PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to Billy Wagner...

MRKARNO
06-10-2004, 01:14 AM
The White SOx are now first in the majors in runs scored (by one over the yankees) The Sox have now scored 314 runs in 2004

batmanZoSo
06-10-2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The White SOx are now first in the majors in runs scored (by one over the yankees) The Sox have now scored 314 runs in 2004

That projects to 908 on the year if you're keeping score at home. If that doesn't win us the division, it's time to rebuild...in a major way.

It's amazing with the ML lead in runs and four starters with a sub 4 era and winning records, that we're only 6 games over .500. We've gotta be playing under our Pythag line :?:

MRKARNO
06-10-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
We've gotta be playing under our Pythag line :?:

By a about 3-4 games, but it doenst matter because I still think this team is looking pretty good in the long run. I know a lot of people like to get worked up over a streak like this where we've only won like 2 of the last 7, but we win tomorrow and that's 2 of 3, which is all we should really expect out of this team. THe upside is that we've scored 24 runs in two games. That's pretty good. It would've been nice if we hadn't allowed 24 runs on the flipside, but if you allow 24 and score 24, a split is about all you'd expect.

batmanZoSo
06-10-2004, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
By a about 3-4 games, but it doenst matter because I still think this team is looking pretty good in the long run. I know a lot of people like to get worked up over a streak like this where we've only won like 2 of the last 7, but we win tomorrow and that's 2 of 3, which is all we should really expect out of this team. THe upside is that we've scored 24 runs in two games. That's pretty good. It would've been nice if we hadn't allowed 24 runs on the flipside, but if you allow 24 and score 24, a split is about all you'd expect.

This game doesn't bother me at all. I never thought we were going to win tonight deep down. Just knew it. You know that feeling. Of course I thought it would be because Milton would shut us down.

I don't look day to day, I look at the series, and that's what baseball is all about. See you can say we lost 3 of our last four, and we did...but that goes back to an entirely different series and place. You can't *expect* us to win 2 in a row vs. a quality Phillies team. We won the first, and have a chance to win 2/3...which is fine at home against a playoff team.

That's the difference between basing your expectations on a calendar week and on different series'.

We have a chance to win the series, and a good one at that.

I agree, this team's luck has got to even out. We're built exactly like* a Billy Beane or 90s Braves team--powerful offense, good starters...that almost always equals a division title.

*no, we're not the 95 Braves....

Palehose13
06-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Hawk was saying last night during the broadcast the he and Ozzie had talked earlier this week and Ozzie felt like this team wasn't clicking on all cylinders yet. I agree. We're good, but I think come July/August...we're gonna be really good!