PDA

View Full Version : Sox to help rebuild baseball diamond in Utica

JRIG
06-09-2004, 06:08 PM
Let's see if this gets any coverage:

Baseball fans in the north-central Illinois town of Utica are getting a little help from the Chicago White Sox. Nearly two months after tornadoes devastated the community, Little League volunteer Ron Remz says some of the White Sox's coaches and trainers will be in Utica tomorrow to help rebuild the town's baseball diamond.

jshanahanjr
06-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Way to go Sox! That's a great gesture.

Viva Magglio
06-09-2004, 11:18 PM
The White Sox will help tornado-ravaged Utica, Illinois, rebuild its baseball field and contribute toward the construction of a sports complex.

SEALgep
06-09-2004, 11:23 PM
That's cool. Always nice to help those in need. :smile:

hsnterprize
06-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by JRIG

Baseball fans in the north-central Illinois town of Utica are getting a little help from the Chicago White Sox. Nearly two months after tornadoes devastated the community, Little League volunteer Ron Remz says some of the White Sox's coaches and trainers will be in Utica tomorrow to help rebuild the town's baseball diamond. This story has gotten some mention on the CBS 2 Morning News show this morning.

thepaulbowski
06-10-2004, 08:23 AM

Baseball fans in the north-central Illinois town of Utica are getting a little help from the Chicago White Sox. Nearly two months after tornadoes devastated the community, Little League volunteer Ron Remz says some of the White Sox's coaches and trainers will be in Utica tomorrow to help rebuild the town's baseball diamond.

It was on NBC 5 last night.

mike squires
06-10-2004, 09:13 AM

coaches and trainers? What about Roger?

chisoxfan79
06-10-2004, 09:27 AM
This is a great gesture by The White Sox. I live about 5 miles from Utica and have a few friends from there. They are all very happy that the Whitesox are chipping in and helping out this small community that was devastated. Thank you White Sox.

BeerHandle
06-10-2004, 09:40 AM
It was on Channel 5 this morning.

Procol Harum
06-10-2004, 09:56 AM
Kudos to the Sox for this generous move.

GoSox2K3
06-10-2004, 09:56 AM
:moron
This was another bone-headed move by the Sox. They're putting blue seats in that facility and the steepness of the new bleachers is the worst in Little League. I will constantly refer to this facility as the mini-ballmall from now on in my articles. I don't know why anyone would see a game there - there are no bars or restaurants next to the park. This facility is only about 50 miles away from William Ligue's residence - a fact that is being hushed up by the Sox.

This proves my point that the White Sox are a failed franchise and continually shoots itself in the foot.

ewokpelts
06-10-2004, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by GoSox2K3
This was another bone-headed move by the Sox. They're putting blue seats in that facility and the steepness of the new bleachers is the worst in Little League. I will constantly refer to this facility as the mini-ballmall from now on in my articles. I don't know why anyone would see a game there - there are no bars or restaurants next to the park. This facility is only about 50 miles away from William Ligue's residence - a fact that is being hushed up by the Sox.

This proves my point that the White Sox are a failed franchise and continually shoots itself in the foot.

that might have to be NOT teal....
Gene

GoSox2K3
06-10-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by ewokpelts
that might have to be teal....
Gene

Am I missing something? I did put it in teal.

ewokpelts
06-10-2004, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by GoSox2K3
Am I missing something? I did put it in teal.
meant to say NOT IN TEAL....my bad
Gene

this is exactly what I'm talking about! Sox fans are morons! If they were smart, they'd be cub fans!

hsnterprize
06-10-2004, 06:16 PM
Channel 2 did a live shot from the field in Utica in their 5 PM news this evening. Not only do I commend the station for covering the story, but also the Sox for sharing the "Sox Pride" to a town desperately needing a break from cleaning up after devastating tornadoes.

You know something...this "Sox Pride" thing could really catch on here. Can you imagine if the team, say...shot commercials with fans telling everyone what they think "Sox Pride" is? Show some of the people in Utica smiling as their kids play baseball with Sox coaches. Show little boys and girls learning how to slide into home or hit a curve ball while the town is in recovery. I smell HUGE marketing potential here. Not to mention, with all the perceptions the "downstate Illinois" market either knowing about the Cubs or the Cardinals, this is a great chance for the Sox to make some hey.

Well done, Sox!!!!!