PDA

View Full Version : a trade happening soon for the fifth starter?

bestkosher
06-10-2004, 07:45 AM
During the first innning i heard a mention on the radio, about Don Cooper, KW Uncle Jerry and Ozzie being pulled into the tunnel.. . Did any one hear the same thing. It sound kind of big the way it was being reported.

Palehose13
06-10-2004, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by bestkosher
During the first innning i heard a mention on the radio, about Don Cooper, KW Uncle Jerry and Ozzie being pulled into the tunnel.. . Did any one hear the same thing. It sound kind of big the way it was being reported.

I think we should start a pool or something as to when teh trade will happen, who we get, and who is going.

We all know it's gonna happen...it's just a matter of when and who. I'm really anxious though!

wdelaney72
06-10-2004, 08:02 AM
Rooney was on 1000 yesterday with MJH and mentioned he had run into the GM from Seattle. According to Rooney, the GM said, "Kenny doesn't want to give up a whole lot". That's a nice way of saying it's going to happen pretty soon.

I'll vote for Freddy Garcia on the team for Borchard and a pitching prospect by June 18.

HomerCoach
06-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by wdelaney72

I'll vote for Freddy Garcia on the team for Borchard and a pitching prospect by June 18.

Rauch and Borchard for Garcia by 6/15.

SOXintheBURGH
06-10-2004, 12:09 PM
Originally posted by HomerCoach

Rauch and Borchard for Garcia by 6/15.

Rauch, Rowand, Borchard for Freddie 6/16

Palehose13
06-10-2004, 12:15 PM
Rowand, Rauch, and Diaz for Garcia by 6/18

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by SOXintheBURGH

That is grossly overpaying

JasonC23
06-10-2004, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Rowand, Rauch, and Diaz for Garcia by 6/18

So is this.

soltrain21
06-10-2004, 01:06 PM
Borchard and Rauch for Garcia by 6/14

CWSGuy406
06-10-2004, 01:17 PM
Id rather trade Borchard than Reed, but neither deserves to be traded for Garcia. Rauch/Rowand/PTBNL for Garcia.

jabrch
06-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77

Originally posted by JasonC
So is this

What do you think would be good price - that Seattle is going to take?

StockdaleForVeep
06-10-2004, 01:19 PM
perhaps the reason we drafted a 3b in the draft is because we may trade off crede. I hope to god im just wrong

jabrch
06-10-2004, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
Id rather trade Borchard than Reed, but neither deserves to be traded for Garcia. Rauch/Rowand/PTBNL for Garcia.

um - both sides must AGREE on the trade. Seattle isn't giving Garcia up for that junk. There are 5 other teams that would pay more than that.

CWSGuy406
06-10-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
um - both sides must AGREE on the trade. Seattle isn't giving Garcia up for that junk. There are 5 other teams that would pay more than that.

OK but Garcia is still a half-a-year rent-a-player. Thus he doesn't deserve a top prospect such as Reed, not even Borchard...

bobj4400
06-10-2004, 01:26 PM
Rowand, Reed, Rauch, and a low A ball prospect for Garcia and Guardado.

6/21

MisterB
06-10-2004, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by StockdaleForVeep
perhaps the reason we drafted a 3b in the draft is because we may trade off crede. I hope to god im just wrong

Fields was drafted because he was the best talent available when the Sox picked. It had nothing to do with what Crede may or may not be doing at the major league level.

Tekijawa
06-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Beltran and Randa for Creede, Rauch, and Rowand (filling all requested needs for KC) maybe a few extra low level prospects for a reduction in contracts remaining

Then Reed and two low level prospects for Garcia... June 17th

bobj4400
06-10-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Beltran and Randa for Creede, Rauch, and Rowand (filling all requested needs for KC) maybe a few extra low level prospects for a reduction in contracts remaining

Shouldnt this be in teal?

Tekijawa
06-10-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Shouldnt this be in teal?

Both are FA's at the end of the year, I don't know if they'll get much better than that?!?!

Paulwny
06-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Brown hurt his back early in last night's game.

From Newsday:
Joe Torre said Brown will have tests on his back this morning if it still aches, and he could be headed for the disabled list for the 11th time in his career. The Yankees' interest in Seattle's Freddy Garcia may have just intensified.

skottyj242
06-10-2004, 01:48 PM
Diaz, Reed and Rauch for Ben Sheets by 6/27.

bobj4400
06-10-2004, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Tekijawa
Both are FA's at the end of the year, I don't know if they'll get much better than that?!?!

