PDA

View Full Version : Will we have a game tonight

quade36
06-09-2004, 03:26 PM
I am suppose to go, does anyone know the outlook???

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by quade36
I am suppose to go, does anyone know the outlook???

uuuuhhhh it starts at 7:05, be there or be square

zach23
06-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Take an umbrella, the forecast is for thunderstorms.

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 03:32 PM
60% chance

iftypofixit
06-09-2004, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by zach23
Take an umbrella, the forecast is for thunderstorms.

Don't get struck by lightning!!!

Brian26
06-09-2004, 04:03 PM
I've already been to both rainouts this year, I don't want to make it a third. Anyone have a good guess if it's worth going tonight?

zach23
06-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
I've already been to both rainouts this year, I don't want to make it a third. Anyone have a good guess if it's worth going tonight?

I was at both too. If I had tickets tonight I would still go and wait it out. They said it would rain late last night too and it never did.

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by zach23
I was at both too. If I had tickets tonight I would still go and wait it out. They said it would rain late last night too and it never did.

I will repeat as above. a 60% chance of storms

Jerko
06-09-2004, 04:07 PM
Well, the weather is supposed to be iffy for the next 4 days, and the Sox are playing teams that don't come back again, and they already had 2 doubleheaders. I think they're gonna have to try to get every game in on schedule. Yes, I think there will be a game tonight, but it may be a late one.

zach23
06-09-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
I will repeat as above. a 60% chance of storms

Gotcha, thats why I said I would still go.....but bring rain gear just in case.

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Jerko
Well, the weather is supposed to be iffy for the next 4 days, and the Sox are playing teams that don't come back again, and they already had 2 doubleheaders. I think they're gonna have to try to get every game in on schedule. Yes, I think there will be a game tonight, but it may be a late one.
I think it will be OK, we are only suppose to get storms for the next 4 days and we all know what that means in Chicago, it can be a rain delay in right field while left is sunny and balmy, I think they wont have any major issues over the next fews days maybe a delay or two.

patbooyah
06-09-2004, 04:16 PM
i was at a rainout last time i came. tonight is my last chance to go to a sox game until they are in anaheim.

please noooooooooooo!

zach23
06-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by patbooyah
i was at a rainout last time i came. tonight is my last chance to go to a sox game until they are in anaheim.

please noooooooooooo!

Don't worry, I put down a whole bunch of Scott's Patch Master on the bare spots in my lawn this past weekend. It has to be watered 2 or 3 times a day so it doesn't dry out. That almost guarantees it won't rain so that my lazy self is forced to go out there with the hose every morning, afternoon and evening.

MRKARNO
06-09-2004, 04:25 PM
I can almost guarentee that there wont be a rainout unless this one big storm cell comes over and just sits on top of the Chicago area. The Phils dont come back and the Sox try as hard as possible not to cancel games

nasox
06-09-2004, 05:01 PM
The thing about this weather is that we have an extremely hot, humid, moisture-filled air mass in the area right now. Hot, muggy air tends to be much more unstable than colder, "frigid" air masses. Now, a cold, or cooler air mass is approaching from the northwest and therefore, there will be a "fight" for between to air masses for the area (from Wyoming to Maine really). That fight will produce heavy rain, thunderstorms all over, and possibly severe weather (that includes the many tornadoes we are likely to see in the next 2-3 days). So brace yourself, because while a much appreciated cooldown will occur in the next few days, the direct result of that will be some severe weather. I am sure most of you know this: Hot air+cold air=tornadoes. So beware.

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by nasox
The thing about this weather is that we have an extremely hot, humid, moisture-filled air mass in the area right now. Hot, muggy air tends to be much more unstable than colder, "frigid" air masses. Now, a cold, or cooler air mass is approaching from the northwest and therefore, there will be a "fight" for between to air masses for the area (from Wyoming to Maine really). That fight will produce heavy rain, thunderstorms all over, and possibly severe weather (that includes the many tornadoes we are likely to see in the next 2-3 days). So brace yourself, because while a much appreciated cooldown will occur in the next few days, the direct result of that will be some severe weather. I am sure most of you know this: Hot air+cold air=tornadoes. So beware.

Mister Skilling is that you???? :)

nasox
06-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
Mister Skilling is that you???? :)

I am an avid follower of weather systems and meteorology. I've read many books on it. I wish I was Tom! :)

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by nasox
I am an avid follower of weather systems and meteorology. I've read many books on it. I wish I was Tom! :)

:hawk
"I Love the weather....MERCY!!"

BeerHandle
06-09-2004, 05:21 PM
4:20 pm and it is sunny downtown.

Over By There
06-09-2004, 05:45 PM
I'm going tonight and have been keeping an eye on the radar all day. Looks like lots of little cells (if I have the terminology right) scattered over the middle part of the country. I'd imagine we'll have a delay here or there, unfortunately. :(: