PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 6/10/04

Hangar18
06-10-2004, 10:13 AM
(editors note: I accidentally gave flub 2 more stories inst of sox yesterday/fixed today)
One team is in 1st Place & another is in 5th Place. Guess which team is Getting More Print & Radio Coverage this morning??? If you
said the 5th Place team ....... YOUR CORRECT!!!!!!!

Cubune:
6 cub stories
3 sox stories
Cub-Times:
5 cub stories
3 sox stories

Standings since ST................

CUBS 890
SOX 597

Frater Perdurabo
06-10-2004, 10:18 AM
Is there really any doubt about this any more?

Since "Messiah" Prior got hammered yesterday, does that mean that the "Prior Watch" returns?

itsnotrequired
06-10-2004, 10:20 AM
I like how the chicagotribune.com site lists an article about Borowski under Sox coverage simply because he is compared to Roberto Hernandez. Lame.

Hangar18
06-10-2004, 10:20 AM
9am hour, Score has jimmy piersall on .......... Murph immediately asks him what he thought of STAT that says cubs lead in runners not scoring (inferring blame on wend kimm). Piersall says stat was BS and where did he get it. Murph gets mad and tries to STEER him with more stats. Piersall says its mumbo-jumbo (AWESOME) and there are other "facts" hes not getting. MURPH you can tell is very mad because a GUEST WONT AGREE WITH HIM!
Caller calls in and says he doesnt like Kim, costing north side team games, Piersall again disagrees. Piersall said if people are gonna disagree with something, how about OZZY leaving in Garland to "get hit around, the guy didnt have it, he shouldve taken him out!!!!" Murph immediately says its time go to a Commercial (tried to STEER SUBJECT YET AGAIN) ....... and when they come back.......Wants PIERSALL TO COMPARE PUJOLS to PATTERSON as far as their AGES/TALENT. PIERSALL IMMEDIATELY SAYS HE DOESNT WANT TO TALK ABOUT PATTERSON!
Murph says yes you do.......im sure youve got something on him ..... and you can hear him muttering.......hes MAD Piersall wont Talk CUB!!

Hangar18
06-10-2004, 10:22 AM
Since Piersall DOESNT want to talk about PATTERSON, MURPH instead asks him if Kelton shouldve Bunted, and was Baker right?
Its unbelievable how much this guy steers cub to the audience.
unreal.

Hangar18
06-10-2004, 10:33 AM
6:30 - 7am Talked about should Sammy Rehab
7:00 - 7:15 Talked to reporter about SOX
7:15 - 7:30 Talked to STAT guy. Murph asks if Cubs lose more runs with 3b coach, stat is inconclusive, Murph rants anyway
7:30 - 8:45 Callers, Incited by Murph ranting, complain bout Kim
8:45 - 9:00 Talked football
9:00 - 9:30 Talked to Piersall about Cubs,Patterson. at 9:28 Murph asked him about Crede, but he really couldnt answer, cuz
his time was up

This show and Murph in particular, is unbelievable. I didnt
watch the SOX game last nite, and YET do not know what happened last nite. Ive heard numerous sound bites and inning by inning breakdowns on North side game, but NOTHING from the SOX game.

Be Glad Im listening and your not ......

pssondacubs
06-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Thanks for subjecting yourself to the continuous Cubdrum beat on that terrible show. I try, but I always have to turn it. I can't stand the non-stop one sided Murph. At least on the other shows that the hosts are Sox fans, they try to go both ways. Murph don't even try. The fact that he's even doing radio is a topic in itself. If he'd had his way last year, the whole Flub team would be different. What a joke.

pssondacubs
06-10-2004, 10:53 AM
Last year after a couple Losses by Wood, Murph was ready to trade him. Then he wins a few and he's a superstar. This guy should be feeding fish in the pet dept. at Walmart.

Dan H
06-10-2004, 10:59 AM
Hangar, I am glad you are listening and I'm not. Why do you continue to do this to yourself? We all know the Score is pathetic starting with the Murphster. At this point, I am more concerned with the Sox giving up 24 runs in two nights. Also it is pretty bad when we have to depend on Piersall to be the class act.

Dick Allen
06-10-2004, 11:11 AM
Hangar, I don't know how you can subject yourself to this. The one thing you don't put in your log is that half the show is commercials, which is even worse than all the Cub talk.

PaulDrake
06-10-2004, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by pssondacubs
Last year after a couple Losses by Wood, Murph was ready to trade him. Then he wins a few and he's a superstar. This guy should be feeding fish in the pet dept. at Walmart. *****!

bennyw41
06-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Why isn't this stuff in the PL?

