06-08-2004, 10:05 PM
Sox Win!

:bandance:

Iguana775
06-08-2004, 10:06 PM
:supernana:

ChiSox7
06-08-2004, 10:07 PM
Awesome win. lots of offense. woulda been sweet to spread that around, but we stay in first place. Wish it was by more tho......

How the hell do the twins keep getting so friggin lucky. they are playing like crap, to the tune of 11 runs in FOUR games, and they won THREE of those games. Unreal. I would pay money to be able to win low scoring close games like that. We lost 4 of them last week, while the twins have won 3 of their last four and they aren't even playing well. BAH.

Good win for us though!

Frankfan4life
06-08-2004, 10:08 PM
Whew! That cool breeze was a big collective sigh of relief from White Sox fans! It sure feels good to win!!! :D:

idseer
06-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by ChiSox7
Awesome win. lots of offense. woulda been sweet to spread that around, but we stay in first place. Wish it was by more tho......

How the hell do the twins keep getting so friggin lucky. they are playing like crap, to the tune of 11 runs in FOUR games, and they won THREE of those games. Unreal. I would pay money to be able to win low scoring close games like that. We lost 4 of them last week, while the twins have won 3 of their last four and they aren't even playing well. BAH.

Good win for us though!

frankly i don't mind the twins winning. it'll help keep the sox on their toes.

mendozaln
06-08-2004, 10:10 PM
Looking forward to tomorrow. Garland v. Milton is a great matchup for these teams. I was sceptical about Uribe at first, but tonight I was downright giddy about him. What a fun game, w/ just enough tension to keep you interested.

CyYoung5621
06-08-2004, 10:12 PM
:winner

StepsInSC
06-08-2004, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by idseer
frankly i don't mind the twins winning. it'll help keep the sox on their toes.

I understand your point and all....but it really doesnt make a whole lot of sense if you think about it....

Lip Man 1
06-08-2004, 10:16 PM
That was a strange game! Is Mike Jackson coming down with "Koch" disease?

Lip

mendozaln
06-08-2004, 10:17 PM
One of the best things, we beat someone we've never faced before. How often do Sox fans get to say that? (Okay, Telemaco got the loss, but we still hit the guy well.)

idseer
06-08-2004, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by StepsInSC
I understand your point and all....but it really doesnt make a whole lot of sense if you think about it....

i HAVE thought about it and it makes perfect sense.

that's what competition is all about. you breeze your way you get soft. keep the edge when you're fighting it out.

WhiteSox = Life
06-08-2004, 10:18 PM
All that matters is that the Sox just keep playing hard and worry about winning. Fret about the Twins when you face them.

Sox Pride.

(Great job, Brooks!)

:smile:

ChiSox7
06-08-2004, 10:18 PM

that's what competition is all about. you breeze your way you get soft. keep the edge when you're fighting it out.

Unfortunately we always fight it out and seem to end up on the losing end.

StepsInSC
06-08-2004, 10:25 PM

The more I think about it the more it makes sense...but also the less it makes sense...

thus is baseball I suppose.

Personally I just assume make the gap as big as possible. Hell if you're up a lot you can afford to play down a bit, and rest people from injuries, etc...

TaylorStSox
06-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Great Frank quote after the game. Paraphrasing. "I decided last year that I want to be a part of this team forever. Hopefully, I'll be here."

Politte looked good. He kept the fast ball in the mid 90's. Which translates into better control. When he doesn't overthrow it (high 90's) he can pinpoint it. I'd like to see him start the slider on the inner half though. He would break a ton of bats that way.

