PDA

View Full Version : Phil Rogers' ESPN Article on the Sox

Philo-Sox-er
06-08-2004, 11:36 AM
Here's a link to today's Phil Rogers article on the Sox:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=rogers_phil&id=1817723

fuzzy_patters
06-08-2004, 11:52 AM
2) Don Cooper is the best pitching coach nobody knows. A long-time minor-league coach in the White Sox system, the big-league staff has been improving from the time he succeeded Nardi Contreras as pitching coach. Cooper is about as complicated as first grade math, but knows how to nurture pitchers. He might not be the perfect guy for a staff of Yankee-style show ponies, but he's a good fit for this team.

I think Cooper is probably the best Sox pitching coach since Sammy Ellis. Who actually thought Loaiza and Schoenweis would ever pitch like this?

Since abandoning switch-hitting, Jose Valentin is hitting better than .258 for the first time since 2000, when he had a career year (.273-25-92).

This is a good point. Despite the strike outs Jose has put up very good numbers for a shortstop this year, and he has not made as many errors over the past couple weeks. With Uribe slumping I am warming back up to Valentin.

sas1974
06-08-2004, 12:57 PM
Rogers writes an article praising the Sox and it gets ONE REPLY? If he was blasting them, we'd already have 3 tomatoes. I think those of you that take the time out to send emails to those in the media that consistently rip the Sox should also take a few minutes out to commend Mr. Rogers.

::carefully steps off soapbox::

Palehose13
06-08-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by sas1974
Rogers writes an article praising the Sox and it gets ONE REPLY? If he was blasting them, we'd already have 3 tomatoes. I think those of you that take the time out to send emails to those in the media that consistently rip the Sox should also take a few minutes out to commend Mr. Rogers.

::carefully steps off soapbox::

I took a few minutes and wrote Mr. Rogers a letter of praise for the article.

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 01:22 PM
**Steps onto soapbox**
and just because someone RIPS the SOX MGMT, doesnt mean its all that bad. Reinsdorf needs to be RIPPED A NEW ONE for some of his shenannigans. Tip of the Cap HOWEVER, to Uncle Jerry for supposedly Letting the Draft Team "sign whomever" they wanted, they had a bigger budget. I dont mind the Rip on the SOX anytime, as long as it makes Sense and is Timely.
We Need More of that, instead of chastising Fans and Attendance

sas1974
06-08-2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
I took a few minutes and wrote Mr. Rogers a letter of praise for the article.

As did I. My comments weren't meant to belittle the efforts of those folks that have called out members of the media that consistently paint such a negative image of our White Sox. I commend you guys. But to avoid looking like a bunch of deranged, whiny Sox fans, it's also important to give credit where credit is due.

Mr. Rogers' email addy (PRogers@tribune.com)

DaveIsHere
06-08-2004, 01:31 PM
There seem to be quite a few more people starting to take notice of "YOUR 2004 CHICAGO WHITESOX!!!!"

sas1974
06-08-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by DaveIsHere
There seem to be quite a few more people atrting o take notice of "YOUR 2004 CHICAGO WHITESOX!!!!"

They are getting a good view of us as we sit atop the Central.