PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July time change

Jerko
06-08-2004, 10:46 AM
Game against the Scrubs on the 4th changed to 7:05 for, what else, ESPN. Bring your protective gear if you're going to the Urinal that night!

mantis1212
06-08-2004, 11:06 AM
Not sure is that should be in teal. A lot of people will have the 5th off, it could get ugly up there...

Jerko
06-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by mantis1212
Not sure is that should be in teal. A lot of people will have the 5th off, it could get ugly up there...

Didn't MLB schedule the Cub/Sox games in the daytime for a REASON? OF course, the all powerful ESPN rules everything now. Maybe fatass Berman will be there so he can see which Chicago fans are really the animals.

Palehose13
06-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by mantis1212

True, very true. Maybe the whole world will get a glimpse of what cub fans are really like.

Lip Man 1
06-08-2004, 11:15 AM
I'm sure the nation will be enjoying the post game fireworks at Wrigley Field.

Lip

Dadawg_77
06-08-2004, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
Didn't MLB schedule the Cub/Sox games in the daytime for a REASON? OF course, the all powerful ESPN rules everything now. Maybe fatass Berman will be there so he can see which Chicago fans are really the animals.

City of Chicago requested all day games after the Lee grand slam filled jail houses of the city.

dpbyron
06-08-2004, 11:19 AM
Wow!
They always show the Yankee$$$$$$ Mets game on Sunday nights when we are playing the Scrubs!

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 11:20 AM
That is going to be a "memorable" game for sure, there are going to be TON OF DISTURBANCES. Those drunken "frat boys" (no slight intended to those of us who are members of fraternities) are going to be hogwild fired-up with a chance at national exposure & against the WhiteSox. Im going to that game, and I will be on my guard for nonsense unfortuneately.

kittle42
06-08-2004, 11:33 AM
I paid $90 apiece for two bleachers for that game. I hope I am able to enjoy all 9 innings :)

Jjav829
06-08-2004, 11:38 AM
Wow, a 4th of July night game. It's gonna get ugly there. With all the people drinking all day before going to the game, they're gonna need a hell of a lot of security. But aside from that, it's going to be fun to watch. :gulp:

Lip Man 1
06-08-2004, 11:52 AM
It'll be interesting to see who gets 'blamed' for all the fights that start happening.

And I do recall a game in either 1998 or 1999 that was a Sunday night game from Comiskey involving the Cubs / Sox. Cubs won the game but they had to delay the game in the 8th inning when two fans in the lower deck by the railing started brawling. They fell over the railing into the tarp then out on the field.

I remember reading Mike Mordicai talking about it and how hard he was laughing over it. he said the two were really hammering each other before security came over.

Lip

SSN721
06-08-2004, 12:14 PM
Not going to the game, but living down the street, it should be interesting seeing what happens to the neighborhood that night. Not sure if I should attempt to go out at all that night around my apartment. Sure there will be more ambulances and cops then usual that night.

soxnut
06-08-2004, 12:19 PM
It should be very interesting. Hey, just as long as the Sox win. Hopefully Carlos will come through again!!

Fridaythe13thJason
06-08-2004, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by SSN721
Not going to the game, but living down the street, it should be interesting seeing what happens to the neighborhood that night. Not sure if I should attempt to go out at all that night around my apartment. Sure there will be more ambulances and cops then usual that night.

I live right there too, and I think I'm just going to lock my doors and stay inside.

SSN721
06-08-2004, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by UICJason
I live right there too, and I think I'm just going to lock my doors and stay inside.

THat is probably the smart thing to do.

batmanZoSo
06-08-2004, 01:59 PM
It's gonna be a drunken, brawling, white trash booze fest. Leave your children at home for this one.