I wouldn't worry about Jackson. It was a bizaare night. Everyone got pounded to some extent.

fquaye149
06-08-2004, 10:33 PM

if we would still underestimate the twins after the last two seasons . . .man i don't know what

i think any times the twins lose we'll take it

mantis1212
06-08-2004, 10:49 PM
I don't want to be negative and I love Ozzie but he almost managed us out of a win tonight. I can't believe he brought Jackson out there again in the ninth, and then brought in Politte for the save. I saw that Thome homer coming before it happened, I was actually hoping they would walk him.

elrod
06-08-2004, 10:49 PM
I just came back from the game. What an amazing game. I took my 2-year old and he had a blast. Never seen so much fireworks at a game before. The crowd was GREAT. Huge, very lively, but very civil. I didn't see any fights breaking out at all. I parked for free on 35th street across from the Police Station. We had to leave a bit early to get the boy home for bed and heard the Jackson meltdown in the car. Good to see Politte finish the way he did.

idseer
06-08-2004, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by fquaye149
if we would still underestimate the twins after the last two seasons . . .man i don't know what

i think any times the twins lose we'll take it

i will certainly take it too. i just mean i'm not antsy about every twins win. same as always, if the sox are not good enough to stay ahead of them then they're not.
and at the end of the year i'd rather be able to say this was a tough race in a tough division, as opposed to they won but nobody else finished above .500.

cheeses_h_rice
06-08-2004, 11:04 PM
I decided to head down tonight last minute and managed to get a great third row seat in left field. What a night. Raucous crowd and a very warm night, but everyone was having a great time, and you could definitely tell things were more sane than previous Tuesday night outings. As far as I saw, there were no altercations in the very packed outfield stands, from left to right.

Far from a pitchers duel, but I took comfort in Buehrle's settling down after his terrible first two innings, and the Sox breaking out the collective whipping stick. Congrats to Frank on the all-time Sox doubles record (and for the 4 RBIs), and also thanks to Cliff Politte for some much needed clutch relief after The Thriller made it a bit too thrilling for my tastes.

:gulp:

Hondo
06-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I'm so proud to be a White Sox fan tonight. Our boys could have let Sunday's national TV debacle with Krotch at the helm linger but...they didn't. Burly mon wasn't sharp but he still went seven strong and the lumber was put to some good use tonight.

To paraphrase a man much greater then I when it comes to this team,

"The reports of our demise have been greatly exaggerated."

CHEERS FELLAS!!!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Win1ForMe
06-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Great Win, and we really needed this one. Nice to see Juan have a good game after his mini-slump. Did anyone hear DJ say Juan runs a little bit like a lizard? I actually thought that would be a cool nickname for him...

compy75
06-08-2004, 11:20 PM
Great win from the offense. Few questions I'd like to present:

1) Is Politte our closer NOW???

2) Will everyone starting buying into my Ross Gload starting info?? I mean seriously we average like 9 runs.

elrod
06-08-2004, 11:27 PM
With Gload and Thomas now over .300, and Lee (23-game hitting streak) and Konerko (most RBI and HR for a first baseman in the AL) we have a damn good lineup. Harris and Uribe are over .300 and Uribe is slugging well again. At the bottom there's Valentin, who despite his K's is one of the top hitting shortstops in baseball right now. And Olivo and Alomar are both hitting well at the bottom. With the exception of Crede - only guy without a hit tonight on EITHER team - our lineup is amazing. And this is without Maggs. Now if Crede can begin his second half now we have the best lineup in baseball. If our bullpen situation settles down and we can get a serviceable 5th starter we should take the AL Central for sure and have a good shot to make the ALCS. As for the Twins, they are what they are. They get lots of lucky wins. But the division will be decided by the White Sox, not the Twins. At the end of the year the Twins will have about 88 wins. If the Sox play well they'll take the division. If they don't, they won't.

mcfish
06-08-2004, 11:35 PM
Just got back from the game and it was an interesting one to say the least. One great thing - no fights that I could see, and I was sitting in left, just in foul territory. If there was a fight, the crowd really didn't egg it on too much either.

The only problem I had was with an idiot talking smack for the first 4-5 innings until he got kicked out for being an idiot and lighting up a cigarette in the stands for a second time after being warned.

A great win! Let's keep it up!

