PDA

View Full Version : The End

South Side
06-07-2004, 02:15 PM
Yeah, last night at 11:00 everyone had their time to cry and complain that we're not going to win anything and curse Billy Koch but let's end it here. The negativity is downright obnoxious. This is baseball and not one of you knows where we will end up in October. So let's just gain a little perspective here and realize we have 100+ more games to go and let's hope this was our worst hour. PLEASE stop complaining (except about Billy) and damning this team to hell, it brings everyone down.
Thanks.

CubKilla
06-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Don't like it, don't read it. People are entitled to their opinion.

fledgedrallycap
06-07-2004, 02:21 PM
I have to say that in the long-run this will turn out to be a good thing. Blowing two big games with Billy Koch solely to blame had to be done in order to send a message to Kenny and Ozzie. Did any of us want Billy out there in September against the Twins, or if lucky enough against the Yankees in October? Hell no. Who knows how much longer he could of been pulling clovers from his butt. His luck ran out, his stuff is gone and we will have a new closer.

The season is not over and we are still in first place. Think positive thoughts.

South Side
06-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Don't like it, don't read it.

I know I probably shouldn't. You like hearing that your team is doomed and the season is over in June?

maurice
06-07-2004, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by South Side
PLEASE stop complaining (except about Billy) and damning this team to hell, it brings everyone down.
Thanks.

Originally posted by fledgedrallycap
The season is not over and we are still in first place. Think positive thoughts.

:threadrules:

mantis1212
06-07-2004, 02:25 PM
I have to say that in the long-run this will turn out to be a good thing. Blowing two big games with Billy Koch solely to blame had to be done in order to send a message to Kenny and Ozzie. Did any of us want Billy out there in September against the Twins, or if lucky enough against the Yankees in October? Hell no. Who knows how much longer he could of been pulling clovers from his butt. His luck ran out, his stuff is gone and we will have a new closer.

Exactly my thoughts. Better now than anywhere near the playoffs. Last time Koch was in the playoffs he was blowing saves for Oakland, anyone remember?

South Side
06-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Don't like it, don't read it. People are entitled to their opinion.

That's why I asked. I didn't demand. I am fully aware that most of is not going to stop but I tried...

CubKilla
06-07-2004, 02:27 PM
Originally posted by mantis1212
Last time Koch was in the playoffs he was blowing saves for Oakland, anyone remember?

Koch looking over his shoulder at bombs is what stood out in my mind back when KW traded for the piece of garbage.

Nothing's changed.

raul12
06-07-2004, 02:28 PM
That's why I asked. I didn't demand. I am fully aware that most of is not going to stop but I tried...

Most people's anger was directly solely at Crotch. The people complaining about the offense--we put up 5 runs last night. That should be good enough to win.

South Side
06-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by raul12
Most people's anger was directly solely at Crotch. The people complaining about the offense--we put up 5 runs last night. That should be good enough to win.

I am all for the Koch bashing but I was referring to the comments saying that we just ruined our chances of going anywhere this year. Basically what stood out in my mind is the one topic entitled "Why we won't win the division".

rmusacch
06-07-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by raul12

Not sure what game you were watching but we only put up 4 runs last night. :)

DaveIsHere
06-07-2004, 03:00 PM
BLah Blah Blah Blah...we suck...blah blah blah.....no playoff....blah blah blah.....shotgun in the mouth....blah blah blah.....but you know what

:ozzie
"Beely is still OUR closer whitesox fans"

fquaye149
06-07-2004, 05:10 PM
Basically what stood out in my mind is the one topic entitled "Why we won't win the division".

But it's a realistic thread. especially with the air conditioning in the metrodome

gosox41
06-07-2004, 05:15 PM

Koch has been with this team for 1 1/3 seasons and they're still using him as a closer. What more proof does KW need to see that Koch sucks? He should only be pitching when the Sox are up or down more then 5 runs.

Bob

steff
06-07-2004, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Not sure what game you were watching but we only put up 4 runs last night. :)

And by all indications, that would have been enough until T-Ball Billy got on the mound.

