PDA

View Full Version : ESPN : Why the White Sox are Cursed

ode to veeck
06-08-2004, 04:58 PM
one sad white sox story (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hays/tortured_chicago)

ma_deuce
06-08-2004, 05:07 PM
What an awesome story... remind me to kill that guy the next time I am in Chicago.

j/k

Philo-Sox-er
06-08-2004, 05:11 PM
A real Sox fan would have no part in that martyr-curse bullcrap! Let the phonies up north pray to false idols...Sox fans relish the feats of the gods on the field and let them decide our pathos--tradgedy, victory, catharsis. It the ball players' passion play; they write the drama, not a silly jinx.

HebrewHammer
06-08-2004, 05:13 PM
Curses are for losers and sCrUBs fans

bigdommer
06-08-2004, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by HebrewHammer
Curses are for losers and sCrUBs fans

That guy was a Cub fan.

SEALgep
06-08-2004, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by HebrewHammer
Curses are for losers and sCrUBs fans And loser Scrub fans. :D:

E Coast Sox Fan
06-08-2004, 05:21 PM
but he didn't mention:

1) the loss of Harry Carey; and
2) Reinsdorf's and Einhorn's brilliant idea to put the Sox on pay TV (or Sportschannel or whatever it was called) - a team mostly followed by honest working class people.

TomC727
06-08-2004, 05:28 PM
What a piece of work. He is a typical fairweather fan. I hope he is eating his words come october when baseball is being played on the southside while they are prepping wrigley for the winter

Unregistered
06-08-2004, 05:36 PM
No way that article is written by a Sox fan -it is obviously made up as it reeks of all the misinformation that Cubs fans spew constantly, such as:

1.our drunken fans have mullets and beat up pitching coaches. EVERY Sox fan knows that guy and the guy after him WERE NOT Sox fans.

2.nothing tops the Sammy Sosa trade in my book. George W. Bush gives Sosa away when the kid was with Texas, and the Sox turn around and deal Sosa to the Cubs, of all people, for a washed up slugger in George Bell? That was sheer artistry. That's crap. Any "fan" following the Sox since before their last series knows that Sosa wasn't helping them at all that year and that a trade for Bell helped the team that year. No Sox fan wants Sosa on their team, anyway.

I call bull**** on this "Fan".

pearso66
06-08-2004, 06:10 PM
That was the dumbest thing I ever read, and of course I am now dumber for have read it. I want my 3 minutes of my life back oh great, it was because of his luck that i lost it

kojak
06-08-2004, 06:28 PM
I thought that was a thoroughly entertaining article!

WhiteSox = Life
06-08-2004, 09:11 PM
To quote Family Guy: "Hey, everyone! This guy is a great big phony!"

SoxBoy14
06-08-2004, 09:42 PM
I'm surprised no one has done this yet. :whocares

batmanZoSo
06-08-2004, 09:56 PM
We still got the "other team" comment...

Also said we play in a neighborhood with "socioeconomic decay." Come on. Let's not go that far. Is he talking about just east of the park about two years ago?

Also, who's Ashley Simpson? You mean Jessica?

So with Juan Uribe hitting like the second coming of Nellie Fox -- if Nellie had stolen Joe Morgan's bat -- and Mark Buehrle and Esteban Loaiza eating up innings the way Wilson Alvarez used to eat up the postgame buffet

Ha!

building the new ballpark -- whatever they're calling it these days

Yawn. Lame.

WhiteSox = Life
06-08-2004, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
Also, who's Ashley Simpson? You mean Jessica?

Via my understanding, Ashlee Simpson, one of the WB's stars on 7th Heaven is the younger sister of Jessica.

They're both very talented, though.
^^^
Teal unnecessary.

ChiSoxBobette
06-09-2004, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by bigdommer
That guy was a Cub fan.

Goooooooood does'nt it end , now we have sports articles written by scrub fans linking us , The White Sox & White Sox fans, to the scrubs, the guy is nothing but a scrub fan. One time I'd like to see something written by the a sports reporter about the White Sox without any links to the scrubs, yankees, red sox etc,etc, etc. This year we've had one of the hottest players in baseball and if the guy was on the northside of Chicago he's all anyone would be writing about - Juan Uribe, but everything you read about the guy sounds like they're just waiting for the guy to crash. Oh yeah someone tell the guy who's supposedly put the curse on the White Sox that any real self respecting White Sox fan would never, NEVER, put on a scrub hat and then insult of all insults go to the 1959 World Series game at White Sox park. espn was just spouting scrub propaganda. and I think I'm going to e-mail the jerk who wrote the colum about just that.

hold2dibber
06-09-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
Any "fan" following the Sox since before their last series knows that Sosa wasn't helping them at all that year and that a trade for Bell helped the team that year. No Sox fan wants Sosa on their team, anyway.

I despise Sosa, but that was still a horrible, terrible trade.

Unregistered
06-09-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by hold2dibber
I despise Sosa, but that was still a horrible, terrible trade. C'mon Dibber, we traded a weak .200 strikeout hitter for a guy who went to hit 25 homers for us that year, and on pace for the same until he got injured the next year going into the playoffs. I think it served its purpose at the time.

Obviously NO ONE (the Cubs included) knew Sosa would gain 50 pounds (and 4 hat sizes) to become what he did, so it only turned into a "horrible" trade years later in hindsight.

TDog
06-09-2004, 11:49 AM
The Sox made a dumb move by trading Sosa when they should have fed him vitamins to grow up big and strong. The worst Sosa trade ever was the one that sent Harold Baines into exile.

Sox fans don't blame curses. They blame Koch.

Hangar18
06-09-2004, 11:51 AM
That "story" made absolutely NO SENSE. Anyone wanting to read it......... Dont bother. That Article was Written by ............
MIKE KILEY trying to PLANT the idea, thru ESPN, that SOX FANS are ALSO pulling for the cubs. Nice Try, didnt work with me.

patbooyah
06-09-2004, 12:06 PM
once i got past the disco demolition knock...

And don't forget about the Sox deciding the retro ballparks were a passing fad in building the new ballpark -- whatever they're calling it these days.

i dont think retro stadiums had quite become a "fad" when the cell was designed.

this guy is a chotch.

kittle545feet
06-09-2004, 12:35 PM
i agree in not reading the article. it was a huge waste of time and clearly written by cub fan. have the cubs fans sunk that low where they must pass themselves off as sox fans to take shots at us? here's a little advice for the cub author of the article................have a point. it makes it so much more enjoyable for the reader. (thanks neil page) :?:

The Big Squirt
06-09-2004, 12:50 PM
I believe my signiture says it all :D: