PDA

View Full Version : We will know if this team is for real....

joeynach
06-07-2004, 12:40 PM
In the next 3 days we will find out. After coming off a dismal roadtrip out west where every game was lost as a heartbreaker or a disaster whether this team is for real. We just got slapped in the face bigtime, our closer and bullpen blew 3 sure wins in a difficult place for us. The hard part now is to somehow njot let this get us done adn rebound from this disaster. That is what Ozzie is here for, this is the time he needs to prove his worth. I know everyone was down after last nights game, even Ozzie as he said in the papers "this was a tough one to lose", but we have to rebound here and take at least 2 of 3 from philly. If we do then we are back on track, if we dont we know that our oppenents have gotton to us and we have been dereailed. Hopefully ozzie can keep us up and on track.

kittle42
06-07-2004, 01:03 PM
I am already preparing to see Thome continue his home-runs-against-the-Sox binge. :(:

Lip Man 1
06-07-2004, 01:57 PM
I'm more concerned with the fact that the Phillies are throwing a pitcher Tuesday the Sox have never seen and he has an ERA of 1.07!

Lip

MRKARNO
06-07-2004, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Lip Man 1
I'm more concerned with the fact that the Phillies are throwing a pitcher Tuesday the Sox have never seen and he has an ERA of 1.07!

Lip

Ryan Madson has done all of that in relief this year, so that lessens the meaning of that ERA...a bit.

Jerko
06-07-2004, 02:37 PM
I hate facing Thome; I've seen enough of his home runs at the Cell over the years. The Sox better kick Atlanta's asses too. I know Ozzie is in his first year and wasn't around back when, but I'm still pissed off over the 3 spankings the Braves gave the Sox last time they met.............the Sox better be too.

Lip Man 1
06-07-2004, 07:03 PM
Remember the 'dreaded' 5th starter of the week goes on Saturday.

To put it mildly that's not good...

Lip

Frater Perdurabo
06-07-2004, 07:20 PM
Remember the 'dreaded' 5th starter of the week goes on Saturday.

To put it mildly that's not good...

Lip

Let's hope Otis is right and the starting pitcher on June 12 will be Sheets or Sabathia (sp?). :smile:

batmanZoSo
06-07-2004, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by joeynach
In the next 3 days we will find out. After coming off a dismal roadtrip out west where every game was lost as a heartbreaker or a disaster whether this team is for real. We just got slapped in the face bigtime, our closer and bullpen blew 3 sure wins in a difficult place for us. The hard part now is to somehow njot let this get us done adn rebound from this disaster. That is what Ozzie is here for, this is the time he needs to prove his worth. I know everyone was down after last nights game, even Ozzie as he said in the papers "this was a tough one to lose", but we have to rebound here and take at least 2 of 3 from philly. If we do then we are back on track, if we dont we know that our oppenents have gotton to us and we have been dereailed. Hopefully ozzie can keep us up and on track.

This is way too melodramatic. At one point last year the Twins lost something like 15 out of 20 and they went on to win 91 games. Did anyone think they were for real then?

We'll know the Sox are for real when they have an 8 game lead or when they finally win it. We'll know they aren't when they're 8 games back or when they're eliminated.

South Side
06-07-2004, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by batmanZoSo
This is way too melodramatic. At one point last year the Twins lost something like 15 out of 20 and they went on to win 91 games. Did anyone think they were for real then?

We'll know the Sox are for real when they have an 8 game lead or when they finally win it. We'll know they aren't when they're 8 games back or when they're eliminated.

Amen.

Hokiesox
06-08-2004, 09:15 AM
And the Twins are going through that stretch right now, or something close to it. This is when we should be putting distance on them. Is this the first series Seattle has won all year? They're awful!

Good-riddance Billy Koch. I'm sorry we knew ye.

idseer
06-08-2004, 09:19 AM

Lip

we'll probably light him up.
it's the rookies with era's of 6+ we can't handle.