntz
The only stat that matters is wins.

So my answer is no.

Dude, scandalous sn. I'm surprised the mods haven't cracked down on you.

South Side
06-10-2004, 02:32 PM
We need a good long winning streak to get this team going.

IA_soxfan
06-10-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by minastirith67
Dude, scandalous sn. I'm surprised the mods haven't cracked down on you.

I know a guy whose last name is Kuntz. The vulgar form of the word is spelled with a "C".