PDA

View Full Version : Cedeno spits in Rick Reed's face.


Grobber33
06-08-2004, 11:54 PM
We may have had the sequel of Alomar-Hirschbeck tonight on the North Side as Roger Cedeno moisturized Plate Ump Rick Reed. I have the story and Reed quotes at www.grobber.com in the Cub story which is under the Sox story.

34rancher
06-09-2004, 12:08 AM
I saw the event Les, I think he was just heated and accidently spit. I thought it was pretty much BS the way he was ejected. I agree that he was told to get into the box, but when he cracked the bat on the plate, what did the ump want him to do?

Grobber33
06-09-2004, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by 34rancher
I saw the event Les, I think he was just heated and accidently spit. I thought it was pretty much BS the way he was ejected. I agree that he was told to get into the box, but when he cracked the bat on the plate, what did the ump want him to do?

Just telling you what Mr.Umpire said.. My job was to get Rick Reed's version,which is what Bob Watson is going to get. Of course Cedeno is going to say it was an accident---he has to or he'd get hammered the way Robby Alomar did.

jabrch
06-09-2004, 12:28 AM
Cedeno is a pud. I am so glad we didn't get him.

CWSGuy406
06-09-2004, 12:36 AM
So - Grobber - is it just a coincidence that when the Cubs and the Sox have a game at the same time on the same night, there are no fights at the South Side? Perhaps all the party-boys went up to the northside, leaving the fans down on the southside? :o:

cheeses_h_rice
06-09-2004, 12:52 AM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
So - Grobber - is it just a coincidence that when the Cubs and the Sox have a game at the same time on the same night, there are no fights at the South Side? Perhaps all the party-boys went up to the northside, leaving the fans down on the southside? :o:

CWS, it has everything to do with the new beer policy and larger security presence in the outfield, trust me. (Though, admittedly, I saw no one wearing Kubbie Klown Blue tonight.)

CWSGuy406
06-09-2004, 01:06 AM
May I ask what the new beer policy is?

hose
06-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Hey so the Cubs are in town ........didn't notice :D: .

voodoochile
06-09-2004, 07:16 AM
Originally posted by CWSGuy406
May I ask what the new beer policy is?

No vendors in the aisles and people are limited to one beer per person actually at the booth.

TommyJohn
06-09-2004, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Grobber33
Just telling you what Mr.Umpire said.. My job was to get Rick Reed's version,which is what Bob Watson is going to get. Of course Cedeno is going to say it was an accident---he has to or he'd get hammered the way Robby Alomar did.

Hammered? He got suspended for the first 5 games of the
NEXT season, and was allowed to play in the playoffs.
You call that hammered?

Jerko
06-09-2004, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Grobber33
Just telling you what Mr.Umpire said.. My job was to get Rick Reed's version,which is what Bob Watson is going to get. Of course Cedeno is going to say it was an accident---he has to or he'd get hammered the way Robby Alomar did.

True, that's how Alou got out of it when he "accidentally" spit on that umpire's "shoe" that one time...................

ma_deuce
06-09-2004, 10:45 AM
There is no spitting in baseball, unless your chewing backie or eating seeds. Suspend his disgusting ass...

Deuce

santo=dorf
06-09-2004, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Grobber33
We may have had the sequel of Alomar-Hirschbeck tonight on the North Side

Actually, the sequel was last year during the 5 game Cubs-Cards series. After Alfonseca bumped one of the umpires, Moises Alou "moisen" one of them by spitting on him.

ma_deuce
06-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by santo=dorf
After Alfonseca bumped one of the umpires, Moises Alou "moisen" one of them by spitting on him.

It could have been worse... Moises could have touched him with his pee-soaked hands.

Deuce

Grobber33
06-12-2004, 12:05 PM
Now that Cedeno's been suspended(Alou never was since the Umpire admitted there was nothing intentional on his part)it's obvious that Baseball is convinced Cedeno spit in Reed's face in purpose. He's not getting ripped the way Alomar was however which is interesting. Everyone in New York and St.Louis will tell you Cedeno is a goofball.

TommyJohn
06-13-2004, 02:17 AM
Now that Cedeno's been suspended(Alou never was since the Umpire admitted there was nothing intentional on his part)it's obvious that Baseball is convinced Cedeno spit in Reed's face in purpose. He's not getting ripped the way Alomar was however which is interesting. Everyone in New York and St.Louis will tell you Cedeno is a goofball.He's probably not getting ripped because he didn't make any statements like
Alomar did. I think Alomar took a beating because he spit, then he made the
comments about the ump (Hirschbeck, I think) being "bitter" over his son's
death. I think that is what upset people in Alomar's case.