PDA

View Full Version : Frank leading in OBP, 2nd in SLG

compy75
06-08-2004, 11:35 PM
After tonight's solid performance, I headed to the ole ESPN sortable statistics.

Well amazingly enough Frank now leads the AL in OBP at .471.

More shocking, however, is that he is 2nd in SLG%! He is right behind Manny at .614 where Manny is at .637. Of course, this translates to Frank to leading the AL in OPS. Let's hope this all keeps up and we can keep rolling against the Phils.

For the record other Sox among the top 50 in OPS.

Uribe 10th .927
Konerko 14th .904
Maggs 19th .891
Valentin 27th .863

Not bad, Jose surprised me.

elrod
06-08-2004, 11:59 PM
Konerko at 14th is very impressive. He has the most HRs and RBIs for any first baseman in the AL. Uribe probably drove his OPS up tonight with 2 HRs, a double and a walk.

compy75
06-09-2004, 12:01 AM
The OPS is including tonight's games. ESPN is right on the ball, pretty impressive I must say. I wonder if any of the 33k voted for the AS game, we really need to get Frank in.

elrod
06-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Yes, ESPN does a nice job with their stats.

The Sox team OPS is still way up there.

compy75
06-09-2004, 12:08 AM
The Sox team OPS is still way up there.

Just checked, and Sox lead the MLB/AL in OPS no thanks to Frank and the bunch.

Here is the AL:

Chisox .827
Yanks .813
Texas .807
Boston .802
Detroit
Anaheim
Cleveland
Baltimore
Oakland
Minnesota .754
KC
Toronto
Seattle
TB

Not Surprise Colorado sneaks into the top 5 in MLB b/w Yanks and Texas.

elrod
06-09-2004, 12:18 AM
Add the pitching stats and we should be the best team in baseball.

voodoochile
06-09-2004, 06:08 AM
Just wanted to point out that Frank is also hitting .304. Someone has been making the comment that he will never sniff .300 again. I am waiting to see if they will own up and acknowledge their mistake...

Palehose13
06-09-2004, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile
Just wanted to point out that Frank is also hitting .304. Someone has been making the comment that he will never sniff .300 again. I am waiting to see if they will own up and acknowledge their mistake...

I heard some dumbask on the score last week saying something about Frank's stats. I think they were trying to compliment him by saying that he will hit 30+ HR's for the next 5 years, but his BA will never go above .300 again. I hope he proves all the critics wrong!

Anyone know who it was? I usually can only hear parts of B&B and North and Buffone.

idseer
06-09-2004, 10:25 AM

it's not a mistake until the season is over voodoo. you should know that. :smile:

Dadawg_77
06-09-2004, 11:55 AM
Frank is also leading the AL in EQA. He is second behind Bond for MLB.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/statistics/eqa.html

StepsInSC
06-09-2004, 01:12 PM

just for the record... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33386&highlight=will+frank+ever+.300)

:)

voodoochile
06-09-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by idseer
it's not a mistake until the season is over voodoo. you should know that. :smile:

No, that was not implied. It was merely stated that Frank wouldn't ever hit .300 again. Now if it happens the first few weeks, I agree it doesn't count, but here we are in June and Frank is over .300 and heating up.

batmanZoSo
06-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
just for the record... (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=33386&highlight=will+frank+ever+.300)

:)

Whattya know, old Batman proven wise yet again...

If Thomas gets some protection he can hit .300 this year. The reason he hit .267 last year was because A) he started out bad, and B) in the second half he openly declared he was gonna try to hit home runs. This year he's not doing that, he's taking the walks. With 130 free passes, you don't need too many hits to get .300. He needs to rediscover the blooper to right field. That doesn't require much bat speed.

You can put it on the board :smile:

idseer
06-09-2004, 06:54 PM
No, that was not implied. It was merely stated that Frank wouldn't ever hit .300 again. Now if it happens the first few weeks, I agree it doesn't count, but here we are in June and Frank is over .300 and heating up.

implied? i just said he'll never hit .300 again. did i need to add 'this year' and the ones after that?

june doesn't count either ... or july or august for that matter. the question is will he hit .300 again. i say he won't. but we'll see.

gosox41
06-09-2004, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by compy75
After tonight's solid performance, I headed to the ole ESPN sortable statistics.

Well amazingly enough Frank now leads the AL in OBP at .471.

More shocking, however, is that he is 2nd in SLG%! He is right behind Manny at .614 where Manny is at .637. Of course, this translates to Frank to leading the AL in OPS. Let's hope this all keeps up and we can keep rolling against the Phils.

For the record other Sox among the top 50 in OPS.

Uribe 10th .927
Konerko 14th .904
Maggs 19th .891
Valentin 27th .863

Not bad, Jose surprised me.

Not those Billy Beane statistics. They don't measure anything. You must be an FOBB to throw those stats around like that.

Good to see Frank is up where he belongs. He was one of the top players in OPS last year. Hopefully this year it translates to an All Star game for Frank.

For those who haven't, remember to vote for him when you're at the game or online. You can vote 25 times per e-mail address. So let's live up to the old Chicago way!

Bob