PDA

View Full Version : Messiah getting crucified by Cards

BearSox
06-09-2004, 03:40 PM
The Messiah gives up 5 runs in 4 innings including 5 walks..............Beautiful!

Jerko
06-09-2004, 03:41 PM
Maybe he should have signed autographs last night and taken pictures with fans..............

bobj4400
06-09-2004, 03:41 PM
5-0 in the 4th. Prior's line:

3.2 IP, 5 ER, 5 H, 5 BB, 83 pitches

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 03:42 PM
uuuuuuuuuuuuhhhhhhhhhhhh take it to the Lot Yo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We dont care in the clubhouse about the Flubbies god walking on water

CubKiller
06-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Renteria knocked him out w/a grand slam.

But remember...

BearSox
06-09-2004, 03:43 PM
check that...he only lasted 3 2/3 innings

rahulsekhar
06-09-2004, 03:43 PM
Yeah, but what a gritty gutty performance by a true ace on a day in which he just didn't have his best stuff.....

Anyone know how he looked or how fast we was throwing? He's supposedly 100%healthy, and while anyone can get rocked - this could be an indication that he's not as ready as the Trib would have you believe.

TomC727
06-09-2004, 03:44 PM
My personal favorite was the grand slam he gave up to a guy
0-11 against him. That was great.

Hangar18
06-09-2004, 03:44 PM
I dont hang in the Parking Lot too much.........
But this brought a SMILE TO MY FACE.

THANKS BearSox ! :) :) :)

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by rahulsekhar
Yeah, but what a gritty gutty performance by a true ace on a day in which he just didn't have his best stuff.....

Anyone know how he looked or how fast we was throwing? He's supposedly 100%healthy, and while anyone can get rocked - this could be an indication that he's not as ready as the Trib would have you believe.

No this performance can only mean one thing to the Flub fans, Hell is freezing over!!!!!!

Rocky Soprano
06-09-2004, 03:46 PM
IP PC H ER BB K
Prior 3.2 83 5 5 5 1

83 pitches in 3.2 IP, OUCH! I guess he must of been all over the place.

Hangar18
this could be an indication that he's not as ready as the Trib would have you believe.

Come On Rahul............Why would the TRIB lie to us?

BearSox
Yeah I don't hang in the parking lot much either, I figured this would bring a smile to the clubhouse, just like your media updates do. I'm glad to see that your media updates are still in the clubhouse after a brief stint in the parking lot!

LongLiveFisk
06-09-2004, 03:48 PM
This just proves that nothing is a sure thing. Anyone can fail at any given time. Prior is not superhuman.

fado
06-09-2004, 03:50 PM
He's throwing 95-96, but he looked like he was laboring after every pitch. I think we have another cubbie media problem. Prior still looks hurt and like he's limping. "Where's your messiah now, Dusty"

Dusty didn't even give him a hug when he left the mound...

bobj4400
06-09-2004, 03:50 PM
Unfortunately, it looks like the Cubs bats will bail out the Messiah and he will avoid a loss...

Matt Morris is pitching batting practice right now...

idseer
06-09-2004, 03:51 PM
shouldn't this be in the parking lot?

i thought we were through posting cub crap in here. :?:

bobj4400
06-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by idseer

i thought we were through posting cub crap in here. :?:

I started a thread in the parking lot, but everyone is posting over here...

duke of dorwood
06-09-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by fado
He's throwing 95-96, but he looked like he was laboring after every pitch. I think we have another cubbie media problem. Prior still looks hurt and like he's limping. "Where's your messiah now, Dusty"

Dusty didn't even give him a hug when he left the mound...

But gave him tougne in the dugout

rahulsekhar
06-09-2004, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Come On Rahul............Why would the TRIB lie to us?

C'mon Hangar - surely you don't mean to impugn the integrity of the greatest journalistic bastion this country has ever seen? How could you even believe for a second that the Cubs would underreport an inju.......I mean shorten a recovery perio........I mean cover up an inju.......

PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!!!!!
(the one with his arm in a sling)

BearSox
06-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400
Unfortunately, it looks like the Cubs bats will bail out the Messiah and he will avoid a loss...

Matt Morris is pitching batting practice right now...

Atleast the Cards are into the Cubs bullpen now, i don't expect to see them stop at 5 runs

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
But gave him tougne in the dugout

:chunks

daveeym
06-09-2004, 04:11 PM
http://animatedtv.about.com/library/graphics/wiggum.jpg Ah, where's your messiah now, Flanders?

inta
06-09-2004, 04:24 PM

ROFLMAO

i swear. that is something Chip Caray would say VERBATIM.
very well done. has me still chuckling at my desk...

