PDA

View Full Version : 2004 Bitch List

jabrch
06-10-2004, 10:23 AM
Lets leave out the media, the scrubs, the park, etc. and focus on the team and on management

1) JR is cheap
2) KW is dumb
3) KW is bad at big trades
4) KW gets players who's performance "varies" too much
5) Ozzie is dumb
6) Ozzie is a bad manager
7) Frank hates Ozzie
8) Ozzie hates Frank
9) KW wants to run Frank out of town
10) Ozzie is going to make Frank and Magglio bunt
11) Small ball will kill this team when we try to be Marlinesque
12) Lee is terrible
13) Konerko is terrible
14) Koch is terrible
15) Frank won't hit .300 ever again
16) Harris sucks
17) Rowand sucks
18) Uribe sucks
19) Uribe is a streaky hitter - it won't last
20) Valentin sucks
21) Crede sucks
22) Buehrle doesn't strike out enough hitters
23) Reed/Borch - not Burke
24) We hit too many HRs
25) We don't get on base enough
26) Takatsu sucks - what's with the 82mph fastball?
27) 5th starters all suck
28) Rauch, in particular, sucks more than the rest for being a dope
29) KW is a bad GM
30) Frank should be playing 1B
31) Mike Jackson sucks
32) Colon, Foulke, Durham, etc. etc. etc. should all still be here

what else am I missing?

skottyj242
06-10-2004, 10:28 AM
What the hell does all this mean?

raul12
06-10-2004, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by jabrch
Lets leave out the media, the scrubs, the park, etc. and focus on the team and on management

1) JR is cheap
2) KW is dumb
3) KW is bad at big trades
4) KW gets players who's performance "varies" too much
5) Ozzie is dumb
6) Ozzie is a bad manager
7) Frank hates Ozzie
8) Ozzie hates Frank
9) KW wants to run Frank out of town
10) Ozzie is going to make Frank and Magglio bunt
11) Small ball will kill this team when we try to be Marlinesque
12) Lee is terrible
13) Konerko is terrible
14) Koch is terrible
15) Frank won't hit .300 ever again
16) Harris sucks
17) Rowand sucks
18) Uribe sucks
19) Uribe is a streaky hitter - it won't last
20) Valentin sucks
21) Crede sucks
22) Buehrle doesn't strike out enough hitters
23) Reed/Borch - not Burke
24) We hit too many HRs
25) We don't get on base enough
26) Takatsu sucks - what's with the 82mph fastball?
27) 5th starters all suck
28) Rauch, in particular, sucks more than the rest for being a dope
29) KW is a bad GM
30) Frank should be playing 1B
31) Mike Jackson sucks
32) Colon, Foulke, Durham, etc. etc. etc. should all still be here

what else am I missing?

you forgot kip wells, josh fogg, sean lowe, cameron, bradford, and miles should still be here.

I hope this list is supposed to be sarcastic to encompass all the "sky is falling" loonies.

HomerCoach
06-10-2004, 10:32 AM
:threadsucks

jabrch
06-10-2004, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by raul12
you forgot kip wells, josh fogg, sean lowe, cameron, bradford, and miles should still be here.

I hope this list is supposed to be sarcastic to encompass all the "sky is falling" loonies.

DING DING DING

We have a first place team that is very well built to win both in the regular season and in playoff serieses. We have some salary room to manuever, and we have a fairly deep farm to trade from. Yet despite that - the bitching goes on and on and on. It's always something negative. I love hanging out here - but sometimes the negativity amazes me. The team has never been BAD since I joined here last year. I can't imagine if we had a sub-.500 team that had no chance to compete. Between the arm-chair GMs and the chronic bitchers, I can only imagine if we were 10 games out how this place would look.

DaveIsHere
06-10-2004, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by HomerCoach

yep it has been confirmed

skottyj242
06-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Worst thread ever.

MRKARNO
06-10-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by skottyj242
Worst thread ever.

Well I thought it was quite funny.

