PDA

View Full Version : Sutcliffe--Dodges Another Question

Philo-Sox-er
06-09-2004, 11:12 AM
Right now Sutcliffe is doing a live ESPN chat and I posted the firt question and his response was, well, non-responsive... Read for yourself:

Rick Sutcliffe: (11:03 AM ET ) Hello everybody, welcome to interleague play. My soapbox today pertains to interleague play, i'm interested to hear your thoughts!

Paulie (Chicago): : Rick, as a veteran of the Chicago baseball scene and with interleague action now in bloom, what are your thoughts on the White Sox-Cubs matchup this year? The Sox are in 1st and their bats are red-hot while the cubs are struggling...

Rick Sutcliffe: (11:07 AM ET ) That's part of what my Soapbox is about. Oveall, I"m against interleague b/c I think there are too many games. I would like to see each team get one series home and away. Keep the exciting ones -- KC v. St. Louis, Chicago-Chicago, NY v. NY. There are too many that people don't care about. There are NL teams keeping a DH on the roster instead of keeping a younger more deserving player juust for these days. I've seen enough of AL pitchers trying to hit. That should be on Comedy Central not on ESPN. I mean, Blue Jays and Dodgers -- who cares. Arizona and Baltimore -- who cares. I'm not against it totally, but I just think there are too many games. BUT, as i said, Im interested in what everybody thinks. I was against the Wild Card when it first came out and admittedly -- I couldn't have been more wrong. So, we'll see.

Coward!

SEALgep
06-09-2004, 11:14 AM
Sutcliffe, who you crappin? :D:

Hangar18
06-09-2004, 11:18 AM
Did that really just happen? YOU JUST MORANDINI'ed HIM!
He basically is saying
" well paulie, thats a great question, unfortuneately, as a LAZY member of the Media, Ive been too busy GUSHING about a cubby world series to have paid attention to any other team in the league"

Philo-Sox-er
06-09-2004, 11:20 AM
Here's the link to the live chat...still going on now:

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=5352#bottom

Philo-Sox-er
06-09-2004, 11:25 AM
That jakass fled! He only stayed on for 19 minutes! Gammons and Morgan usually go for at least half an hour, but usually an hour! What an ass!

He must not have liked my follow up questions!

RustyKuntz
06-09-2004, 11:29 AM
Obviously he had an agenda to talk about how he doesn't like interleague play. Or as he called it, his "soapbox."

I don't blame him for wanting to get right into it. But he shouldn't take questions right away if he knows he won't answer them.

I don't think he was "dodging" the question or a "coward." He just had a one-track mind regarding the topic he wanted to discuss.

Incidently, I agree with him. Interleague play is a boring waste of time.

Philo-Sox-er
06-09-2004, 11:32 AM
one track mind=moron

If you can't articulate your point while answerign impromptu questions, you're a moron.

He could have easily said, while I disagree with interleague play, since it does matter this season, I think the Sox-Flubs series will...

There are many ways he could have turned the question to also communicate his pre-thought diatribe.

Coward, maybe; moron, indeed.

BeerHandle
06-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by Philo-Sox-er
Right now Sutcliffe is doing a live ESPN chat and I posted the firt question and his response was, well, non-responsive... Read for yourself:

Coward!

I can't believe he did not answer the question!

compy75
06-09-2004, 08:15 PM
These guys never answer a question directly...ok maybe Crasnick and Morgan get close. I have a huge streak of my questions getting on. I usually post under Joe (Yardley or Chicago) and send in a few. Last week I asked Morgan if Franks resurgence was like Griffeys. He seemed to forget that Frank got hurt in 2001....