Hangar18
06-10-2004, 12:00 PM
For the Brief 40 or so seconds Piersall talked SOX,
he did say OZZ was WRONG for leaving in Garland.........
said it was OBVIOUS he didnt have it, and he GAVE THE GAME AWAY. Anyone feel the same?

jackbrohamer
06-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by itsnotrequired
I like how the chicagotribune.com site lists an article about Borowski under Sox coverage simply because he is compared to Roberto Hernandez. Lame.

They do the same with any news about Ligue. Incident at Sox Park = Life-long coverage at chicagosports.com

The murder outside Wrigley is totally different and not related to the team

JB98
06-10-2004, 12:51 PM
Oz was wrong to leave Garland in, but that isn't what cost us the game. That pathetic top of the fourth inning was the difference. Not to mention, it isn't like our middle relievers came in and slammed the door. The Phillies continued to score runs, even after Garland was gone.

SoxFan76
06-10-2004, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
Why isn't this stuff in the PL?

Wow, how long has Hangar been doing these Media Watches, and you want to talk about where the threads should be? This is where they are, this is where they have been for a long time. You don't HAVE to read it. When it says MEDIA WATCH, you know what the thread is about.

But anyways, thanks Hangar for all the things you do. I really look forward every day to reading your media watch, and I always love your random thoughts threads. Keep it up.

HomerCoach
06-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by SoxFan76

But anyways, thanks Hangar for all the things you do. I really look forward every day to reading your media watch, and I always love your random thoughts threads. Keep it up.

As do I!

maurice
06-10-2004, 01:23 PM
Piersall opened up with a shot at Murphy. He said that, at the golf outing, people kept telling him how much they enjoyed his reports and how much they wished Murphy would **** and let Piersall talk . . . so I guess it's unanimous.

Oddly, Murphy always lets moron cub fan "Duke" insanely ramble on any given subject without much steering.

thepaulbowski
06-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Be Glad Im listening and your not ......

My name is Paul and I'm a Score-a-holic. I've been clean for over two years now.....

:)

Hangar18
06-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by maurice
Piersall opened up with a shot at Murphy. He said that, at the golf outing, people kept telling him how much they enjoyed his reports and how much they wished Murphy would **** and let Piersall talk . . . so I guess it's unanimous.

Oddly, Murphy always lets moron cub fan "Duke" insanely ramble on any given subject without much steering.

I WANT TO MEET mike murphy .............. BADLY. Anyone figure out a way I can meet this Buffoon ??

JohnJeter
06-10-2004, 01:53 PM
Here's the featured Letter to the Editor in today's Bright One extolling the virtues of the Sox. In the print edition, the Times accompanied it with the famous Kevin Matthews sign "Major League Baseball- 8.1 Miles South".

http://www.suntimes.com/output/letters/cst-edt-vox10a.html

SoxOnTop
06-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by JB98
Oz was wrong to leave Garland in, but that isn't what cost us the game. That pathetic top of the fourth inning was the difference. Not to mention, it isn't like our middle relievers came in and slammed the door. The Phillies continued to score runs, even after Garland was gone.

Maybe so, and I admit I didn't see the game, but just look at the box score. How the heck to you #1 let your pitcher pitch through a 7 run inning with out trotting out someone from the bullpen. Then, #2, how the heck to trot that pitcher back out to the mound to start the 5th!!! Unreal!!!!

I'm a big fan of how Oz has let is starters work deep in games to get their confidnece up, but he's got to be able to recognize when his SP doesn't have it. If I was Garland, I'd be pissed that Ozzie didn't protect me when my stuff was failing me.

Seeing as we lost by only 3 runs, this could have meant the difference in the game.

Hangar18
06-10-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop

Seeing as we lost by only 3 runs, this could have meant the difference in the game.

Let me ask this .......... Was Cliff Politte or Mike "I'll-put-it-out-of-reach" Jackson involved ??

bobj4400
06-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop

Maybe so, and I admit I didn't see the game, but just look at the box score. How the heck to you #1 let your pitcher pitch through a 7 run inning with out trotting out someone from the bullpen. Then, #2, how the heck to trot that pitcher back out to the mound to start the 5th!!! Unreal!!!!

Originally posted by Hangar18

Let me ask this .......... Was Cliff Politte or Mike "I'll-put-it-out-of-reach" Jackson involved ??

Actually the bullpen did fine outside of Krotch. Garland gave up 10 runs in 4+ innings. Koch allowed both inherited runners to score along with one of his own.