They will get at least one bona fide high ceiling prospect in return for Beltran. If you consider Crede to still be in this category, then I can see it happening. Just dont know how many GM's are still crazy about Crede as a future star.

Rauch and Rowand are pretty much throw-ins as their worth at this point is minimal at best...

JasonC23
06-10-2004, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Rowand, Reed, Rauch, and a low A ball prospect for Garcia and Guardado.

6/21

Rowand, Reed, Borchard, Rauch, Honel, Olivo, Thomas, Lee, Konerko, Koch, and a low A ball prospect for everybody on the Mariners and Royals.

OurBitchinMinny
06-10-2004, 02:46 PM

any trade to get rid of rowand is fine by me

OurBitchinMinny
06-10-2004, 02:48 PM
If we got garcia or sheets or whoever they wouldnt be fifth starters would they? Garland last night showed thats about what he is. Garcia and sheets would be a #1 or #2 guy.

samram
06-10-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by ChisoxfaninMinny
If we got garcia or sheets or whoever they wouldnt be fifth starters would they? Garland last night showed thats about what he is. Garcia and sheets would be a #1 or #2 guy.

The thing is the Sox wouldn't have to worry about a fifth starter if they had one of those guys- they would just have five starters. Rotation shake-ups would be based on match-ups and not on simply skipping someone because they're bad.

lowesox
06-10-2004, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by skottyj242
Diaz, Reed and Rauch for Ben Sheets by 6/27.

Yeah. I'd love that. I'm a big believer in getting Ben Sheets. If Kenny can get him without sacrificing any of our major leaguers I'll create a thread entitled "Kenny Williams is a genius."

skobabe8
06-10-2004, 03:04 PM

OK but Garcia is still a half-a-year rent-a-player. Thus he doesn't deserve a top prospect such as Reed, not even Borchard...

Seattle doesn't care if he is a "rent-a-player" for us. That's our problem. Bottom line is if we don't make the best offer, they'll deal with someone else.

maurice
06-10-2004, 03:16 PM
The fact that a player is a FA at season's end reduces his trade value across the board. OTOH, KW might be tempted to overpay to get a pitcher in mid-June instead of late-July. (If nobody is offering solid prospects, Seattle etc. can just wait for the trade deadline.) Depending on the budget situation, he also may need to overpay to get the other team to eat some or all of the remaining portion of the pitcher's 2004 salary.

rahulsekhar
06-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by maurice
The fact that a player is a FA at season's end reduces his trade value across the board. OTOH, KW might be tempted to overpay to get a pitcher in mid-June instead of late-July. (If nobody is offering solid prospects, Seattle etc. can just wait for the trade deadline.) Depending on the budget situation, he also may need to overpay to get the other team to eat some or all of the remaining portion of the pitcher's 2004 salary.

I believe that I saw a report that JR had authorized payroll increases for this season a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully that translates into the ability to swap lower level prospects and take on cash rather than giving up better players.

Jjav829
06-10-2004, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by skobabe8
Seattle doesn't care if he is a "rent-a-player" for us. That's our problem. Bottom line is if we don't make the best offer, they'll deal with someone else.

Bingo! Man, where is kittle42 when you need him? Seattle isn't going to give Garcia to us for nothing. With all the teams having interest in Freddy, the price will only go up. They're not going to take our scraps just to get something for him. If anything, they'd be better served to let him walk and take the 2 picks. I'd rather have two picks (especially considering the Sox pick will likely be a 1st rounder and not a 2nd rounder) than Aaron Rowand and Jon Rauch. If I am Bill Bavasi (and I am not) the starting point for trade talks with KW would be Jeremy Reed or Joe Borchard. If Kenny says that's too much for a rent-a-player, I shop Garcia elsewhere.

rahulsekhar
06-10-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Jjav829
Bingo! Man, where is kittle42 when you need him? Seattle isn't going to give Garcia to us for nothing. With all the teams having interest in Freddy, the price will only go up. They're not going to take our scraps just to get something for him. If anything, they'd be better served to let him walk and take the 2 picks. I'd rather have two picks (especially considering the Sox pick will likely be a 1st rounder and not a 2nd rounder) than Aaron Rowand and Jon Rauch. If I am Bill Bavasi (and I am not) the starting point for trade talks with KW would be Jeremy Reed or Joe Borchard. If Kenny says that's too much for a rent-a-player, I shop Garcia elsewhere.

Not sure I'd say the picks are worth more than Rauch or Rowand - the success rate of low first round picks isn't great IIRC.

Also - I don't know that say the Yanks can come up with a better package - Dioner Navarro si the only pseudo-worthwhile prospect they have. If nothing else, I'd guess a package of Rowand+Diaz can get it done, and I'd do that.