Viva Magglio
06-08-2004, 11:38 PM
I was there tonight, and for the life of me I cannot understand why Ozzie let Jackson face Thome. He had Marte warming; why didn't Ozzie bring the lefty in?

Brian26
06-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
That was a strange game! Is Mike Jackson coming down with "Koch" disease?

Lip

Lip, You probably didn't see the game...but did anyone else feel a bit uneasy with Mike's body language when Coop went out to talk to him? Seemed like Mike didn't appreciate the visit to the mound, which isn't a good sign. Coop is a class act, and those guys need to listen to him when he goes out there.

It was shades of Paniagua disease a bit more than Koch disease.

minastirith67
06-08-2004, 11:45 PM
I seem to remember a thread earlier today that asked the question concerning responses to Sox losses and wins...Be glad we won people! Gotta take things one game at a time, but don't get bent out of shape for one thing.

It's a shame Sox victories don't mean more posts. People enjoy complaining it seems.

batmanZoSo
06-08-2004, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Brian26
Lip, You probably didn't see the game...but did anyone else feel a bit uneasy with Mike's body language when Coop went out to talk to him? Seemed like Mike didn't appreciate the visit to the mound, which isn't a good sign. Coop is a class act, and those guys need to listen to him when he goes out there.

It was shades of Paniagua disease a bit more than Koch disease.

Tell me about it. This guy needs to quit worryin about his damn self and realize the hell we just went through. We ain't takin no chances to spare your feelings, Mike.

minastirith67
06-08-2004, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by compy75
Great win from the offense. Few questions I'd like to present:

1) Is Politte our closer NOW???

2) Will everyone starting buying into my Ross Gload starting info?? I mean seriously we average like 9 runs.

1) I think Guillen is going closer by committee, which is fine by me.

2) We'll see on Gload.

RKMeibalane
06-08-2004, 11:51 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Tell me about it. This guy needs to quit worryin about his damn self and realize the hell we just went through. We ain't takin no chances to spare your feelings, Mike.

Agreed. The Sox are in the middle of pennant race, so every game they play from now until the end of the season will be important (yes, I know it's June). They lost several games last week that they should have won, allowing the Twins to remain close behind them in the AL Central race. Jackson has pitched well this season, but tonight he was just awful, and there's no excuse for that. If his feelings were hurt because Guillen and Cooper decided to take him out, tough. The Sox were in danger of coughing up a huge lead, and after what happened last week, that wasn't what they needed.

Jackson needs to be careful. After what happened with Jon Rauch ten days ago, one would think Sox players would be more willing to cooperate with the coaching staff, as well as other Sox officials. They should have gotten the message that Williams, Guillen, and others won't tolerate players who "march to the beat of their own drum."

elrod
06-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Let's hope Thome got all his 3-run home runs out of the way. :)

inta
06-09-2004, 12:00 AM
My girl and i saw 2 little fights in the UD tonight. they were nothing really. no fists being thrown. just drunk guys jawing at each other.
and yes. one had to do with a guy wearing a cubs hat. 5 nearby guys tried starting a chant "your hat sucks" which didnt really fly.

awesome game though, i had no idea the walkup would be so huge. we got stuck with tickets in the last row of the UD, my first time up that high.
no complaints though. we got a great breeze through that fence, which was very welcome with tonights heat.

compy75
06-09-2004, 12:04 AM
Let's hope Thome got all his 3-run home runs out of the way

Well in case it helps Thome is 1-14 against Garland lifetime, and as Hawk says that ball stayed in the yard.

I hope we hit Milton tomorrow, everyone but Konerko doesn't hit him at all. (<250). Interest tidbit from my ESPN Insider.

SSN721
06-09-2004, 06:33 AM
What a great evening, the park was nearly full, racous crowd but not unruly. Just a fun game to watch. It is nice to see s lugfest every once in awhile with two teams just pounding the ball. I'm not that worried about Jackson, he had a bad outing and never should have been left in there against Thome. But otherwise, great to watch, loved the crowd and the new commercial. :D: