PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts by Batman

batmanZoSo
06-09-2004, 01:08 AM
I brought this up in chat tonight but I thought I should bring it up again.

During the game tonight I found myself in a Hangar situation. In a public place of consumption where sports abound and have only good things to tell. It wasn't a bar, it was Hooters, but that's like a bar...and they do have one. I walked in and there were 13 tv's in the place..while ten of them were carrying the Sox game. Granted this was Lansing on the south side (not Michigan :cool: ), so you would expect it to be Sox-happy. But that really isn't the case in the south suburbs. South side, maybe, but in the suburbs it's pretty much 50/50. Both teams had just started, yet the Sox got a near monopoly on the TV coverage in the restuarant. There were no cub paraphernalia in the house, but several sox hats. And one rowdy table watching the game. Two TVs on the ends had an ESPN program and one tucked behind the bar was carrying the other game. So the other team got beat out by Outside the Lines or something of that nature.

It's good to see people realize the importance of a first place/first place game compared to a battle for fourth. Or rather it's good to see a place with a majority Sox fan demo outside of 35th and Shields.

The point--it's not all cubbie land out there. And we're not flying under anyone's radar as seen by the crowd tonight.

Evidence number 321245 why all the Sox need to do is have their games MEAN something to get recognition and attention. ESPN even highlighted this Philly game before it went on.

StockdaleForVeep
06-09-2004, 02:25 AM
How were the wings?

batmans a scientist?

OzzieBall2004
06-09-2004, 02:35 AM
Dude, the made up shingo quotes arent cuttin it....

More power to you if you wanna keep doing it, Parcells....

Railsplitter
06-09-2004, 08:09 AM
I don't think you'll ever see a TV news crew there.

fledgedrallycap
06-09-2004, 08:24 AM
I have not been to a Hooter's this season, but last year the Vernon Hills Hoot always advertised as being the home of Chicago White Sox baseball; and had big banners, neon signs, etc.. There are an aweful lot of Hooter's that are not set-up very well for sports viewing, but this one is and always had the Sox on TV.

There may be a franchise agreement with the Sox and Hooters.

bennyw41
06-09-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by OzzieBall2004
Dude, the made up shingo quotes arent cuttin it....

More power to you if you wanna keep doing it, Parcells....

How dare you question his humor?

Someone owes me an apology...

Hangar18
06-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap

Ive always said, OPEN YEAR ROUND/ENTRANCE FROM BOTH SIDES, Bars/Restaurants on LF Concourse, namely a HOOTERS.

soxnut
06-09-2004, 11:40 AM
It's nice to hear that a restaurant/bar in my neighborhood is doing the right thing. :D:

ozzman
06-09-2004, 11:44 AM
There is an agreement. If you look on the screens where the retired numbers used to be, they show the hooters logo a few times a game. Hooters also usually sponsors a hat giveaway or something during the year. Also, there are commercials that it is the official place to watch away games.

pinwheels3530
06-09-2004, 02:20 PM
Maybe the Sox can put a Hooters outside gate 3 where the current Fundamentals area is located.

CanOfCorn
06-09-2004, 02:27 PM
Fundabags?

StockdaleForVeep
06-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
I have not been to a Hooter's this season, but last year the Vernon Hills Hoot always advertised as being the home of Chicago White Sox baseball; and had big banners, neon signs, etc.. There are an aweful lot of Hooter's that are not set-up very well for sports viewing, but this one is and always had the Sox on TV.

Speaking of Hooters, anyone notice on the news today about the new Hooters airline soon to be takin off from gary i believe. I may be takin trips to south carolina simply for the "airline food" now.