PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie and last nights game

MRKARNO
06-10-2004, 09:59 AM
I was sitting pretty close to being behind home plate, slightly to the side of the White Sox dugout. Ozzie is always hanging out on corner of the home plate side of the dugout, so that if he looked back he can see the fans. When Billy Koch went out, a few fans to my right were yelling at Ozzie about why he put in Billy Koch when Ozzie was coming back from puting him in. Instead of ignoring the fans, Ozzie actually yelled at them saying something to the effect of "You go out and pitch!" while motioning to the pitchers mound. I thought that was great and just shows what a character Ozzie is and how much better he is than the sleeping Jerry manuel.

DaveIsHere
06-10-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I was sitting pretty close to being behind home plate, slightly to the side of the White Sox dugout. Ozzie is always hanging out on corner of the home plate side of the dugout, so that if he looked back he can see the fans. When Billy Koch went out, a few fans to my right were yelling at Ozzie about why he put in Billy Koch when Ozzie was coming back from puting him in. Instead of ignoring the fans, Ozzie actually yelled at them saying something to the effect of "You go out and pitch!" while motioning to the pitchers mound. I thought that was great and just shows what a character Ozzie is and how much better he is than the sleeping Jerry manuel.

That is great, Would loved to have witnessed that.

patbooyah
06-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere

you mean that you would have loved to see a fan pitch instead of billy koch, right?

DirtySouthsider
06-10-2004, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO

I wish someone would have taken him up on his offer so we could have gotten Koch out of there.

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by patbooyah
you mean that you would have loved to see a fan pitch instead of billy koch, right?

Couldn't have been worse.

Hangar18
06-10-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere

That is Great, WOULDVE LOVED TO HEAR SOMEONE TALK ABOUT THIS ON THE RADIO TOO .....................

Lip Man 1
06-10-2004, 11:38 AM
Ozzie had some comments that might have been related to this in the newspapers.

He was quoted as saying and I'm paraphrasing here. I know the fans hate this but what can you do? I'm going to stand by my guys who are fighting for me. I'll keep using him (Koch).

Lip

Over By There
06-10-2004, 11:51 AM
Thanks for sharing that - I was watching Ozzie from the upper deck at that time and saw him saying something and motioning, but obviously couldn't hear what he was saying. I thought it was interesting he was communicating with fans during the game...

LongLiveFisk
06-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by DirtySouthsider
I wish someone would have taken him up on his offer so we could have gotten Koch out of there.

Hey, my arm was loose. And I'm also a righty! :)

Tekijawa
06-10-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by LongLiveFisk
Hey, my arm was loose. And I'm also a righty! :)

Yeah, but can you throw a strait as an arrow 94mph fast ball out of the strike zone?

LongLiveFisk
06-10-2004, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Yeah, but can you throw a strait as an arrow 94mph fast ball out of the strike zone?

No, but I can lose the game for you if that's what you want just as easily for far less money!