PDA

View Full Version : Ron Rappoport's Column

Lip Man 1
06-08-2004, 10:13 AM
Just so no one gets upset this is a copy of the e-mail that I sent to Ron this morning after reading his column.

Ron:

I appreciate the mention in your column. It's always nice of you to use the stuff that I pass along but I don't run the web site for WSI. That honor goes to George Bova, who created the site I guess over five years ago. He's also the 'official' spokesperson when the media comes calling.

I just try to pass along info, quips, quotes and unusual events (most of a historical nature) to you in the media that I call friends and colleagues.

Take care!

Lip

Dadawg_77
06-08-2004, 10:17 AM
http://www.suntimes.com/output/rapoport/cst-spt-rap08.html

The White Sox' troubles on their West Coast road trip have some observers crunching the numbers, and it's not a pretty picture. Sun-Times colleague Mark Potash notes Ozzie Guillen's team has outscored its opponents 147-97 over the last 27 games but is 13-14 during that span.

And Mark Liptak, who runs the unofficial Sox Web site, whitesoxinteractive.com, points out that when Billy Koch blew that lead in Seattle on Sunday, it was the seventh time this season the pitching staff has let the opposition catch up or go ahead in the seventh inning or later.

Despite Magglio Ordonez's vehement denials of that recent report out of New York that he and the White Sox are at contract loggerheads, the New York Daily News is now saying a tentative four-year agreement for about $50 million broke down recently when Jerry Reinsdorf wanted to defer much of the money.

Department of incidental intelligence: Did you know Koch weighed only 15 ounces when he was born and spent the first 61/2 weeks of his life in the hospital? Me, neither.

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 10:34 AM
The Chicago Media NEVER lets FACTS get in the way of a Good Story