PDA

View Full Version : Chicago NewsMedia Watch 6.8.04


Hangar18
06-08-2004, 08:14 AM
LaTroy Hawkins Behaves like a JERK and SourPuss in his "final" press conference........... and NO DISPARAGING ARTICLES from Mariotti or the like. Had a SOX player pulled this?
Dont even want to talk about it. Fred Mitchell today does a Q&A article. Guess which team he covers? yet another ex-cub.
SOX though they were OFF yesterday, shouldve been able to Garner as much press as the Other Team got when they were off also ........BUT NO. SOX get Swamped with nothing today.

CubMorning Show, again have been talking cub, since 6:45 (when I listened) and are still going STRONG as of 8:15am. NO SOX have been talked ("yeah so what, they were off"-that didnt stop them when the other team was off and SOX played)Murph
baiting callers by giving painfully clear descriptions of some stupid play, inciting them to call in and complain.

Cubune:
8 cub stories
3 sox stories

CubTimes:
5 cub stories
2 sox stories

Standings since Spring Training ...........
4th Place Cubs 869
1st Place SOX 582

Palehose13
06-08-2004, 08:21 AM
I especially loved the little digs at "Sox fans" in Moron's piece this morning. Here's one:

But if folks want to boo Patterson or anyone else, that's fine -- as long as they don't escalate their dissent by throwing objects, scaling walls to attack their targets and employing other tactics from the William Ligue Jr. handbook.

Yup, there have never been any incidents at Chewing gum field...

How quickly we forget incidents on one side of town while never forgetting incidents on the other.

fado
06-08-2004, 08:49 AM
Just this year, when Dusty screwed up his double switch, fans for two days in a row were throwing stuff on the field, and they poured beer on the center fielder's head. Griffey wasn't it? How about John Murray who tried to attack Randy Myers, or the LA "let's steal their cap and have a brawl in the stands" night.

It's getting old.

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by fado
Just this year, when Dusty screwed up his double switch, fans for two days in a row were throwing stuff on the field, and they poured beer on the center fielder's head. Griffey wasn't it? How about John Murray who tried to attack Randy Myers, or the LA "let's steal their cap and have a brawl in the stands" night.

It's getting old. Whine Whine Whine. Thats all SOX fans do........is complain about the Media Coverage !

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 09:07 AM
HOLY COW!!

The Score has finally decided to TALK WHITESOX at 9:10am.
Since 6:45am this morning til just now, theyve been talking cub, complaining, whining, blah blah blah. Talking to a mlb.com reporter on the SOX. Im listening so you dont have to :smile:

Palehose13
06-08-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
HOLY COW!!

The Score has finally decided to TALK WHITESOX at 9:10am.
Since 6:45am this morning til just now, theyve been talking cub, complaining, whining, blah blah blah. Talking to a mlb.com reporter on the SOX. Im listening so you dont have to :smile:

Thanks Hangar cause I can't listen right now. :(

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 09:27 AM
*POOOOOF* and just like that..........after only 15 minutes,
theyre back to talking Cub now. Oh Well, we got our 15 minutes of fame huh? Whats a 1st Place team to do

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 09:49 AM
You guys will love this. They started talking to the Phillies announcer and getting insight into the Phils. Announcer says
hes from naperville, blah blah. Hes about to leave, and of course, what does Murph ask? Asks what he thinks about
a certain player getting BOOOED on the northside for striking out a lot. Had nothing to do with WHO the PHILS are playing tonite. Amazing the questions that couldve been asked regarding HIS THOUGHTS ON THE SOX. But no .......... oh well.
Be glad your not listening :smile:

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 09:59 AM
6:45am - 9:10 talked cub
9:10am -9:25 talked sox
9:25am -9:40 talked Philly/w cub reference thrown in
9:45am - 10am read cub emails, 4 to be exact.

SOX got 15 minutes of reference in today. Not too shabby

Lip Man 1
06-08-2004, 10:28 AM
I have sent an e-mail to Fred Mitchell mentioning that more often then not his quick Q & A's are with people associated with the Cubs (although he has done a few Sox ones.)

To help him out I sent him the addresses and phone numbers of the Sox players I've interviewed for the site in case he simply didn't know how to get in touch with more former Sox players.

So far he hasn't used any of them.

Lip

soxnut
06-08-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I have sent an e-mail to Fred Mitchell mentioning that more often then not his quick Q & A's are with people associated with the Cubs (although he has done a few Sox ones.)

To help him out I sent him the addresses and phone numbers of the Sox players I've interviewed for the site in case he simply didn't know how to get in touch with more former Sox players.

So far he hasn't used any of them.

Lip

That's really sad to hear. :(: But what do you expect? :(: :(:

MRKARNO
06-08-2004, 11:10 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
6:45am - 9:10 talked cub
9:10am -9:25 talked sox
9:25am -9:40 talked Philly/w cub reference thrown in
9:45am - 10am read cub emails, 4 to be exact.

SOX got 15 minutes of reference in today. Not too shabby
I dont get why you bother listening to this show. Dont listen if you know how terrible it is. We all know that Murph and Fred has the most dispropotionate Sox/Cubs coverage of any radio show in town. They're not going to magically change overnight.

soxnut
06-08-2004, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by MRKARNO
I dont get why you bother listening to this show. Dont listen if you know how terrible it is. We all know that Murph and Fred has the most dispropotionate Sox/Cubs coverage of any radio show in town. They're not going to magically change overnight.