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 11:12 AM
What is funny is many of the bitches contradict each other, ie We hit too many HR is up there, and so is We play too much small ball.

ndgt10
06-10-2004, 11:39 AM
I thought this thread was very humorous. However, any negatively always gets the overused "This thread sucks" icon.

SSN721
06-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
What is funny is many of the bitches contradict each other, ie We hit too many HR is up there, and so is We play too much small ball.

I think it is funny as well, just goes to show how goofy some of the criticism can be on here, whether justified or not. I find it is amusing when you list out all those which have all been themes to many threads posted here and how much the negativity contradicts itself. Pretty much showing some here will never be happy with this team. Very funny. :smile:

jackbrohamer
06-10-2004, 11:43 AM
I don't understand the point of the thread. There are fan sites where fans don't complain about their team? If there are, why on earth would anyone look at them?

Iwritecode
06-10-2004, 11:44 AM
Between the arm-chair GMs and the chronic bitchers, I can only imagine if we were 10 games out how this place would look.

It would be dead. If we had a team like the Brewers the past 5 years or so, this place probably wouldn't exist at all...

I can see the point jabrch is trying to make but it's a well-known fact that a lot of Sox fans are pessimistic. 80+ years of being good but not quite "good enough" will do that to a person.

Especially when you don't believe in curses, and don't embrace losing and wear it like a badge of honor.

That said, I still think there are plenty of Sox fans out there that realize not every game is the end of the world and that there are probably going to be at least 60 of them every year...

DaveIsHere
06-10-2004, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by ndgt10
I thought this thread was very humorous. However, any negatively always gets the overused "This thread sucks" icon.

Sorry we need a teal this thread sux sign

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
I think it is funny as well, just goes to show how goofy some of the criticism can be on here, whether justified or not. I find it is amusing when you list out all those which have all been themes to many threads posted here and how much the negativity contradicts itself. Pretty much showing some here will never be happy with this team. Very funny. :smile:

Yeah, I think it shows there is debate and disagreement over "the rules" of baseball here. Like the question what is better smallball or Earl Weaver three run homer? So people say one thing and those who disagree say another. I find it funny that both sides get labeled as bitching.

jabrch
06-10-2004, 12:04 PM
The reason for the thread - and what I felt was most funny about it - was that we hear so many complaints about what WILL HAPPEN that never happens and about what HAPPENED that ends up not HAPPENING regularly in the future. Look at that list. All the Ozzie bitching was crap. All the KW bitching has been complete crap. All the Offensive bitching (too much or too few HRs, walks, hits, etc) have been crap. As far as the individual player gripes - most of them proved to be crap too. Sure - Koch sucks. But past that there aren't too many guys on this team that really suck. Rowand won't win a GG - that's true - but he doesn't suck. He is a fine 4th/5th OF and is serving fine as a replacement while Magglio is hurt. The Frank Thomas stuff - non-sense. Carlos and PK slumped early - but had we shot them and fed them to the wolves as suggested, where would we be?

I am not a pollyanna. I don't want everyone to be happy and all posts to be positive. But my only point was that there is a ridiculous amount of junk out there right now considering this is a first place team right now and a team that has not finished below 3rd place since 1989 - the year before Frank Thomas got to Chicago.

I am all for booing the team and players when the deserve it - but some people around here jump to conclusions so quickly that are not based in solid baseball history. my post was just laughing at that. If you enjoyed it - good for you. If you think it sucks - go lick a frog's a$$.

jabrch
06-10-2004, 12:05 PM
Like the question what is better smallball or Earl Weaver three run homer?

I think you MUST be able to do both to be able to win both a 162 game season and a 5 game series. That's what I like about this club - it is built for both types of play.

pudge
06-10-2004, 12:12 PM
"Koch sucks" should not be in teal.

