PDA

View Full Version : post of the week nominee


ode to veeck
06-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Flying home yesterday, I only got bits and pieces of the Sox game through various airports, but upon waking and reading the results this morning, I had to go back to the 6/2/04 postgame thread to find Long Live Fisk's comment on Billy Koch again:

Originally posted by LongLiveFisk Oh I knew he was going to blow this one big time. Having Billy Koch out there in a 1-run lead is like having 1 sheet of toilet paper when you have diarrhea!

... or maybe just two sheets in the case of yesterday's game, pretty much the same messy, stinky result that's gonna stick with you for some time ...

LongLiveFisk
06-07-2004, 09:55 AM
Oh, you have made me very happy :)

BigEdWalsh
06-07-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by ode to veeck
Flying home yesterday, I only got bits and pieces of the Sox game through various airports, but upon waking and reading the results this morning, I had to go back to the 6/2/04 postgame thread to find Long Live Fisk's comment on Billy Koch again:



... or maybe just two sheets in the case of yesterday's game, pretty much the same messy, stinky result that's gonna stick with you for some time ...

I'll second that motion. A great line, a true classic!
:D: :gulp:

Jerko
06-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Originally posted by LongLiveFisk
Oh, you have made me very happy :)

People keep nominating you because they all know you're a girl.....................

LongLiveFisk
06-07-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Jerko
People keep nominating you because they all know you're a girl.....................

LOL

Runner-up POTW? :D:

BearSox
06-07-2004, 10:23 AM
Do I get any credit for orignally nominating the post for POTW after the Oakland game? :D:

LongLiveFisk
06-07-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by BearSox
Do I get any credit for orignally nominating the post for POTW after the Oakland game? :D:

Sure you do....

Thanks!

Here's a beer for you :gulp:

CubKilla
06-07-2004, 12:59 PM
Originally posted by BigEdWalsh
I'll second that motion. A great line, a true classic!
:D: :gulp:

Absolutely. Sox fans can do one of two things if the Sox Organization is going to keep trotting Botch out to be crucified every time a save is on the line..... get angry and trash your (or a friend's) house or laugh.

Billy Koch has become a punchline in a similar vein to Roy Munson.

Example: On Friday afternoon against the Pirates, nursing a one run lead, Joe Borowski Koched it up and allowed 2 runs to score in the top of the ninth.

Baby Fisk
06-07-2004, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by CubKilla
Billy Koch has become a punchline in a similar vein to Roy Munson.

Example: On Friday afternoon against the Pirates, nursing a one run lead, Joe Borowski Koched it up and allowed 2 runs to score in the top of the ninth.

Here's a first crack at a proper definition of what we have come to know too well...

Koch ('kawtch ) v.; to bungle a relatively simple task, often repeatedly.

Eg.: "I Koched the dinner reservations again, but that's okay because I know she still loves me."

Not sure if Koch the verb should always be capitalized. Linguists/semioticians please offer your thoughts.

(PS: add my vote to LLF's dinger for POTW! :cool: )

LongLiveFisk
06-07-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Baby Fisk
Here's a first crack at a proper definition of what we have come to know too well...

Koch ('kawtch ) v.; to bungle a relatively simple task, often repeatedly.

Eg.: "I Koched the dinner reservations again, but that's okay because I know she still loves me."

Not sure if Koch the verb should always be capitalized. Linguists/semioticians please offer your thoughts.

(PS: add my vote to LLF's dinger for POTW! :cool: )

When you screw something up that you should have gotten right, you can say you "pulled a koch". In fact, I think Koch himself used that term!

And thanks for your vote :cool:

Baby Fisk
06-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by LongLiveFisk
When you screw something up that you should have gotten right, you can say you "pulled a koch". In fact, I think Koch himself used that term!

And thanks for your vote :cool:

:cool: