PDA

View Full Version : Maggs breaks off contract talks

Harris=God
06-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Sorry if this was already posted, but according to ESPN's Jayson Stark Maggs has just broken off contract talks with the Sox. Is this true?

Link
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=1818887

MRKARNO
06-10-2004, 11:41 AM
Stark is assuming what he read in the New York Papers is true I would assume. Don't be too sure of this.

DaveIsHere
06-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
Stark is assuming what he read in the New York Papers is true I would assume. Don't be too sure of this.

No worries that article is dated 5/26

Mickster
06-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Stark's article is dated 5/26/04. This is old news. Maggs has denied the NY article as a total lie....

Lip Man 1
06-10-2004, 11:48 AM
Jayson Stark in his latest column on ESPN.com starts it off by stating that Magglio Ordonez has broken off contract negotiations with the White Sox until after the season.

He says it very clearly without any room for misunderstanding.

I haven't seen one word of this in any Chicago newspapers but I'm just passing it along.

If true...I think that just about guarantees that he will not be with the club next season.

Just FYI.

Lip

Win1ForMe
06-10-2004, 11:55 AM
The date of that article is wrong, it was just posted to the front page of the ESPN website. If you read the entire thing, all the info is current.

Iwritecode
06-10-2004, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
Jayson Stark in his latest column on ESPN.com starts it off by stating that Magglio Ordonez has broken off contract negotiations with the White Sox until after the season.

He says it very clearly without any room for misunderstanding.

I haven't seen one word of this in any Chicago newspapers but I'm just passing it along.

If true...I think that just about guarantees that he will not be with the club next season.

Just FYI.

Lip

There is already another thread about this roaming around here somewhere. Stark's article is dated 5/26 and he's using the NY Post as his source...

Win1ForMe
06-10-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
There is already another thread about this roaming around here somewhere. Stark's article is dated 5/26 and he's using the NY Post as his source...

That date is wrong.

Iwritecode
06-10-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
That date is wrong.

I'll believe it when I see it reported by a reputable source. ESPN is notorious for getting things wrong...

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Harris=God
Sorry if this was already posted, but according to ESPN's Jayson Stark Maggs has just broken off contract talks with the Sox. Is this true?

Link
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=stark_jayson&id=1818887

How can anyone other than magglio report anythin when kw has a confidentiality agreement with him.

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2004, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
I'll believe it when I see it reported by a reputable source. ESPN is notorious for getting things wrong...

How can anythin be reported when magglios agents and kw have a confidentiality agreement.

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
How can anythin be reported when magglios agents and kw have a confidentiality agreement.

Leaks happen.

South Side
06-10-2004, 01:31 PM
I am not going to believe anything about Maggs' situation until I read it on whitesox.com.

DaveIsHere
06-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Win1ForMe
The date of that article is wrong, it was just posted to the front page of the ESPN website. If you read the entire thing, all the info is current.

THe mags stuff is old the other stuff was just updated

Hangar18
06-10-2004, 01:41 PM
I dont believe it for a minute. He did tell Bruce LeVineline
that he wanted to stay in CHICAGO. As a White Sox.

Hangar18
06-10-2004, 01:46 PM
ESPN ........... the SAME website that posted and Re-Titled Mike Kileys Yellow-piece-of-crap Article about Jack McDowell?
I dont believe anything they write either. Id check the
Pravda website first if anything ............

Brian26
06-10-2004, 02:19 PM
I just don't understand how Stark or any other national guy so removed from the situation could have a serious scoop on something that would slip beneath the noses of every other beat writer and reporter in the city. I don't believe a word he writes.

rahulsekhar
06-10-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I just don't understand how Stark or any other national guy so removed from the situation could have a serious scoop on something that would slip beneath the noses of every other beat writer and reporter in the city. I don't believe a word he writes.

Not to worry, I'm sure Mariotti will jump on this and validate it for the out of town media. Not that he'll actually talk to anyone involved in the negotiations or anything......the acoustics inside Sham-Me's colon make it tough to actually do any investigative reporting.