Lip Man 1
06-07-2004, 06:50 PM
South Side says: "You like hearing that your team is doomed and the season is over in June?"

With respect an average record of 83-79 for the past six years since the White Flag Deal doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it?

Plus Sox fans remember the fact that the team WAS out of it by June 2001 and June 2002.

Lip

hsnterprize
06-07-2004, 07:00 PM
Yeah, last night at 11:00 everyone had their time to cry and complain that we're not going to win anything and curse Billy Koch but let's end it here. The negativity is downright obnoxious. This is baseball and not one of you knows where we will end up in October. So let's just gain a little perspective here and realize we have 100+ more games to go and let's hope this was our worst hour. PLEASE stop complaining (except about Billy) and damning this team to hell, it brings everyone down.
Thanks. You're right. As much as I'm ticked off about this road trip, I believe that all things happen for a reason. Like you say, this debacle shows Kenny and Ozzie this Koch-style collapsing just can't continue. Koch has to go...it's as simple as that. That way, he'll no longer be a possible saboteur to our team's hopes for a division title and beyond.

dpbyron
06-07-2004, 07:01 PM
Thanks. :threadrules:

South Side
06-07-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
South Side says: "You like hearing that your team is doomed and the season is over in June?"

With respect an average record of 83-79 for the past six years since the White Flag Deal doesn't exactly inspire confidence does it?

Plus Sox fans remember the fact that the team WAS out of it by June 2001 and June 2002.

Lip

I don't know what to tell you, Lip because obviously your problems with the organization always come before anything else.
There a time to be realistic and realize your team is going nowhere, but it's not when you're in 1rst place.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-07-2004, 08:02 PM
I don't know what to tell you, Lip because obviously your problems with the organization always come before anything else.
There a time to be realistic and realize your team is going nowhere, but it's not when you're in 1rst place.

Let me state this differently. Nobody ever lost the season in June when they were in first place.

Some of what I've read here since last night borders on the absurd.

:chickenlittle

batmanZoSo
06-07-2004, 08:05 PM
This is to no one in this thread in particular, just my two cents.

I'm sick of being told I can't have anything bad to say. Screw you, I'll say whatever I want. If you're positive all the time you got bigger problems than I do.

I personally will continue to say whatever I feel, whether it's bad or good, about the Sox. It's always what I really mean as an objective observer.

As long as I'm not violating the Board Rules, mind your own business. You say what you wanna say and I'll say what I wanna say.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-07-2004, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by rmusacch
Not sure what game you were watching but we only put up 4 runs last night.

Spoken like a true accountant.

:smile:

OzzieBall2004
06-07-2004, 08:22 PM
Is this team good enough to win the AL comedy central, well probably. But while you have to take it one step at a time, this team is in no way prepared to take on the Yankees or Red Sox in a playoff series. We need the fifth starter problem to be solved. We need Koch to take a walk and stop giving walks in save situations. This team is good enough to play with the Yankees (We took 3 of 7 from them, including Buehrles first inning debacle after a long rain delay) and the Red Sox, but we have pretty serious problems that need to be addressed before we can think about going anywhere past the first round. Granted getting there isn't a given, but I'd be far from satisfied if we bowed out in the first round a la 2000. So keep up the negative banter if you want, it'll make it all the more enjoyable in October if our guys make any noise.

maurice
06-07-2004, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
I'm sick of being told I can't have anything bad to say. Screw you, I'll say whatever I want. . . . As long as I'm not violating the Board Rules, mind your own business.

So you're saying that you should be free to say whatever you want, but anybody who disagrees with you should shut up (or, alternatively, be screwed by you).

This gets my nomination for HPOTW (hypocritical post of the week).

South Side
06-07-2004, 08:26 PM
This is to no one in this thread in particular, just my two cents.

I'm sick of being told I can't have anything bad to say. Screw you, I'll say whatever I want. If you're positive all the time you got bigger problems than I do.

I personally will continue to say whatever I feel, whether it's bad or good, about the Sox. It's always what I really mean as an objective observer.

