PDA

View Full Version : Did you know...Mark Buehrle?

bigdommer
06-09-2004, 09:32 AM
BurlyMon has gotten incredible run support this year, especially at home. And last night, his offense got him a win despite Mark giving up 6 runs. The offense also saved him a loss at home against Tampa and at Baltimore.

Did you know, BurlyMon has has lost 3 wins to blown saves? Mark could be 9-1 right now, and an early favorite for the Cy Young. We all remember opening day when Mark pitched well and Damaso blew the save. We also remember Oakland, where Mark pitched very well and Billy blew the save. The Sox lost both games. But Damaso also blew a save against Toronto, giving up a run in the 8th to tie the game. Fortunately, the Sox came back and won.

I am not complaining, but I am just letting all of Mark's doubters out there know how that numbers can be deceiving. What do you guys think?

delben91
06-09-2004, 09:34 AM
Buehrle is, quite frankly, the rock of this staff. He may not be "ace" depending on your definition, but he along with Loaiza, Schoeneweis and Garland are all so solid that it's more surprising when they don't supply a quality start than it is when they do.

Solid outings by the Sox starters have now become "routine" with Buehrle taking the lead. I love it.

pearso66
06-09-2004, 07:20 PM
Did you also know that Mark was cut from the JV baseball team his freshman and sophomore year of HS. And then he wasn't going to try out his junior year, but his parents made him. Scary how close we were to not having him. Check it out on whitesox.com under the title, sox questions and answers, or somethin like that

batmanZoSo
06-10-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by pearso66
Did you also know that Mark was cut from the JV baseball team his freshman and sophomore year of HS. And then he wasn't going to try out his junior year, but his parents made him. Scary how close we were to not having him. Check it out on whitesox.com under the title, sox questions and answers, or somethin like that

Yeah, I always liked that little story. Eight years ago we didn't even know he existed, but our future ace was getting cut from his HS team. Strrrrange world we live in.