Uribe 3B
Thomas DH
Lee LF
Konerko 1B
Valentin SS
Gload/Perez RF/CF
Rowand CF/RF
Olivo C

If Gload plays Right, Rowand Plays Center. If Perez plays CF, Rowand plays RF.
Crede needs a break. I'm not giving up on him.

ma-gaga
06-09-2004, 11:26 PM
You lose Crede then. He has to pass waivers, and someone would claim him.

SEALgep
06-09-2004, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
You lose Crede then. He has to pass waivers, and someone would claim him. How about faking an injury?

HomerCoach
06-09-2004, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by ma-gaga
You lose Crede then. He has to pass waivers, and someone would claim him.

How's it work? We're stuck with Crede in the majors unless he's hurt or traded? Doesn't seem right.

Daver
06-09-2004, 11:44 PM
Originally posted by HomerCoach
How's it work? We're stuck with Crede in the majors unless he's hurt or traded? Doesn't seem right.

He has no options left, if he is removed from the twenty five man roster he has to clear waivers in order to be sent down, and he would be claimed within twenty minutes of being waived. Quality defensive third basemen are not discarded lightly.

dillio
06-09-2004, 11:44 PM

He has no options left.

HomerCoach
06-09-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by Daver
He has no options left

How many options does a man get? Our only "option" is to let Crede play it out or do as I originally stated without bringing up Bryant Nelson?

ma-gaga
06-10-2004, 12:00 AM
How many options does a man get? Our only "option" is to let Crede play it out or do as I originally stated without bringing up Bryant Nelson?

It's something like 4 years of minor league service time. There's some other rules with the 40 man roster, but I'm not 100% sure what they are. They could bench Crede but he has to stay on the 25 man roster (MLB, not AAA). unless he gets hurt, like SEALgep said.

You either play the guy after 4 years of keeping them protected in the minors, or lose them. It protects the players from being jerked around by the owners.

South Side
06-10-2004, 12:08 AM
Leave him alone, he just hit a 2 run homer! Maybe the slump ended... Fingers crossed.

doublem23
06-10-2004, 12:30 AM
I don't care what anyone says, Joe Crede > Bryant Nelson...

batmanZoSo
06-10-2004, 12:46 AM
Bring up Bryant Nelson.

Lineup:

Harris 2B
Uribe 3B
Thomas DH
Lee LF
Konerko 1B
Valentin SS
Gload/Perez RF/CF
Rowand CF/RF
Olivo C

If Gload plays Right, Rowand Plays Center. If Perez plays CF, Rowand plays RF.
Crede needs a break. I'm not giving up on him.

Misleading title there. :angry: Come owwwn man you're killin me. The bottom line is we're stuck with him unless we put him on waivers..and he makes what 500k? I think someone just might take him....

What he needs is a week on the bench, maybe two weeks. And just take tons of bp and work one on one with Walker. Unless he wants to start his second half thing* right now. But I highly doubt it.

StillMissOzzie
06-10-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by Daver
He has no options left, if he is removed from the twenty five man roster he has to clear waivers in order to be sent down, and he would be claimed within twenty minutes of being waived. Quality defensive third basemen are not discarded lightly.

How many "options" do you get on a player? Is it X number per season, X number per lifetime, or what?

SMO
:?:

HomerCoach
06-10-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by doublem23
I don't care what anyone says, Joe Crede > Bryant Nelson...

no doubt Joe Crede > Bryant Nelson, that wasn't my point. Crede is batting .210 as an everyday player and it's June 10th, he needs some type of change. If we had any options left, i would rather him swing it out in Charlotte than sit a week or 2 in Chicago. Hopefullt South Side is right and his slump, if thats what you call it, is over.

soxtalker
06-10-2004, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by South Side
Leave him alone, he just hit a 2 run homer! Maybe the slump ended... Fingers crossed.

I was at the game yesterday. He also made a nice defensive play to get a double play, which he started by tagging a runner going from second to third.

MisterB
06-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by StillMissOzzie
How many "options" do you get on a player? Is it X number per season, X number per lifetime, or what?

SMO
:?:

A team can 'option' a player to the minors in 3 different years until he's eligible for free agency. Once an option is exercised, he can be called up and sent down any number of times during that year.

South Side
06-10-2004, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by soxtalker
I was at the game yesterday. He also made a nice defensive play to get a double play, which he started by tagging a runner going from second to third.

I might be alone here but I think he is a very good defensive 3rd basemen.

ndgt10
06-10-2004, 12:34 PM

I'm pretty sure that there were 2 outs and he made the throw to first just in case the ump didn't give him the tag out. Essentially, we made 4 outs that inning.

Over By There
06-10-2004, 12:58 PM

That was a nice play. But I also thought he didn't make enough of an effort (read: none) on that ball that was hit between him and Valentin, I believe it was the inning before(?). He sort of half-turned at the ball but didn't even take a step. From where I was sitting last night, it looked like it was within reason to make a dive at the ball. Maybe I just had a bad angle.

On that note, my feeling lately is that Joe is moping around a bit - not playing with any energy or enthusiasm. Not as noticable in the field, but it seems he's doing a lot of jogging towards first base on groundouts, etc. Obviously he is feeling bad about the way he's playing and that's understandable, but it's starting to bother me.

I hope Joe pulls it together soon because we need him.

akingamongstmen
06-10-2004, 01:21 PM
I might be alone here but I think he is a very good defensive 3rd basemen.

You're not alone.

TaylorStSox
06-10-2004, 04:43 PM
I guess I'll do the honors..........

:threadsucks

South Side
06-10-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Over By There
That was a nice play. But I also thought he didn't make enough of an effort (read: none) on that ball that was hit between him and Valentin, I believe it was the inning before(?). He sort of half-turned at the ball but didn't even take a step. From where I was sitting last night, it looked like it was within reason to make a dive at the ball. Maybe I just had a bad angle.

On that note, my feeling lately is that Joe is moping around a bit - not playing with any energy or enthusiasm. Not as noticable in the field, but it seems he's doing a lot of jogging towards first base on groundouts, etc. Obviously he is feeling bad about the way he's playing and that's understandable, but it's starting to bother me.

I hope Joe pulls it together soon because we need him.

I feel bad for him because if you look at his face after he pops up or strikes out he just looks like it's absolutely killing him. I don't think he is a guy who has a very excited way about him most of the time, more of a laid back go with the flow type but you can definitely tell that his hitting is getting to him. I have faith in Joe though. I am sure we will all be talking it up in the 2nd half about what an asset he is to the team.

jeremyb1
06-10-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by TaylorStSox
I guess I'll do the honors..........

:threadsucks

Yeah how dare anyone speak ill of a player with a .250 OBP. Crede currently gets on base less than any other qualifying regular in the majors. 180 out of 180. I'm not saying we should expose him to waivers but I don't think adressing his performance somehow is unreasonable.

South Side
06-10-2004, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by jeremyb1
Yeah how dare anyone speak ill of a player with a .260 OBP.

Good Lord, for as often as that guy's picture gets flashed around here imagine the money he'd make off of royalties. Let's tone it down a bit... or stop creating threads that suck! :smile:

TaylorStSox
06-10-2004, 08:08 PM
Good Lord, for as often as that guy's picture gets flashed around here imagine the money he'd make off of royalties. Let's tone it down a bit... or stop creating threads that suck! :smile:

I agree that it's over used. In fact, it reminds me of this topic.

Who will the next whipping boy be?

HomerCoach
06-10-2004, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by TaylorStSox

Who will the next whipping boy be?

My guess would be the next guy to have 40 hits in 189 ab, and an obp of .250 in 56 games.