As long as I'm not violating the Board Rules, mind your own business. You say what you wanna say and I'll say what I wanna say.

Yeah, directed at no one in particular. The point is have a little respect for others. I am a fan of the White Sox and I still would be if we were in last place but we're not, so why bombard everyone else with your negativity? You're certainly entitled to that negativity but have a little consideration for those of us that don't want to put the gun to our heads just yet. Like I said before, I knew that my plea wasn't really going to accomplish anything but I tried... GOD HELP US ALL THE SOX HAVE LOST!!!!

batmanZoSo
06-07-2004, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by maurice
So you're saying that you should be free to say whatever you want, but anybody who disagrees with you should shut up (or, alternatively, be screwed by you).

Actually, no. Way to insert words into my mouth. One key omission on your part is when I encouraged everyone to say what they want, so long as they don't criticize others for having different views on the matter at hand. Wow, looks like your post is completely inane and glib after all.

Brush up on your comprehension skills before coming after me.

batmanZoSo
06-07-2004, 11:25 PM
Yeah, directed at no one in particular. The point is have a little respect for others. I am a fan of the White Sox and I still would be if we were in last place but we're not, so why bombard everyone else with your negativity? You're certainly entitled to that negativity but have a little consideration for those of us that don't want to put the gun to our heads just yet. Like I said before, I knew that my plea wasn't really going to accomplish anything but I tried... GOD HELP US ALL THE SOX HAVE LOST!!!!

I don't think I'm that negative in the first place. Only when there's a lot to be negative about. But the REAL point is if I wan't to be, I will be. Nobody feels "bombarded" by my occasional negativity. If they did, they could always ignore me.

I'm not gonna start a thread criticizing people for being too upbeat on things.

South Side
06-08-2004, 12:43 AM
I don't think I'm that negative in the first place. Only when there's a lot to be negative about. But the REAL point is if I wan't to be, I will be. Nobody feels "bombarded" by my occasional negativity. If they did, they could always ignore me.

I'm not gonna start a thread criticizing people for being too upbeat on things.

I wasn't actually referring to you in the first place. I think you missed my point. Yeah, you (meaning everyone) obviously have the right to voice ALL of your complaints but you're not the only one on this board so have a little consideration for those of us who are looking forward to a winning season and who don't think the season is doomed because of 1-5 road trip out West. And I don't think you can speak for everyone... I did feel bombarded reading all the negative topics today and I am sure I could gather one other person who feels my sentiments as well.

Jerko
06-08-2004, 01:27 AM
I didn't know it was wrong to be upset after your team loses, especially the way these last few games have gone. I am not saying the season is over, I am not saying the Sox are doomed, but sometimes it's worse to pretend that nothing is wrong than it is to be negative after a loss. Ignoring the problems with this team won't solve them. I guess Williams should not be looking for help right now either since you can't win the division in June. Well, you may not be able to win it in June, but you sure as hell can lose it by then. Just ask the Mariners and Royals.

italiancee
06-08-2004, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by OzzieBall2004
this team is in no way prepared to take on the Yankees or Red Sox in a playoff series.

i dont think we should be that worried about the yanks.we seem to always do good when we come against them.detroit was more scarry too us last year than the yanks

maurice
06-08-2004, 01:46 PM
Way to insert words into my mouth.

I don't need to insert the BS. Your mouth is full of it. "Screw you," "mind your own business," and "don't criticize others for having different views" are your words. Don't try to run from them now just because everybody is sick of your :whiner:. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

batmanZoSo
06-08-2004, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by maurice
I don't need to insert the BS. Your mouth is full of it. "Screw you," "mind your own business," and "don't criticize others for having different views" are your words. Don't try to run from them now just because everybody is sick of your :whiner:. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Your whole argument is bunk. Quit while you're only slightly behind, fool.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-08-2004, 02:18 PM
Your whole argument is bunk. Quit while you're only slightly behind, fool.

Name-calling won't win this argument for you, but it might get you moderated.

Fair warning...