PDA

View Full Version : Mags back before All-Star break?

skottyj242
06-09-2004, 09:52 AM
When asked if he could be back by the break Mags responded: "Maybe, yeah." I know it was just a "little tear" but is this humanly possible? Is he in that good of shape that he could come back that soon? If so do we want him back that soon as to not rush it and further injure it before the playoffs?

Hangar18
06-09-2004, 09:57 AM
Just heard this ....................... VERY GOOD NEWS

Dadawg_77
06-09-2004, 09:58 AM
Mags isn't a doc, so till Herm and company say somthing, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Just get Mags 100% and ready for the stretch run.

SEALgep
06-09-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by Dadawg_77
Mags isn't a doc, so till Herm and company say somthing, I wouldn't put too much stock into it. Just get Mags 100% and ready for the stretch run. But they said 4-7 weeks, and if he is in the four range, that's before the break. It's certainly possible, and I'm sure they've communicated that to Maggs for him to say it.

daveeym
06-09-2004, 10:03 AM
With something as minor as this, more of the recovery time is due to the scope and the swelling that results from it. A football player would probably be back in two weeks from this type of surgery so Maggs back before the ASG is more than likely.

CHISOXFAN13
06-09-2004, 10:08 AM
I heard Farmer mention that Maggs could be back by the Fourth of July night game at the Shrine.

That seems a bit early to me, but I would take it.

steff
06-09-2004, 10:46 AM
I got a chance to talk to him in Suite 33 last night.. good spirits, walking fine. Said he has no more pain and is very eager to get into rehabbing. He said by all indications he'll be back within a month. Jerry was there, too. They were laughing it up pretty good.

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by steff
I got a chance to talk to him in Suite 33 last night.. good spirits, walking fine. Said he has no more pain and is very eager to get into rehabbing. He said by all indications he'll be back within a month. Jerry was there, too. They were laughing it up pretty good.

Man I'm gonna have to hang with you, you get all the inside scoops

Jerko
06-09-2004, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere

Yeah, but she's no Otis!

bobj4400
06-09-2004, 10:50 AM

Where is Suite 33 located?

steff
06-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by bobj4400

Upper level. Above press row.

steff
06-09-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere

Right place at the right time. It was hysterical though. Jim was like "geez.. we can't go anywhere you don't run into him or Kenny!!" Jerry was very cool. He was visiting in a lot of boxes with people.

steff
06-09-2004, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Yeah, but she's no Otis!

I'm not even going to post what was said about the latest otis rumor...

DaveIsHere
06-09-2004, 10:57 AM
I'm not even going to post what was said about the latest otis rumor...

OK, who or what is Otis?

Philo-Sox-er
06-09-2004, 10:58 AM
You see this quote from Ozzie? It was posted on:
http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/teams/report/CHW/7399706

"He's all right. We're in 2004. Knee surgery is like pulling your teeth out. Before it took like 20 years to come back, now it's a couple of days. But I don't want to talk about Magglio. Magglio's not part of my team. I don't care about Magglio. He's out of here and I have to worry about my 25 guys here. I hope he's doing all right." -- Manager Ozzie Guillen on the June 5 knee surgery done on OF Magglio Ordonez. Ordonez is expected to miss four to six weeks.

eurotrash35
06-09-2004, 10:59 AM
steff, sorry this is such a noob question but how do you get such great seats? do you work for a company with a luxury box?

bobj4400
06-09-2004, 11:03 AM
Right place at the right time. It was hysterical though. Jim was like "geez.. we can't go anywhere you don't run into him or Kenny!!" Jerry was very cool. He was visiting in a lot of boxes with people.

I wish he would have been on the lower level and stopped into 224. It would have been great to talk to JR for a minute!

steff
06-09-2004, 11:11 AM
Originally posted by eurotrash35
steff, sorry this is such a noob question but how do you get such great seats? do you work for a company with a luxury box?

Nope. Just luck.

eurotrash35
06-09-2004, 11:22 AM
Nope. Just luck.

if that's you on the left in your sig maybe it's not luck after all :smile:

steff
06-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by eurotrash35
if that's you on the left in your sig maybe it's not luck after all :smile:

Awwww... thanks! :D:

ukigdog
06-09-2004, 12:43 PM
stepp.

so is the otis stuff just that, rumors, or did you hear what he was saying from JR??

Lip Man 1
06-09-2004, 01:06 PM
That would be most welcome news.

Lip

Dadawg_77
06-09-2004, 01:08 PM
I just don't want Mags to repeat Sexon's mistake of coming back too early.

Hangar18
06-09-2004, 02:30 PM

I didnt know You could speak SPANISH Steff?

Hangar18
06-09-2004, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by bobj4400

Suite 33 is Located next to Hangar 18 heh heh

steff
06-10-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
I didnt know You could speak SPANISH Steff?

What does speaking spanish have to do with anything...? Maggs speaks english just fine.

steff
06-10-2004, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by ukigdog
stepp.

so is the otis stuff just that, rumors, or did you hear what he was saying from JR??

I'm not crappin on Otis.. I know he wouldn't intentionally post BS. I think his source maybe got a bit ahead of themselves in passing along some information though.

I specifically asked about CC... and the response I got was "what do you think..? You think Cleveland would trade him to us..?" At which point I felt like a total moron, but hey.. it had to be asked. :D: Besides.. I think he was relieved that was all I asked. I sensed he was lookin out for the wavin' "finger". :)

Iwritecode
06-10-2004, 12:27 PM
I'm not crappin on Otis.. I know he wouldn't intentionally post BS. I think his source maybe got a bit ahead of themselves in passing along some information though.

I specifically asked about CC... and the response I got was "what do you think..? You think Cleveland would trade him to us..?" At which point I felt like a total moron, but hey.. it had to be asked. :D: Besides.. I think he was relieved that was all I asked. I sensed he was lookin out for the wavin' "finger". :)

"Now Kenny"
- Steff at Soxfest 2004

:)

Honestly, I'd rather have Garcia or Sheets over CC. Too bad you didn't ask about them instead...

steff
06-10-2004, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode
"Now Kenny"
- Steff at Soxfest 2004

:)

Honestly, I'd rather have Garcia or Sheets over CC. Too bad you didn't ask about them instead...

"Excuse me... I'm not done..... "

Iwritecode
06-10-2004, 12:33 PM
We better give credit to the right person...

"Excuse me... I'm not done..... "
- A female fan at Soxfest 2004

:D: