PDA

View Full Version : Subway

South Side
06-09-2004, 01:44 AM
Is everyone planning on making a trip to Subway and ordering Ozzie's sandwich?

HomeFish
06-09-2004, 01:46 AM
What do you ask for?

nitetrain8601
06-09-2004, 01:49 AM
I did yesterday. It's okay. I rather go to Potbelly's though.

MRKARNO
06-09-2004, 01:50 AM
what's on it?

batmanZoSo
06-09-2004, 01:55 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
what's on it?

I think it's turkey and beef. Both manager sandwiches are lame. Is this all they can come up with? That should already BE a sandwich at a sub shack. Ozzie's sub should be chipotle chicken with roasted poblano peppers and chihuahua cheese. On spicy pepper jack bread. Hey, I'm hungry now.

I'll be back in a bit.

StockdaleForVeep
06-09-2004, 03:23 AM
Why do i have the disgusted feeling the scrubs are gonna hire jared to come and eat bakers sandwich and say how he lost more weight from it.

It would be funny if he took a bite and puked from the taste, then we can say "Subway, how you REALLY can lose the weight"

Railsplitter
06-09-2004, 08:29 AM
The commercial I saw for it had turkey, ham, and bacon on the Ozzie sandwhich. Certainly worth a try.

FJA
06-09-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Railsplitter
The commercial I saw for it had turkey, ham, and bacon on the Ozzie sandwhich. Certainly worth a try.

It's turkey, beef and bacon ... I had it yesterday, and it's actually very good. :D:

In case you're interested, Dusty's sandwich is a less appealing (IMO) ham and pepperoni combo.

ewokpelts
06-09-2004, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I think it's turkey and beef. Both manager sandwiches are lame. Is this all they can come up with? That should already BE a sandwich at a sub shack. Ozzie's sub should be chipotle chicken with roasted poblano peppers and chihuahua cheese. On spicy pepper jack bread. Hey, I'm hungry now.

I'll be back in a bit.

it is thier club sammich...iordered it and my reciept sed " club" on it.
Gene

whitesoxwilkes
06-09-2004, 06:28 PM
Had a Southsider today. Damned tasty with red onions, pickles, black olives, lettuce and honey mustard on it.

ewokpelts
06-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes
Had a Southsider today. Damned tasty with red onions, pickles, black olives, lettuce and honey mustard on it.

I add feta cheez to mine.
Gene

Muopsies
06-09-2004, 06:33 PM
Does the dusty come with suggestions on how to avoid paying taxes?

batmanZoSo
06-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by whitesoxwilkes

I just got back from Subway...I went with the turkey on honey oat myself, but a woman and two kids ordered three "Southsiders" and when the guy asked later "so you guys like the Sox or...."

"Noooo, just the sandwich."

Actually since I found out what it really is--turkey, beef, bacon, it sounds good.

mdep524
06-09-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Muopsies
Does the dusty come with suggestions on how to avoid paying taxes?

No, but I did hear it doesn't come on white bread, because it wouldn't last as long if you ate it outside on a hot summer day like yesterday. :cool:

StockdaleForVeep
06-09-2004, 08:03 PM
I just got back from Subway...I went with the turkey on honey oat myself, but a woman and two kids ordered three "Southsiders" and when the guy asked later "so you guys like the Sox or...."

"Noooo, just the sandwich."

Actually since I found out what it really is--turkey, beef, bacon, it sounds good.
\

Since the majority of the world is oblivious, i wonder if someone walks in with an Guillen jersey, will they get a free sammich because you claim yer the owner.

Railsplitter
06-09-2004, 10:55 PM
Had the Southsider with lettuce, tomatoes, and pickels. It was good.

ode to veeck
06-09-2004, 11:15 PM
cant bring myself to eat at subway--if I have to do fast food its usually the double/double from In N Out

Maracucho
06-09-2004, 11:40 PM

I'll be back in a bit.

Just to clarify, Ozzie is actually Venezuelan, not Mexican. So his sandwich might be made from Carne Mechada and Caraotas Negras, which is shredded meat prepared with a tomato, garlic, pepper and onion sauce and black beans. All that with fried plantain and shredded white cheese on the side... Not precisely the most healthy meal you can have, but boy is it delicious

batmanZoSo
06-10-2004, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by Maracucho
Just to clarify, Ozzie is actually Venezuelan, not Mexican. So his sandwich might be made from Carne Mechada and Caraotas Negras, which is shredded meat prepared with a tomato, garlic, pepper and onion sauce and black beans. All that with fried plantain and shredded white cheese on the side... Not precisely the most healthy meal you can have, but boy is it delicious

I don't know what they eat in Venezuela....sounds pretty good though.

ewokpelts
06-10-2004, 11:15 AM
I don't know what they eat in Venezuela....sounds pretty good though.

food?