Oh yes they are... :D: :smile:

duke of dorwood
06-08-2004, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
You guys will love this. They started talking to the Phillies announcer and getting insight into the Phils. Announcer says
hes from naperville, blah blah. Hes about to leave, and of course, what does Murph ask? Asks what he thinks about
a certain player getting BOOOED on the northside for striking out a lot. Had nothing to do with WHO the PHILS are playing tonite. Amazing the questions that couldve been asked regarding HIS THOUGHTS ON THE SOX. But no .......... oh well.
Be glad your not listening :smile:

I'd have to be tied down and IV's put in my ear to listen to that frequency.

Better air comes out of peoples rear ends

soxnut
06-08-2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
I'd have to be tied down and IV's put in my ear to listen to that frequency.

Better air comes out of peoples rear ends

If I wasn't in the library right now I'd be LMAO. :D:

TommyJohn
06-08-2004, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by Hangar18
You guys will love this. They started talking to the Phillies announcer and getting insight into the Phils. Announcer says
hes from naperville, blah blah. Hes about to leave, and of course, what does Murph ask? Asks what he thinks about
a certain player getting BOOOED on the northside for striking out a lot. Had nothing to do with WHO the PHILS are playing tonite. Amazing the questions that couldve been asked regarding HIS THOUGHTS ON THE SOX. But no .......... oh well.
Be glad your not listening :smile:

I would like to think that you're kidding, but I know you're not.

Dick Allen
06-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Fred Huebner calls himself a Sox fan - dork.

WSox8404
06-08-2004, 12:48 PM
Listen to Mac Jurko and Harry. Even though two of em are cub fans (Jurko and Harry), the cubs are only talked about for half of the time. They have been talking Sox a lot more as of late, and it really is pretty nice to listen to.

bennyw41
06-08-2004, 12:56 PM
The producer of that show is a Sox fan though. Well, the assistant producer is a cub's fan. Just thought you might want to know.

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Dick Allen
Fred Huebner calls himself a Sox fan - dork.

There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Huebner is a Sox Fan.
The guy is nothing but a STOOGE for Murph. The Captain to Murphs Tennille. The Oates to Murphs Hall. Nothing but a puppet host meant to give some Legitimacy to a BLATANTLY CUBBIFIED morning show. From 6:45 am to 10:00 am,
they give the SOX 15 minutes ???? how ridiculous is that?

LET ME CO-HOST THAT SHOW ................ You would hear some
Pretty Damn Good Radio If I HOSTED with that BUFFOON Murph

Hangar18
06-08-2004, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by bennyw41
The producer of that show is a Sox fan though. Well, the assistant producer is a cub's fan. Just thought you might want to know.

The Producers a Sox Fan? He's nothing to me then, because a SOX fan would never allow that NonSense to Air as it currently does. Take Huebner off the Air and Call it the Flubby Morning Zoo, Id respect it more. I hate when they say "Im murph the flub fan, fred here is the sox fan" like they have some great Banter/Rapport going everyday. They dont. If they Stopped saying they "talking sox baseball every morning", I wouldnt mind that show.

SoxOnTop
06-08-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WAY Huebner is a Sox Fan.
The guy is nothing but a STOOGE for Murph. The Captain to Murphs Tennille. The Oates to Murphs Hall. Nothing but a puppet host meant to give some Legitimacy to a BLATANTLY CUBBIFIED morning show.

The Combes to Murph's Hannity. :o:

JRIG
06-08-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
The Producers a Sox Fan? He's nothing to me then, because a SOX fan would never allow that NonSense to Air as it currently does. Take Huebner off the Air and Call it the Flubby Morning Zoo, Id respect it more. I hate when they say "Im murph the flub fan, fred here is the sox fan" like they have some great Banter/Rapport going everyday. They dont. If they Stopped saying they "talking sox baseball every morning", I wouldnt mind that show.

I believe he was referring to Mac, Jurko, and Harry's Executive Producer, who is a Sox fan.

GoSox2K3
06-08-2004, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
LaTroy Hawkins Behaves like a JERK and SourPuss in his "final" press conference........... and NO DISPARAGING ARTICLES from Mariotti or the like. Had a SOX player pulled this?
Dont even want to talk about it. Fred Mitchell today does a Q&A article. Guess which team he covers? yet another ex-cub.
SOX though they were OFF yesterday, shouldve been able to Garner as much press as the Other Team got when they were off also ........BUT NO. SOX get Swamped with nothing today.

The coverage for the rest of the week won't get any better with the Cubs/Cards series going on now. This weekend, the Sox-Braves series will get buried by the media frenzy over The Cubs Historic First-Visit to Anaheim!!.

GoSox2K3
06-08-2004, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SoxOnTop
The Combes to Murph's Hannity. :o:

You mean colmes. I was thinking of the exact same comparison!

bennyw41
06-08-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Hangar18
The Producers a Sox Fan? He's nothing to me then, because a SOX fan would never allow that NonSense to Air as it currently does. Take Huebner off the Air and Call it the Flubby Morning Zoo, Id respect it more. I hate when they say "Im murph the flub fan, fred here is the sox fan" like they have some great Banter/Rapport going everyday. They dont. If they Stopped saying they "talking sox baseball every morning", I wouldnt mind that show.

I was talking about The Mac Jerko and Harry show. Thanks.