PDA

View Full Version : This guy is a tool...

jfo go go sox
06-08-2004, 04:51 PM
When interleague first started in 1997, the Sox and Cubs only played once a year -- and that was the last time any of the games were at night. Let's face it, this series always has and always will draw fans from both side of town to both parks. I certainly do not want Cub fans out cheering us at the Cell just as Cub fans hated it in 2000 when the Sox took care of business at The shrine. I remember the scene as if it was yesterday with Sox fans behind the visiting dugout dancing and enjoying themselves in that unholiest of places.

Mess v Yankers ... Let face it, Shea is a hole, the Yankees dominate and and I am sure that they hate each other just as much. But they lack the electricity for that series unless it is in October.

Besides, an east coaster could deal with our rivaly -- so let 'em have that EAST COAST BIAS -- I take my White Sox any day.

CHISOXFAN13
06-08-2004, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by jfo go go sox
When interleague first started in 1997, the Sox and Cubs only played once a year -- and that was the last time any of the games were at night. Let's face it, this series always has and always will draw fans from both side of town to both parks. I certainly do not want Cub fans out cheering us at the Cell just as Cub fans hated it in 2000 when the Sox took care of business at The shrine. I remember the scene as if it was yesterday with Sox fans behind the visiting dugout dancing and enjoying themselves in that unholiest of places.

Mess v Yankers ... Let face it, Shea is a hole, the Yankees dominate and and I am sure that they hate each other just as much. But they lack the electricity for that series unless it is in October.

Besides, an east coaster could deal with our rivaly -- so let 'em have that EAST COAST BIAS -- I take my White Sox any day.

They didn't stop playing night games in the series until after the 2000 campaign.

The Sox won on a Friday night in 14 innings that season.

Palehose13
06-08-2004, 07:29 PM
Who is a tool and why?

PaleHoseRon
06-08-2004, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Who is a tool and why? Good question. I am assuming a link to an article was not posted.

RKMeibalane
06-08-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by CHISOXFAN13
They didn't stop playing night games in the series until after the 2000 campaign.

The Sox won on a Friday night in 14 innings that season.

They also played a night game in 2001. Carlos Lee won the last night game in the Sox-Cubs series with a grand slam. That has to be one of the most exciting moments of the past decade for any Sox fan.

StillMissOzzie
06-09-2004, 12:24 AM
I just read in the paper today that the game time for the 7/4/04 game at the Urinal has been changed to 7:00PM by ESPN!

SMO
:gulp: