PDA

View Full Version : Frank at first

Herbal
06-09-2004, 07:57 PM
I heard that Frank will get some time at first against Atlanta to prep for the upcoming series in NL parks. While I get playing Frank when in NL parks to keep his bat in the lineup, I don't get prepping him for it. If Frank and Ozzie think he might not perform well defensively at first, why add a game to the total? Why not just play him in NL parks when you have to?

Is it the fact that his first game of the year at first would then be at home, in a familiar park?

DSpivack
06-09-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Herbal
I heard that Frank will get some time at first against Atlanta to prep for the upcoming series in NL parks. While I get playing Frank when in NL parks to keep his bat in the lineup, I don't get prepping him for it. If Frank and Ozzie think he might not perform well defensively at first, why add a game to the total? Why not just play him in NL parks when you have to?

Is it the fact that his first game of the year at first would then be at home, in a familiar park?

Seems like to me just to get him used to playing first a little bit, no reason not too, really. Konerko isn't bad defensively, but neither will be mistaken for a Gold Glove anytime soon.