PDA

View Full Version : Sox Car Flag


WSox8404
06-09-2004, 05:40 PM
Hey everyone. I bought a Sox car flag like a month ago for 9.99 at Sports Authority. Pretty damn cheap. It has "Chicago White Sox" on there along with two white socks and the SOX diagonal logo. I only saw two other cars in the past month with this flag and I wish I saw more, especially since I live on the Southwest side. So come on guys lets show some pride for our first place team. Go out and buy one. P.S. They are 20 bucks at Grandstand. Get it at Sports Authority.

IowaHawksFan1
06-09-2004, 05:53 PM
I am getting tired of seeing all the Chicago Cubs flags flying around the Frat houses and apartment complexes here in Iowa City...anyone know where you can get a fairly cheap Sox's Flag (one of the big ones meant for flag poles)...that I can hang from my apartment window next to my Iowa Hawks flag???

Mickster
06-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by IowaHawksFan1
I am getting tired of seeing all the Chicago Cubs flags flying around the Frat houses and apartment complexes here in Iowa City...anyone know where you can get a fairly cheap Sox's Flag (one of the big ones meant for flag poles)...that I can hang from my apartment window next to my Iowa Hawks flag???

Ebay...

cbrownson13
06-09-2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by IowaHawksFan1
I am getting tired of seeing all the Chicago Cubs flags flying around the Frat houses and apartment complexes here in Iowa City...anyone know where you can get a fairly cheap Sox's Flag (one of the big ones meant for flag poles)...that I can hang from my apartment window next to my Iowa Hawks flag???


I attended University of Iowa, left about a year ago. You might want to try Scheels out there at the mall.

RedPinStripes
06-09-2004, 07:50 PM
I've got an american flag on the passenger side and a Sox flag on the driver side of my Tanker i drive at work. I get the finger all the time when i'm working the north shore. :D:

SSN721
06-10-2004, 07:26 AM
I would like to get a car flag, but living two blocks from Wrigley I think I would rather retain some semblance resale value of my car because I fear that drunk Cubs fans after games would have no problme pissing on or damaging a car identified as a Sox fans car. :o: Although I have no problem sitting on my patio in one of my many jerseys and hats and walk around the area in the same garb to piss off Cub fans. :D:

davenicholson
06-10-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I've got an american flag on the passenger side and a Sox flag on the driver side of my Tanker i drive at work. I get the finger all the time when i'm working the north shore. :D:
Those bums up north are flipping off Old Glory? :angry:

wdelaney72
06-10-2004, 08:09 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
I would like to get a car flag, but living two blocks from Wrigley I think I would rather retain some semblance resale value of my car because I fear that drunk Cubs fans after games would have no problme pissing on or damaging a car identified as a Sox fans car. :o: Although I have no problem sitting on my patio in one of my many jerseys and hats and walk around the area in the same garb to piss off Cub fans. :D:

You should consider moving.

BeerHandle
06-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by SSN721
I would like to get a car flag, but living two blocks from Wrigley I think I would rather retain some semblance resale value of my car because I fear that drunk Cubs fans after games would have no problme pissing on or damaging a car identified as a Sox fans car. :o: Although I have no problem sitting on my patio in one of my many jerseys and hats and walk around the area in the same garb to piss off Cub fans. :D:

My buddy lived a block away from Wrigley and always flew a Sox flag during the season. He did have a few bottles thrown at his house.

Dadawg_77
06-10-2004, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
My buddy lived a block away from Wrigley and always flew a Sox flag during the season. He did have a few bottles thrown at his house.

Is that the big one on tall flag pole, which I can see from teh Brown line?

BeerHandle
06-10-2004, 08:49 AM
I forgot to mention. I got my Sox car flag at Dominicks for $6.99. Roosevelt and Clinton (South Loop).

BeerHandle
06-10-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Is that the big one on tall flag pole, which I can see from teh Brown line?

You could see it from the Brown line, but it was not on a tall flag pole. It was a hanging one from the side of his house.

ewokpelts
06-10-2004, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I've got an american flag on the passenger side and a Sox flag on the driver side of my Tanker i drive at work. I get the finger all the time when i'm working the north shore. :D: are they anti-american?

ewokpelts
06-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by BeerHandle
My buddy lived a block away from Wrigley and always flew a Sox flag during the season. He did have a few bottles thrown at his house.

:moron

What's wrong with that? The Sox fan should have known he lived in Wrigleyville, the bestest of all neighborhoods for the bestest of all teams. AND NO JERRY KRAUSE!

bahn1225
06-10-2004, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by cbrownson13
I attended University of Iowa, left about a year ago. You might want to try Scheels out there at the mall.

Unfortunatly Scheels carries only three teams: the cubs, the cardinals and the yankees :(:
The official WHITE SOX website has a couple of large wall hangings that arn't very expensive.

On a personal note, I drive a blue JEEP with a large :sox logo on the tire cover.
If you see me, give me a holler.:D: