PDA

View Full Version : Latroy Hawkins done with the media

ChiSox14305635
06-07-2004, 11:18 PM
He said on the news tonight that he won't apologize like Billy Koch does when he screws up, and is sick and tired of the media hovering around his locker and won't speak with them any further.

Could the pressure of living up to those lofty expectations (not to mention that $10 million deal) finally be getting to you, Latroy? :D:

Vsahajpal
06-07-2004, 11:20 PM
That was funny stuff. Good for Hawk, the media in this town leaves plenty to be desired.

Jerko
06-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Just another Cub who "oozes warmth and sensitivity". I guess he won't be at the Grand Opening of "Just Ducky 3".

The Critic
06-08-2004, 04:25 AM
He'll start talking when (if?) they start winning.
Cubbies ALL want to be there when the LoveFest begins.

Baby Fisk
06-08-2004, 08:11 AM
...perhaps the attitude reflects the fact that the 2004 World Champion Cubs are still lingering precariously 2 games over .500!

Palehose13
06-08-2004, 08:14 AM
Hmmmmm...sounds like a stand-up guy, unlike that Koch character who said this:

''Hell, it's my fault,'' said Koch, who will be a free agent at the end of the season and is not expected to return. ''We should have gone 3-2 on this trip if it wasn't for me instead of 1-4. That's my fault. I let 24 guys in this room down. I let the coaches down. I let the fans of Chicago down. I'll put that on my shoulders. I'm a big boy, I can handle it. I'm just going to go back out there and give it my best.''

I'm guessing LaTroy isn't a "big boy".

hsnterprize
06-08-2004, 08:16 AM
I admit if I was there, I probably would've gone off on him about what's expected of his team. We all know this, but whether LaTroy like it or not, his team is a phenomemon right now, and he and other people connected with the organ-EYE-zation will just have to suck it up.

Besides...what's the media to do in a case like this...GIVE EQUAL TIME TO THE FIRST PLACE WHITE SOX?!?!?!?!?!?

34 Inch Stick
06-08-2004, 08:45 AM
LaTroy is a great setup man. For some reason the pressure is too great for him as a closer. I look forward to seeing future Cub meltdowns this summer.

As much as you (the general you, no one specifically here) may hate the Cubs/fans the losing really has no effect on them. They are momentarily upset but move on to something else as quickly as they moved on to the Cubs from another bandwagon. They really cannot be defeated.

I went to the game last night. Afterwards Bernies was packed with people who obviously went to the game. Everyone was as happy as if they won. This was after a loss against their most bitter rival in a series they need to get back inot contention.

Palehose13
06-08-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by 34 Inch Stick
I went to the game last night. Afterwards Bernies was packed with people who obviously went to the game. Everyone was as happy as if they won. This was after a loss against their most bitter rival in a series they need to get back inot contention.

Unbelievable. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth after Sunday's game.

SoxFan76
06-08-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Palehose13
Unbelievable. I still have a bitter taste in my mouth after Sunday's game.

Same here. I can't stand when the Sox lose. It ruins my whole day.

ma-gaga
06-08-2004, 05:54 PM
LaTroy's got a chip on his shoulder. I don't know where he got it from, but he's one angry guy.

He's great if he's on your team, he'll be the first one out of the bullpen to have a fake fight. He's a little mouthy, been thrown out from a couple of games while SITTING IN THE BULLPEN. I don't know if he's ever been ejected while pitching.

He's a little goofy...