PDA

View Full Version : crede bashers

idseer
06-09-2004, 10:42 AM
ok ... crede is not doing so well. however ..... he's doing better than cameron! :D:

side note to those who still think we should have cameron instead of konerko ..................... WRONG!

jshanahanjr
06-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Everbody want's Crede to do well, but he's not. Hopefully he will get hot soon because the Sox need him.

P.S. Cameron is on my fantasy teams bench while Konerko tears it up.

munchman33
06-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by idseer
side note to those who still think we should have cameron instead of konerko ..................... WRONG!

It's a lot easier to find a first basemen with power than a center fielder with power who also plays great defense. As much as I like Paulie, there's no way I make that trade today.

jshanahanjr
06-09-2004, 11:38 AM
Cameron had a few good years but he has really fallen off with the bat.

IlliniSox
06-09-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by munchman33
It's a lot easier to find a first basemen with power than a center fielder with power who also plays great defense. As much as I like Paulie, there's no way I make that trade today.

Sorry, but .200 hitting outfielders have no place in the American League Today. The 3-5 hits a Cameron type might take away won't cut it.

Blueprint1
06-09-2004, 12:31 PM
What happend to the Crede crew???

pudge
06-09-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1

Good question! I think they should become the Uribe Crew.

Hangar18
06-09-2004, 02:41 PM
I see Josh Fields on the Horizon ........................

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Blueprint1

They figured watching paint dry was more exciting than a Crede at-bat, so they do that now.

sas1974
06-09-2004, 03:01 PM
Wills mentioned this a bit on the post game last night, but we're REALLY going to need Joe to step up during interleague road games when we lose PK or Frank's bat. If he can't step up, it's going to be time for Ozzie to do some serious tinkering to find a lineup w/ some pop in it.

TaylorStSox
06-09-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I see Josh Fields on the Horizon ........................

:?: :?: :?:

MRKARNO
06-09-2004, 03:29 PM
The more Crede continues to get off to these ridiculously bad starts, the less reluctant the White Sox will be to keep Fields at third base.

hold2dibber
06-09-2004, 04:40 PM
ok ... crede is not doing so well. however ..... he's doing better than cameron! :D:

Not sure why you're comparing Crede and Cameron, but ... I'd say Cameron has been marginally better this year (although that's like saying horse crap tastes better than dog crap -- they've both been absolutely atrocious). Here are their respective stats, (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp?box6=XXXX150317chaX&section1=8&statType=1&sortByStat=SLG&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2004&baseballScope=mlb&isCompare=true&sitSplit=&venueID=&teamPosCode=all&box1=XXXX111904nynO&checkBoxTotal=0&compare.x=&statSet1=1) if anyone is interested.

MRKARNO
06-09-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
Not sure why you're comparing Crede and Cameron, but ... I'd say Cameron has been marginally better this year (although that's like saying horse crap tastes better than dog crap -- they've both been absolutely atrocious). Here are their respective stats, (http://mlb.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/mlb/stats/mlb_sortable_player_stats.jsp?box6=XXXX150317chaX&section1=8&statType=1&sortByStat=SLG&timeFrame=1&timeSubFrame=2004&baseballScope=mlb&isCompare=true&sitSplit=&venueID=&teamPosCode=all&box1=XXXX111904nynO&checkBoxTotal=0&compare.x=&statSet1=1) if anyone is interested.

At least Cameron can take a walk every so often....

lowesox
06-09-2004, 04:58 PM
Yeah, there's a lot of people who are hard on Crede right now. Just like in past years, there was a lot of people down on Garland - but not too many of them anymore.

If we're patient with these guys they'll come around.

Whitesox029
06-09-2004, 05:52 PM

The subject of my very first post at WSI. I took PK's side of course, and this was when Cameron was homering 7 times a game and everyone was against me.

RedPinStripes
06-09-2004, 07:15 PM
I'm tough on Crede. Only because I'm a huge fan of his. I'm just getting sick of watching terrible at bats over and over again. Looks like me up there at times. :D:

pearso66
06-09-2004, 07:27 PM
I would still trade cameron for Konerko. Sure cameron might be decent in the field, but he is vastly overrated at the plate. Everyone always remembers his 4 homer game vs. us but nothing else. He is a guy that is all D no O. I'd take a pass on him every time.