09-19-2001, 10:11 PM
:walk

I still have my gascan!

PaleHoseGeorge
09-19-2001, 10:24 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
:walk

I still have my gascan!

Using Howry late in the game has become a bad joke. Still, Manuel keeps running him out there. Where are all the young pitching prospects we supposedly have?

doublem23
09-19-2001, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Using Howry late in the game has become a bad joke. Still, Manuel keeps running him out there. Where are all the young pitching prospects we supposedly have?

:jerry
We'll pitch the young guys when we're out of contention.

jklm
09-19-2001, 10:33 PM
:reinsy :KW :jerry

"Anyone who thinks we cannot catch Cleveland is crazy."

doublem23
09-19-2001, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by jklm
"Anyone who thinks we cannot catch Cleveland is crazy."

Were was that back in '97?

GASHWOUND
09-20-2001, 03:30 AM
People, relax. Who was Manuel suppose to bring in??? He's our setup guy. The guy who I think should be our setup guy started yesterday, Sean Lowe might be taking Biddle's spot in the rotation so he probably was not avaliable. Howry had offseason surgury so give him a break. He was dominating last year and he should and will be back to last year's form.

HOWRY< HOWRY<HOWRY!!!
Lets start the chant

FarWestChicago
09-20-2001, 12:28 PM
Howry had offseason surgury so give him a break. He was dominating last year and he should and will be back to last year's form. Howling was not dominating last year. I have no idea who you are confusing him with.

Paulwny
09-20-2001, 01:58 PM
Can there be any doubt about keeping Foulke.

Daver
09-20-2001, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Can there be any doubt about keeping Foulke.

Yes there can.
But then again what the hell do I know.

GASHWOUND
09-20-2001, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
Howling was not dominating last year. I have no idea who you are confusing him with.

Did Howry give you a dirty look one time and thats why you're so down on him?

The 2nd half of last year Howry was King and the key component in our bullpens proficiency.
Lets not flush him down the toilet just yet.

FarWestChicago
09-20-2001, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

Did Howry give you a dirty look one time and thats why you're so down on him?

The 2nd half of last year Howry was King and the key component in our bullpens proficiency.
Lets not flush him down the toilet just yet. Howling's tag is : walk. That's from last year when he almost always walked the first guy he faced. In fact, his nickname here was Bob "I've never met a man I couldn't walk" Howry. He was quite frightening nearly every time he took the mound. He was more effective than this year. But, that isn't really high praise. I can appreciate you are a Howry fan, but he isn't very good. And there are many people more down on Howling than I am.

Pete Ward
09-21-2001, 07:17 AM
I still think we would have won it if some of these guys didnt go down with an injury.

The more things change ....the more they stay the same :sox

Since the end last season, Cal Eldred, James Baldwin, Sean Lowe, Bob Howry, Bill Simas, Lorenzo Barcelo, Antonio Osuna, Jim Parque, David Wells and Kelly Wunsch have had major surgery.

Biddle swells the number to 11.