MRKARNO
06-09-2004, 04:31 PM
He really looks terrible. That first game he put together some great stats but he didnt look too good. I think this is a trend and not a fluke because he cant locate his fastball and the curveball doesnt look too good.

FarWestChicago
06-09-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by idseer

i thought we were through posting cub crap in here. :?: I swept out the trash as soon as I saw it, id.

soltrain21
06-09-2004, 04:37 PM
Dusty needs to learn that other teams are gonna pitch inside if the Cubs are gonna throw inside.

If Dusty wants to play dirty, than so can the opposing team..

bobj4400
06-09-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by soltrain21
Dusty needs to learn that other teams are gonna pitch inside if the Cubs are gonna throw inside.

If Dusty wants to play dirty, than so can the opposing team..

It is amazing that this guy gets away with this crap. His pitchers hit 10 pirates in 4 games last week, and when they finally retaliate Baker has a fit. Hey Dusty, what is good for the goose is good for the gander.

cadman
06-09-2004, 05:30 PM
Prior's numbers today

3 2/3 ip 5 er 5bb and only 1 so

Did anyone see this, I don't remember him having a game like that last year. Maybe we can get him for our fifth starter.

bigdommer
06-09-2004, 05:33 PM
The media will play it off as a rehab start against the best offense in the league with the wind blowing out and it will be ok if the Reds and Astros lose.

DSpivack
06-09-2004, 05:34 PM
I smell Parking Lot.

jackbrohamer
06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Cards are punishing them now, 12-4

cadman
06-09-2004, 05:42 PM
You're right, I wasn't thinking. Let's change the subject to Uribe then. I hope yesterday will break him out of the little funk he was in. When he and Harris are hitting at the top of the lineup, we are impossible to beat. I was just getting a little Jimenez vibe from him the past few games, swinging for the fences, mental errors on the bases. I hope the two homers yesterday don't convince him he's a power hitter, we just need him to get those hits.

Baby Fisk
06-09-2004, 06:09 PM
...and the Cards complete a Sox-like thrashing of the baby bears.

12-4 Final.

Prior: two starts, 0-1 record, Cubs lose both games.

inta
06-09-2004, 06:14 PM
this is only the start of what the cubs have been lucky to avoid so far this season.
they've got a ridiculously tough stretch of games ahead of them.
hopefully they're nice and tenderized for a proper sox thrashing of them by the end of this month.

JRIG
06-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by inta
this is only the start of what the cubs have been lucky to avoid so far this season.
they've got a ridiculously tough stretch of games ahead of them.
hopefully they're nice and tenderized for a proper sox thrashing of them by the end of this month.

St. Louis, Anaheim, Houston, then two series against the Sox coming up...

This is not good news for the Cubs.

MRKARNO
06-09-2004, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by JRIG

The Cubs could be headed for a June Swoon....

And the Sox could be headed for an AL Central Division Championship Season!

Key word being could though

Maximo
06-09-2004, 06:48 PM
Great game. Cubs are getting closer and closer to the abyss.

May have to force myself to listen to AM670 in the morning so that I can hear Murphy's 'spin' on the situation.

inta
06-09-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by JRIG

don't forget oakland. they face them next weekend.

and Oakland has been completely obliterating the NL Central leading reds the last 2 days...

i wish i could use that WSI chatroom "evil laugh" soundbit right now...

DrCrawdad
06-09-2004, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
The Cubs could be headed for a June Swoon....

And the Sox could be headed for an AL Central Division Championship Season!

Key word being could though

I love the fact that the Sox are in first place now. However, history prevents me from boasting (too much).

I went out for work and heard only a small portion of the Cubbie game. I wasn't aware that the messiah was pitching until I heard the radio broadcast at lunch. I tuned in just in time to hear Renteria's at bat, Hughes say that Renteria was 0-11 against the messiah. The next sound made my lunch taste even better. GRAND SLAM & THE MESSIAH SENT TO THE SHOWER!

TDog
06-10-2004, 12:27 PM
When I saw that Prior gave up a grand slam, I just assumed some fan looking for a ball he wouldn't be required to throw back had swatted away the third out from Alou on the previous pitch. I was working and haven't been able to find the excuses for Wednesday's performance.

Baby Fisk
06-10-2004, 12:32 PM
It was the big fella himself who said:

Thou shalt not worship false idols.

:cool:

Rocklive99
06-10-2004, 03:32 PM
Geez, Hawk is right about the whole media spinmaster thing. On Sportscenter, they show Derek Lee getting one up and tight, and the benches clearing, but they did leave out how earlier in the game Prior almost took So Taguchi's head off. They made it look like the Cards play dirty