SSN721
06-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by pudge

Gotta agree with that. And he fooled me for a little while this year too, but his constant reversion to last years form makes me think he will not come back to being a decent closer. Oh well.

pinwheels3530
06-10-2004, 02:56 PM
The reason for the thread - and what I felt was most funny about it - was that we hear so many complaints about what WILL HAPPEN that never happens and about what HAPPENED that ends up not HAPPENING regularly in the future. Look at that list. All the Ozzie bitching was crap. All the KW bitching has been complete crap. All the Offensive bitching (too much or too few HRs, walks, hits, etc) have been crap. As far as the individual player gripes - most of them proved to be crap too. Sure - Koch sucks. But past that there aren't too many guys on this team that really suck. Rowand won't win a GG - that's true - but he doesn't suck. He is a fine 4th/5th OF and is serving fine as a replacement while Magglio is hurt. The Frank Thomas stuff - non-sense. Carlos and PK slumped early - but had we shot them and fed them to the wolves as suggested, where would we be?

I am not a pollyanna. I don't want everyone to be happy and all posts to be positive. But my only point was that there is a ridiculous amount of junk out there right now considering this is a first place team right now and a team that has not finished below 3rd place since 1989 - the year before Frank Thomas got to Chicago.

I am all for booing the team and players when the deserve it - but some people around here jump to conclusions so quickly that are not based in solid baseball history. my post was just laughing at that. If you enjoyed it - good for you. If you think it sucks - go lick a frog's a$$.

He's got a point alot of fans here complain, I am just glad that the fans that think they know how to run a baseball team actually don't have any say cause alot of you were wrong (shoey, willie, uribe, etc....) admit it!

1951Campbell
06-10-2004, 03:48 PM

Contradictory bitches by the same posters in some cases too, I bet.

OurBitchinMinny
06-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by raul12

why miles? Uribe is better. Miles has already been sent to AAA once this year. Uribe is slumping but has way more promise long term

batmanZoSo
06-10-2004, 06:51 PM
I like this thread, it certainly doesn't suck. A lot of those complaints were silly and a lot were justified. We may complain a lot but there's a lot to complain about. With that in mind, I think we all do a pretty good job at staying positive. Sometimes it's overboard, but a lot of it is genuine and legit. Telling a Sox fan to cheer up at times is like telling Job to be patient.

voodoochile
06-10-2004, 09:00 PM
:threadrules:

I just wanted to point out that the posts saying this thread sucks, suck... :D:

Thanks for giving us the chance to laugh at ourselves, jabarch. If it were a little shorter, I would make it POTW. Well actually, a LOT shorter. Basically, the length of the opening post sucks... :D:

Parrothead
06-10-2004, 09:28 PM
I think this is funny too....

Besides you missed too many guys don't speak english

:andy

GO YOU WHITE SOX !

fquaye149
06-10-2004, 09:33 PM
What about losing Tim Hummel?!?!!? This one was a heartbreaker!

mantis1212
06-10-2004, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by pudge

Very funny thread, would have been even funnier is the only non-teal line was the Koch one

My favorite: We hit too many HRs

And you forgot the number one bitch:
Our seats are too blue

voodoochile
06-10-2004, 09:37 PM
You also forgot...

The amount of bitching at WSI sucks...

:D:

jabrch
06-10-2004, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
:threadrules:

I just wanted to point out that the posts saying this thread sucks, suck... :D:

Thanks for giving us the chance to laugh at ourselves, jabarch. If it were a little shorter, I would make it POTW. Well actually, a LOT shorter. Basically, the length of the opening post sucks... :D:

That's my first ever This Thread Rules - thanks Voodoo!

pinwheels3530
06-11-2004, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Parrothead
I think this is funny too....

Besides you missed too many guys don't speak english

:andy

GO YOU WHITE SOX !

That's funny :D: :D:

Railsplitter
06-11-2004, 08:06 AM
I thought it was mildly amusing. I haven't mentioned it, but I've thought for a while we have a lot of humor impared people around here.

bennyw41
06-11-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by fquaye149
What about losing Tim Hummel?!?!!? This one was a heartbreaker!

Its only a heartbreaker if he has ONE good game. See Matt Ginter sour grape threads.

thecell
06-11-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
Sorry we need a teal this thread sux sign