PDA

View Full Version : Soxnut's ballpark foodmedia watch

soxnut
06-08-2004, 11:14 AM
Hey there has been some positive coverage of the Sox in the media. Rachel Ray of the Food Network, was making a corn dish recipe that she got from attending a game at Comiskey Park---hey can ya believe it? At least it's something positive. :D: :gulp:

But then, of course, the guy who used to host Double Dare had his show on---talking about "the hot dog" and how it is a ballpark staple. Guess who's ballpark they went to to do that piece? I turned off the tv. :angry: :whiner:

joeynach
06-08-2004, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by soxnut
Hey there has been some positive coverage of the Sox in the media. Rachel Ray of the Food Network, was making a corn dish recipe that she got from attending a game at Comiskey Park---hey can ya believe it? At least it's something positive. :D: :gulp:

But then, of course, the guy who used to host Double Dare had his show on---talking about "the hot dog" and how it is a ballpark staple. Guess who's ballpark they went to to do that piece? I turned off the tv. :angry: :whiner:

Just look at it the way i do. The cubs are a historic joke and loser and we can see this becuase their stadium has more respect than there franchise. People and the media just love wrigley for some reason, take away the ivy and brick walls and im sure it would go away. Wrigley gets respect, the cubs are merely associated with it, but no one really respects losers, lovable or not.

soxnut
06-08-2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by joeynach
Just look at it the way i do. The cubs are a historic joke and loser and we can see this becuase their stadium has more respect than there franchise. People and the media just love wrigley for some reason, take away the ivy and brick walls and im sure it would go away. Wrigley gets respect, the cubs are merely associated with it, but no one really respects losers, lovable or not.

Yeah I know, and I don't usually complain all that much, but you'd think they'd show the park that is KNOWN FOR IT'S GREAT FOOD, oh well. Thank God for Rachel Ray though---I think I'm in love. She seems like someone that would be a Sox fan if she lived in Chicago.

skottyj242
06-08-2004, 11:34 AM
If you watched the end of that show (I'm addicted to the Food Network), they came to Comiskey to interview the head chef in the Stadium Club restaurant and said it had probably the best food in baseball.

skottyj242
06-08-2004, 11:35 AM
And speaking about Marc Summers, did you know he has OCD? He used to like freak out when he hosted Double Dare. I guess after a show he had to like sit by himself for hours. Just a little tid bit for you all.

soxnut
06-08-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by skottyj242
If you watched the end of that show (I'm addicted to the Food Network), they came to Comiskey to interview the head chef in the Stadium Club restaurant and said it had probably the best food in baseball.

Hey thanks for letting me know that. I guess I should have watched the whole show. But I was in the hous for most of the day yesterday, and when I do that I start to get a headache, and seeing that clip didn't help any, so I left.

soxnut
06-08-2004, 11:42 AM
And speaking about Marc Summers, did you know he has OCD? He used to like freak out when he hosted Double Dare. I guess after a show he had to like sit by himself for hours. Just a little tid bit for you all.

What is OCD?

soxnut
06-08-2004, 11:45 AM
(I'm addicted to the Food Network),.

I just got it on my cable system last week. I've watched it at other people homes, and they'd have it on quite a bit. Now I understand.

skottyj242
06-08-2004, 11:46 AM
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Pretty much neat freaks.

soxnut
06-08-2004, 11:47 AM
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. Pretty much neat freaks.

Oh ok, sort of like Jack Nicholson in "As Good As It Gets". I don't know how he cuold have been on a show like Double Dare if he was a neat freak---that had to be torture for him.

skottyj242
06-08-2004, 11:51 AM
That must have sucked.

soxnut
06-08-2004, 11:54 AM
That must have sucked.

Maybe he did that show to try to get over the disorder. :?:

skottyj242
06-08-2004, 11:56 AM
I guess he did it for the exposure or money of whatever.

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 12:36 PM
Love the Title of this Thread ....... :smile: Almost any press is Good Press. for the Record, ChewingGum Field and Detroit
had the WORST hot dogs in the league. matter of fact,
every single thing at Wrigley is horrible, except the icecream cones, but hard to mess that up.

npdempse
06-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
Love the Title of this Thread ....... :smile: Almost any press is Good Press. for the Record, ChewingGum Field and Detroit
had the WORST hot dogs in the league. matter of fact,
every single thing at Wrigley is horrible, except the icecream cones, but hard to mess that up.

I love to torture my students with the fact that the food at Wrigley is contracted by Aramark, who also do the food at the U of C. While it's OK as far as stuff that comes out of a cafeteria, it really doesn't rank as "food."

DSpivack
06-08-2004, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by npdempse
I love to torture my students with the fact that the food at Wrigley is contracted by Aramark, who also do the food at the U of C. While it's OK as far as stuff that comes out of a cafeteria, it really doesn't rank as "food."

At least the dining facilities look nice at the U of C.
Emory just got rid of Aramark, thank god. That food was unbearable. The joke at school [Oxford College of Emory U.] was that many students had the typical freshman 15.... they lost 15 pounds. I lost twenty just from not eating very much at all freshman year. Here's to Sodexho being better. Can't be worse.

Comiskey does have good food, and not at completely outrageous prices like at other [Turner Field, cough, cough] stadiums. Seriously though, at Turner Field you can get tickets for as little as $5 or $1 every game; Coke or a hot dog will set you back $6, each.

ode to veeck
06-08-2004, 06:05 PM

Actually, Aramark does food in a LOT of places, including a lot of hotsie totsie restaurants in leading hotels across the country. Their stuff varies from place to place & a lot of it is kinda you get what you pay for, lots of cafeteria/food service contracts are trying to minimize the costs and you'll get similar whether its say Aramark or Marriott's or whatever. I contract with Aramark for a large event I run in Portland so I'm pretty familar with their range of offerings.

By the way, shouldn't this thread really be in the Parking Lot?

wilburwood
06-08-2004, 06:20 PM
:?: why in the world would the food network use the worlds largest open air toilet to show anything edible, good greif i would not feed my dog anything from there that was not factory sealed...jeez think about it