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by jabrch
What do you think would be good price - that Seattle is going to take?

I don't like Garcia first off, so I wouldn't give up Reed, Borchard or Rauch for him at all. If someone else beats that offer, oh well. I think Garica would be marginal benefit not worth the cost. In the playoff series we would only need four starters and I would rather go with our top four then Garcia. Plus I think we can win this division with the first starter problem still existing.

rmusacch
06-10-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by SOXintheBURGH

I don't want to give up Borchard for a rent a player. That is way too much to give up for a rent a player.

samram
06-10-2004, 04:11 PM
I don't like Garcia first off, so I wouldn't give up Reed, Borchard or Rauch for him at all. If someone else beats that offer, oh well. I think Garica would be marginal benefit not worth the cost. In the playoff series we would only need four starters and I would rather go with our top four then Garcia. Plus I think we can win this division with the first starter problem still existing.

Maybe the Sox can win the division, but looking at the upcoming schedules, the Twins basically play the Phillies this weekend (at home) then there's 6-10 games against the Sox (White and Red), and that's it until August. There's a lot of Cleveland and Baltimore and Milwaukee. The Sox, on the other hand, have a difficult schedule until at least late July. Those games where the fifth starter is used could be really costly, and I don't want the Sox to have to make up 6 or 7 games in the second half again. If the Sox are within a game or two (hopefully ahead) by mid-September, that would be great because the last half of September is Minny and then KC and Detroit, while the Twins play the Yanks a bunch at the end. Still, I would rather the Sox not fall way behind because there's one game in every five that is a sure loss.

rmusacch
06-10-2004, 04:12 PM

I agree but there might be a chance that Garcia would stay given his close relationship with Ozzie.

Tekijawa
06-10-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
I agree but there might be a chance that Garcia would stay given his close relationship with Ozzie.

I think that pretty much Guarantees that he'll end up in Detroit with IRod and Ugie... Everyone who likes Ozzie ends up there.

TomParrish79
06-10-2004, 06:38 PM
Why dont we try to go after a guy like Zach Day??

He's pitching good, but just not getting any run support from the Expos.

batmanZoSo
06-10-2004, 06:45 PM
I think if they can talk to Garcia and see if he's willing to re-sign, and very hopefully, for a small good-friend-happens-to-be-the-manager discount. Then I would totally give them Borchard and Rauch. Or something like Borchard, Rauch, Diaz and Munoz for Garcia and Guardado.

Of course the preceeding should be envisioned largely in a pale, rosey hue...

pczarapa
06-10-2004, 10:43 PM
Maybe we could give Koch and an autographed Harry Chappas bat for Garcia

dougs78
06-11-2004, 12:44 AM
6/20/04

Seattle trades Freddy Garcia and a A-level prospect to the White Sox for Rauch, Rowand and Felix Diaz.

7/11/04

Kansas City trades Carlos Beltran to the White Sox for Jeremy Reed and Neal Cotts.

batmanZoSo
06-11-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by dougs78
6/20/04

Seattle trades Freddy Garcia and a A-level prospect to the White Sox for Rauch, Rowand and Felix Diaz.

7/11/04

Kansas City trades Carlos Beltran to the White Sox for Jeremy Reed and Neal Cotts.

7/12/04

George W. Bush resigns as president and 50 Cent moves into the White House. :smile:

StockdaleForVeep
06-11-2004, 01:14 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
7/12/04

George W. Bush resigns as president and 50 Cent moves into the White House. :smile: \

7/13/04
at 12:01 am, i seceed my house and property from the union\state after these travesties.

DSpivack
06-11-2004, 02:01 AM
\

7/13/04
at 12:01 am, i seceed my house and property from the union\state after these travesties.

11/01/04
White Sox win WS

2/01/05
Bears win Super Bowl

4/04/05
Illinois wins NCAA Title

StockdaleForVeep
06-11-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by DSpivack
11/01/04
White Sox win WS

2/01/05
Bears win Super Bowl

4/04/05
Illinois wins NCAA Title

Hell freakin boo to the 4\04 one...lol

1-2-2999
end of civlization, Northern illinois still not being recognized for a modern day bowl game

OzzieBall2004
06-11-2004, 02:06 AM

He wont be ready for 3 years minimum....plus he can play a number of positions, so he likely wont be brought up at 3B.

samram
06-11-2004, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by DSpivack
11/01/04
White Sox win WS

2/01/05
Bears win Super Bowl

4/04/05
Illinois wins NCAA Title

Make that deep pink. :smile: I'm sick of these ACC fans down here.